MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What TV shows are you watching right now?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 42>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 12:22pm
I'm liking Yen, but I liked her in The Wild Hunt, as well. They do make her sympathetic at the start, but by episode four, she feels closer to the Yen from the games.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 12:31pm
Yen from the games is pretty much the same as from the books. I couldn't stand the character in them either. 

Still always feel like a complete dick breaking her heart during The Last Wish quest though. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 6:55pm
Finished the season. Without spoiling anything, I can say it was a solid beginning on its own, but it makes me really, really want season 2 as soon as possible LOL
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2019 at 12:30pm
I just finished the first season of https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5711280/

Definitely worth watching. Especially if you are a fan of the Black Mirror series. Electric Dreams (2017)
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2019 at 10:55am

Just finished watching the Chernobyl tv-miniseries, and that was a really great show.

Chernobyl (2019)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7366338/
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 2:50pm
I'm going to say it: tonight's Doctor Who was hands down better than the whole last series combined. 
GG2U

Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 2:56pm
^ and good to see another version of The Master too Smile

For anyone who has access to BBC iPlayer and hasn't seen Informer, it's well worth the six episodes, especially if you like cop dramas. Excellent.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 4:58am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Just finished watching the Chernobyl tv-miniseries, and that was a really great show.

Chernobyl (2019)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7366338/
Watched this one Again with my wife and my son, and it can easily be watched twice. Great show.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 5:22am
You ever been to Chernobyl Jonas? Went last year with my son when we were in Kyiv. Otherworldly is one word for it.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 5:23am
I've started The Witcher. Three episodes in and from what I recall of the books it's pretty faithful, though some characters don't match how I picture them (which may be because of how they look in the games). I think Geralt is well done. Yen has mostly only been seen so far as her original, hunchbacked self and hasn't yet developed into the character I absolutely loath, so unsold on her portrayal at the moment. Triss? Honestly Triss isn't half as big a deal in the books as she was made in the games and I do know that the game design of Triss isn't exactly book accurate, so it's a hard one to call. She is the centre of the biggest story change so far though: she was in Geralt's part of episode 3 and she is not in that story in the books. 

The biggest issue with the series so far though is that, if I hadn't read the books already and played the games, which have references to events such as these shown in these first three episodes, I'm really not sure I'd know what was going on. It's obvious that there are multiple time periods being shown, but the show gives no indication exactly when things are happening. It would clear up the series immensely if they'd just added a caption in each scene stating the year and location the scene takes place. It's only on episode 3 that I'd have realised this without prior knowledge of the books/games, since they showed Foltest as a child in one part and as an adult in another. 

Characters in the series tend to pronounce certain names differently than in the games as well, which creates a bit of discontinuity for me, because now I'm really unsure which is correct to the books. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 11:11am
Originally posted by Bosh66 Bosh66 wrote:

You ever been to Chernobyl Jonas? Went last year with my son when we were in Kyiv. Otherworldly is one word for it.
Nope, never been to an East European country. I´ve visisted most Vest European countries, but just haven´t had the chance to go East yet. Maybe some day...
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 1:51pm
Finished the first two seasons of Top Boy. Pretty great British show:
Top Boy (2011)
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 12:58am

Been watching old SCTV skits lately, and I really wish they had used the Norman Gorman character more often. As a New Yorker myself, I've heard people who sound like this at work and I'm always laughing internally at this skit.
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 2:43pm
Finished the first season of Mayans MC. Worth watching if you enjoyed Sons of Anarchy. It´s pretty much more of the same, but set in an Hispanic environment.
Mayans M.C. (2018)
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 4:14am
I've always meant to watch Mayans, because I loved Sons of Anarchy. Never seem to get around to it though. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 6:00am
I'm trying my best to avoid spoilers for Crisis on Infinite Earths, which hasn't even started here yet (it finished Stateside yesterday) - good news on this front being that Batwoman finally has a confirmed UK broadcaster, though no news on when they plan to show it or when Sky will show the other episodes. I hope they manage to work together to air them in order, even if it means the rest of the shows won't pick up for a while. 

One thing I do know about is that apparently heaped a ton of other shows (and movies) into the Arrowverse with this crossover and it looks like I'd better get caught up with Black Lightening at the very least, which looks like it's becoming a main show post-debut the same way Supergirl did years ago. Black Lightning is another UK issue though: Netflix has seasons 1 and 2, but season 3 has never appeared. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2020 at 1:13pm
Holy shit tonight's Doctor Who...what a game changing episode. Totally unexpected and possibly the best Whittaker episode so far as well. This changes the entire mythology of the show. 
GG2U

666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2020 at 2:46pm
I take it since we're not a strict TV site that spoilers are OK here, because I have a theory about tonight's Doctor Who and it's going to be spoiler heavy.

There are hints in the Jack Harkness scenes about the 'new' Doctor. He mentioned someone/something (not sure of exact wording, need to re-watch) sent back through that. That is The Doctor. This Doctor cannot be the actual past of 13 because her TARDIS is in the police box shape. That doesn't happen until Hartnell's Doctor spends time in the 1960s with Susan and the Chameleon circuit gets stuck. Unless it's a major continuity fuck up, but I doubt it. This new Doctor is after Jodie. Possibly a long way ahead. She was sent back in time, not necessarily in that regeneration and had her memories wiped somehow. By something other than the Chameleon Arch (which by the way I figured out in the cathedral scene). She is this Timeless Child that has been referenced before. Timeless Child may even imply that the new Doctor is both the past and future of Jodie's 13th Doctor. The Doctor may be stuck in a (very long) time loop. 

Jack's Lone Cyberman probably figures into this somehow as well. But we don't know about that yet. The Master has also hinted that everything The Doctor knows is a lie. The lie of the Timeless Child. He knows something about this regardless of how right or wrong my theory is. This episode also throws into question whether The Master we saw in the two part opener actually is post-Missy, since no explanation was given for his survival and regeneration. 

This was a real head spinning episode. I feel like I need to watch it again. 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 3:14am
I think you may be on to something Nicole. And Jack said 'something' rather than 'someone' I just watched that bit back to check. Could be a future Doctor with their memory wiped. Jack said something was sent back through time to defeat the Cybermen. 
GG2U

666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 7:59am
I guess it'll play out at least part way by the final episode, which is supposed to be Cybermen based. Might not get all of it this season though. Hope Jack appears again because we need to have scenes with him and 13 together! Only disappointing bit of the episode. Otherwise this is the most interesting Doctor Who has been for years. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 42>
  Share Topic