MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What TV shows are you watching right now?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 42>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2018 at 12:57pm
Going to be watching the live episode of Not Going Out shortly. Hope it isn't as weird as Inside No.9's recent 'live' episode. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2018 at 3:50am

Just about done with season 2 of Ash vs Evil Dead. Completely nuts this one, but I love the primitive humour and odd story twists....and the over the top gore too of course Thumbs Up

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 4:53am
Just finished watching this 4 episode docu series:

Scary, bizarre, and really interesting case.

Evil Genius: The True Story of Americas Most Diabolical Bank Heist (2018)
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 4:15pm
Just completed the first five seasons of The Blacklist, and also the sole season of The Blacklist Redemption:

The Blacklist (2013)
Famke Janssen, Edi Gathegi, and Ryan Eggold in The Blacklist: Redemption (2017)https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5592230/?ref_=ttep_ep_tt
davegrift View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davegrift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Going to be watching the live episode of Not Going Out shortly. Hope it isn't as weird as Inside No.9's recent 'live' episode. 
Clap
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 2:35pm
I´ve started watching Van Helsing. The acting isn´t always the most convincing, and the lines and actions of some of the characters are bordering the ridiculous, but it´s a fairly entertaining vampyre/apocalypse show.

If I want to Watch that type of show, I much prefer Z Nation though, which I quite frankly find pretty damn brilliant...Season 5 just arrived on Netflix Clap
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

I´ve started watching Van Helsing. The acting isn´t always the most convincing, and the lines and actions of some of the characters are bordering the ridiculous, but it´s a fairly entertaining vampyre/apocalypse show.

If I want to Watch that type of show, I much prefer Z Nation though, which I quite frankly find pretty damn brilliant...Season 5 just arrived on Netflix Clap

I'm waiting for season 3 of Van Helsing on Netflix. It's been a while since I saw the first season now; if I recall correctly I had some gripes with it. Same with season 2 although they were different gripes and I did enjoy it more overall. 

Z Nation is excellent. In the UK Netflix only has up to season 3 though. Not that it affects me as I was able to watch seasons 4 & 5 off of Sky. There were some mixed reports over whether season 5 was designed as the final season or whether it was cancelled though and it definitely felt like the latter after watching it. Too many loose ends. I'm hoping that Netflix revives it as they're making a prequel series to it. 
GG2U

davegrift View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davegrift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 6:06am
My top:
1. Game of Thrones = watching now, almost classic
2. The Walking Dead = just awesome! ​​​​​​​
3. The Flash 2014 = outstanding plot
666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 4:55am
Watched all of Netflix's new series of animated sci-fi shorts Love, Death & Robots over the weekend. Bloody brilliant. 
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 10:54am

I'm waiting for season 3 of Van Helsing on Netflix. It's been a while since I saw the first season now; if I recall correctly I had some gripes with it. Same with season 2 although they were different gripes and I did enjoy it more overall. 

Z Nation is excellent. In the UK Netflix only has up to season 3 though. Not that it affects me as I was able to watch seasons 4 & 5 off of Sky. There were some mixed reports over whether season 5 was designed as the final season or whether it was cancelled though and it definitely felt like the latter after watching it. Too many loose ends. I'm hoping that Netflix revives it as they're making a prequel series to it. 
Just finished season 3 of Van Helsing, and with that ending, they can´t end it here. So I´m sure there´ll be a season 4. It´s not a WOW show for me, but me and my wife are entertained, and that´s alright.

I´ve started watching season 5 of Z Nation. Same crazy ass shit as always...I love it. I mean...zombies as suicide bombers??? Clap
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 5:12pm
I haven't started season 3 of Van Helsing yet...seem to be keeping up with far too many shows right now. I'll probably start it soon though.

I've just watched Netflix's Russian Doll. An intriguing series but I'm left none the wiser by the ending. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 11:20am
Just finished season 9 og The Walking Dead. I found it mildly more entertaining than the last couple of seasons, but they need to cut the number of episodes per season, to keep the entertainment level high. I´m often feeling like they Draw out the season plot to fill 16 episodes, and I´d much rather they wrote fewer but better episodes. It´s become too formulaic. Hopefully "The Whisperes" destroy Alexandria and The Hilltop, forcing our heroes on the move Again. I miss them being on the open road, facing danger constantly. I hate it when they feel safe LOL
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 11:23am
Me and my wife also just finished the first season of Jessica Jonas, and we both really enjoyed the show. I actually found it quite brilliant. My wife usually doesn´t enjoy superhero movies or shows, but Jessica isn´t your everyday cape cloaked mask wearing superhero. Sure she has supernatural strength, but she is also vulnerable and has a lot of human errors, which I find quite charming. Alcoholism and psychic traumas aren´t exactly charming, but it´s human flaws that many people deal with, and that´s what I like about Jessica...she is a human...not a superhuman.

Edited by UMUR - 09 Apr 2019 at 11:23am
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 2:01pm

Me and my wife also just finished the first season of Jessica Jonas, and we both really enjoyed the show. I actually found it quite brilliant. My wife usually doesn´t enjoy superhero movies or shows, but Jessica isn´t your everyday cape cloaked mask wearing superhero. Sure she has supernatural strength, but she is also vulnerable and has a lot of human errors, which I find quite charming. Alcoholism and psychic traumas aren´t exactly charming, but it´s human flaws that many people deal with, and that´s what I like about Jessica...she is a human...not a superhuman.

Jessica Jones season 1 is easily my favourite Netflix MCU season.

Unfortunately Jessica Jones season 2 is just as easily my least favourite. 

Edited by adg211288 - 09 Apr 2019 at 2:01pm
GG2U

DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 8:35pm
Game of Thrones is (finally) back, though tonight's episode was kinda meh, and mostly just setup. Even for a premiere, it lacked excitement, imo, aside from a couple good scenes. It better pick up big soon, considering there's only five episodes left.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 11:49pm

Jessica Jones season 1 is easily my favourite Netflix MCU season.

Unfortunately Jessica Jones season 2 is just as easily my least favourite. 

I´ve reached episode 6 of season 2 of Jessica Jones, and I´m still entertained.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 11:51pm
I´m watching the new NETFLIX zombie series Black Summer. While I´m not sure the world needs another zombie series right now, it´s still a pretty entertaining series, dealing with the first weeks of a zombie apocalypse.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 2:41am
Originally posted by DippoMagoo DippoMagoo wrote:

Game of Thrones is (finally) back, though tonight's episode was kinda meh, and mostly just setup. Even for a premiere, it lacked excitement, imo, aside from a couple good scenes. It better pick up big soon, considering there's only five episodes left.

Yeah it was all preamble. A far cry from the 'movie length episodes' we were promised for the final season.

I´m watching the new NETFLIX zombie series Black Summer. While I´m not sure the world needs another zombie series right now, it´s still a pretty entertaining series, dealing with the first weeks of a zombie apocalypse.

It's a prequel to Z Nation so I intend to watch this one, although I wish Netflix would have instead invested in continuing the axed parent series since I'm in no way satisfied with how that was left in season 5.
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 7:58am
Weird if Black Summer is a prequeal to Z Nation. Black Summer is quite sinister and unpleasant, while Z Nation is often more comedy than horror. I don´t see the connection at all, other than the word Black Summer.

Also the "Black Summer" event in Z Nation was as far as I remember at least a year into the zombie apocalypse, while the events in Black Summer take place only some weeks (maybe a month or little over a month) into the zombie apocalypse.

Edited by UMUR - 15 Apr 2019 at 8:00am
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 8:03am
This is how the series creator described it: 'Same apocalypse, different story. ...it is earlier in the same apocalypse. Things haven't got weird yet.'
GG2U

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 42>
  Share Topic