MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What TV shows are you watching right now?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 42>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2016 at 1:00am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

It's definitely not Rick or Carl as Negan actually says that if anyone tries anything to take out Carl's other eye and feed it to his father. 
As far as I know Laura Cohan has signed a contract for season 7, so it´s probably not Maggie either.

I don't think it'll be Maggie either as I don't think it's someone already sick or hurt due to the way the victim got back up again after the first blow. I think that rules out Daryl too but you never know I suppose. I have not read the comic its based on but I do know that Daryl is not in the comic which kinda makes him fair game to get killed off at any time, but I think he's still got a storyline there to be finished (his rivalry with Dwight). I know in the comic that this is where its supposed to be Glenn but that doesn't mean it will be Glenn as characters often dodge their comic counterpart's death. The reason I think it's Abraham is that he was supposed to get that crossbow bolt that killed Denise a few episodes before which may have happened so they can keep Glenn on the show. There's precedent for that as Carol died in the comic during the Prison/Woodbury storyline. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2016 at 1:01pm
One show I'm watching that I forgot to mention is The Shannara Chronicles. All in all it hasn't been a bad adaptation of Terry Brook's writing but I somehow can't see if having the longevity of Game of Thrones. Not that I mind too much as I heard that after season 1 they're going to ignore the books and do their own thing using Brook's setting so they can keep the same cast. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2016 at 9:32am
Just watched the 8 episodes of "Valentine". Although it´s a pretty simple comedy type series focusing on love, I found it pretty entertaining. It was cancelled though.

After that I have started watching Jeremiah, which is a series based on the Huppen comics. I used to love those comics as a child. The series is a bit old and it´s so and so with my excitement over it, but I´m a sucker for anything post-apocalyptic, so I´m still enjoying it somewhat.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2016 at 9:55am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

I´m a sucker for anything post-apocalyptic

Same. Though I find that most TV shows end up being not that good and inevitably get cancelled. 

Defiance is a good one if you've not seen it. It ran for three seasons before being cancelled but did end in such a way that it could have been brought back for a 4th but didn't have to be. There was no cliffhanger and to be honest I actually liked the end. It's about aliens whose world was dying and came to Earth believing it uninhabited only to discover their mistake once they arrived. Eventually tensions boiled over and there was a war during which alien Terraforming stuff was released onto the Earth which completely changed the planet. The series is set some years later with humans and the aliens trying to live in peace with each other. 

The Shannara Chronicles that I'm currently watching is also a post apocalyptic series, but it's a bit different from the norm as its a fantasy series with elves, gnomes etc. Apart from the elves though (who are quite different from the elves in Lord of the Rings it must be said) all the other races are just muted humans. So it's not a typical fantasy either. The series doesn't capture the book as well as I'd have liked but it could have been much worse and I've been enjoying what they're done with it all the same. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2016 at 10:14am
^I know Defiance, but haven´t watched it yet. I´ll be looking into The Shannara Chronicles. I´ve seen posters for it on the busstops.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2016 at 8:13am
Started watching "Breaking Bad". I´m at the last episode of season 2. Pretty great show with great acting. A bit slower than I had anticipated, but I don´t have a problem with the pace.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2016 at 4:21pm
Game of Thrones. Not going to talk about it because I have a habit of accidentally slipping in spoilers, but will say I'm loving it!
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2016 at 4:25pm
Just finished this week's Game of Thrones a little while ago. You know I think I'm actually enjoying this series more since most of it has moved beyond the books now. 
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2016 at 4:26pm
I think that's why I'm enjoying it more too.
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2016 at 7:48pm
All of them. Every single last one. Millions and millions of tv shows. Sometimes i watch 20 shows at once. When i tell people that they ask me if i am god and i say yes and feed them through their hamburger like brains disturbing visions.
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2016 at 2:31am
Person of Interest
a good show, they're on the final season (the 5th)
got weaker I say in the last couple of seasons but it's an interesting, enjoyable show.

DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2016 at 10:55am
^I dsiagree with that. I think POI has only gotten better over time and season 5 has been just amazing, easily my favorite so far. That show has actually somewhat ruined Game of Thrones for me this year, because so much can happen in one episode, where Game of Thrones has been going so slow, at times it's hard for me to pay attention or really care at all. It has had some great moments as usual, and it probably is better than season 5, but I think that show peaked with seasons 3-4. 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2016 at 6:12pm
Watched the Game of Thrones season finale this morning. Not going to say anything for those who haven't watched yet but while I enjoyed the episode a lot there were some things I did't think were made very clear and there's also what appears to be a major production goof involving Varys. 
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2016 at 6:57pm
Varys didn't actually say where he was going, and there's no indicator of the passage of time since he left.Wink
DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2016 at 7:06pm
Yeah, Game of Thrones tends to cheat a lot with how it uses the passage of time in regards to travel, especially this season. I don't let it bother me, though, since I watch the show primarily to be entertained, and the last two episodes of the season were absolutely fantastic, so I can't complain.

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2016 at 11:40pm
I'm more talking about how he was in Dorne at one point and then later was back with Dany going to Westeros when he should have already been there. 
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 1:31am
But there's Dornish ships in the fleet too.

Also, who the hell is Jon Snow's father? Most think it's Rhaegar Targaryen, but I reckon it's Robert Baratheon. Any ideas?
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 1:35am
Oh, didn't see those when they focused on everyone who was there. I'll have to re-watch the end sequence I think. 

I think the episode confirmed that Rhaegar is the father though. 
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 1:49am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Oh, didn't see those when they focused on everyone who was there. I'll have to re-watch the end sequence I think. 

I think the episode confirmed that Rhaegar is the father though. 

Well, I THINK there were Dornish ships there. That's what I got from Varys suddenly popping up there again.

And why is Jon Snow's father confirmed as Rhaegon? Yes, he had kidnapped Lyanna, but she was betrothed to Robert Baratheon, who wasn't known for keeping it in his pants, and could well have knocked her up before the kidnapping.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 1:51am
GG2U

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 42>
  Share Topic