MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What TV shows are you watching right now?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 42>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 2:06am
Game of Thrones. Shocked
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 9:47am
Tbh, I didn't think it was very good at all last night. I won't go into details, yet, but I essentially thought it was very rushed, and characters made some inexplicably bad decisions, which is honestly something that's been true all season, but in that episode it just got out of control. I no longer think the show can be redeemed, either, because they ruined some major elements last night. There were some great moments, but overall, the episode was very rushed, and made certain things the show was building up to, come off as cheap and forced.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 11:44am
Just finished season 1 of The Umbrella Academy, and this show has it all. Drama, action, humour, an impending apocalypse, time-travel, a secret Agency with killer agents travelling through time, and people with an interesting variation of superpowers...I am hooked and can´t wait to Watch season 2 when it arrives.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by DippoMagoo DippoMagoo wrote:

Tbh, I didn't think it was very good at all last night. I won't go into details, yet, but I essentially thought it was very rushed, and characters made some inexplicably bad decisions, which is honestly something that's been true all season, but in that episode it just got out of control. I no longer think the show can be redeemed, either, because they ruined some major elements last night. There were some great moments, but overall, the episode was very rushed, and made certain things the show was building up to, come off as cheap and forced.

Yeah I'm starting to feel like this shorter final season wasn't actually in the show's best interests. Or maybe those first two build up episodes were just wasted time. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Just finished season 1 of The Umbrella Academy, and this show has it all. Drama, action, humour, an impending apocalypse, time-travel, a secret Agency with killer agents travelling through time, and people with an interesting variation of superpowers...I am hooked and can´t wait to Watch season 2 when it arrives.

Sounds promising. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Sounds promising. 

People say that if you enjoyed Dirk Gently, there´s a good chance you´ll enjoy this one too. IMO it´s not quite as crazy as Dirk Gently, but there are certainly some pretty weird moments here and there.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 9:17am
Well I definitely liked Dirk Gently. I was disappointed that it got cancelled. I expect I'll check The Umbrella Academy out when the current roster of TV shows dries up: one Game of Thrones to go plus the Arrowverse shows haven't got long to run each and the new Lucifer was released in one go now it's on Netflix (half way through and boy does a shorter season work wonders for storytelling - no filler episodes at all) plus some others I was watching have recently finished (such as The Grand Tour and Shadowhunters) so I'll be looking for a new series before long. I do have Bates Motel to finish still though. I'm currently working my way through season 4 (of 5) between the weekly episodes of other shows.  
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 11:20am

^I loved Bates Motel. Creepy that one, but lots of drama and some action too.

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 1:50pm
So close now to the end of Game of Thrones and I'm actually kinda dreading it. It's not the first show I've invested years in since its first season and shows that go on so long have a history of falling flat on their face when it comes to ending and so far season 8 hasn't really done much to persuade me that this isn't going to be one them. Everything I've read over the last week from the cast and even GRRM himself isn't exactly filling me with confidence that this is going to be the finale anyone actually wants. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 8:43pm
Light Spoiler Warning (I don't go into any details, but even an opinion on such an important episode could be considered a spoiler, imo)

Well, it certainly wasn't the ending I would have come up with, and some parts of it were definitely stupid, but it wasn't all bad. It had a few really nice scenes, and some of the character's ended up in positions I'm satisfied with. 

Actual Spoiler Warning:

Drogon going all angry, burning the throne, then flying off with Dany's corpse was the single best part of the season, and one of my favorite scenes in the whole series.

Edited by DippoMagoo - 19 May 2019 at 8:44pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 2:32am
Just watched it. An unexpected finale, but one I'm actually happy with. If you'd asked me earlier in season about who I'd be okay with dying at the end I may have said differently, but in the end I was okay with it. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 11:01am

Í just finished season 8 of Game of Thrones, and I think it was a pretty strong finale to the series. I´m definitely happy about how it ended.

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 12:16pm
Watched Good Omens on Amazon Prime. Very good, off the wall comedy. If you liked Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency then you'd probably dig this too. Has a similar crazy vibe. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 12:36pm
I've started watching a French series called Black Spot on Netflix. Quite intriguing so far, it's unclear if there's something otherworldly going on behind the otherwise crime drama themed show or if everything will be explained to be grounded in reality but there's been plenty of weirdness so far. It can be watched dubbed into English but I'm watching it in French with subs. Very atmospheric stuff. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2019 at 3:32pm
Just finished the two available seasons of Black Spot. Loved the show, really hope it gets a third season cause they really can't leave it where it leaves off in S2. The finale just raised far more questions than ever before. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2019 at 10:35pm
I still have like a million shows to try on Netflix, which I just haven't gotten around to yet. I will actually be watching a show next month, for the first time since the end of Game of Thrones, that being Stranger Things 3, on July 4th. I loved the first two seasons, so hopefully they can avoid a letdown, but at this point, I can't trust any show to not fall apart, ever again.

Edited by DippoMagoo - 24 Jun 2019 at 10:36pm
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2019 at 11:45pm
Started watching season 2 of Daredevil.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 10:55pm
I binged Stranger Things 3 in one day, as expected. Thankfully, it avoided the letdown and ended up being pretty awesome, and extremely wild and fun, once again. I'm very interested to see where they go with season 4, but I won't bring up any spoilers, yet. Suffice to say, the finale of this season is probably the biggest moment of the series, so far.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2019 at 12:00am
^ I managed to get in two episodes last night. I expect I'll watch more today. 

Also finished season 4 of Fear the Walking Dead yesterday. This one really felt like a transitional seasons all the way through. It doesn't feel like the same show anymore come it's conclusion. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2019 at 8:24am
Started watchin Netflix series "Happy" season 1 yesterday, and it seems like a wild crazy ride that one. I´m definitely interested to see where it goes...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 42>
  Share Topic