MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What TV shows are you watching right now?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 42>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 3:34pm

The End of the F**king World.

Very funny, very black, quite thought provoking.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 2:46pm
One thing I wish would appear on Netflix is season 3 of Z Nation. I've watched one and two on there and have season 4 recorded in full on our Sky box but have been unable to watch it due to not having seen season 3. 

Still, got Van Helsing back this month and iZombie next month and then Jessica Jones in March, so I'll be pretty sorted for new Netflix original/exclusive content for a while. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 2:39pm
^It´s damn funny. As as I said, much of the same humour yet dramatic.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 2:28pm
Orange is the New Black is good. Serious drama, yet comedic. I've watched all five seasons and am tempted to go through it all again before season 6 arrives. 

Weeds recently appeared in full on Netflix so I expect I'll be watching that at some point as well. Not only because it's by the same writer but I remember you posting good things about it a while back Jonas. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

He he, this one is pretty great:

Season 2 of this dropped on Netflix today. I'm looking forward to watching it. Season one was completely off the wall. 
Yeah unfortunately my wife doesn´t enjoy the craziness, so I´m moving in a slow pace watching this one. Love it though Tongue.

Me and my wife has just started watching Orange is the New Black...I like it so far, but I´m a fan of Weeds too, so it´s a bit Down the same road.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 4:10pm
^ If you're referring to History channel's airing that's actually season 4 part 2, though why they didn't just call that season 5 and the current one that's on Amazon Prime season 6 is beyond me. 

Since I'm on Prime I'm partway through the first part of the actual season 5. 
GG2U

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 3:49pm
Viking's is back tonight. Haven't seen this episode yet but thoroughly enjoyed the previous 4 seasons.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

I've seen the US schedule for when they come back and can't help but feel that they're really screwing up with the idea to bring Supergirl back for just four weeks then completely replace the show with Legends of Tomorrow until it finishes before finally finishing Supergirl. If they don't have the TV slots to return all four shows at once why not just get one show aired then show the other one? Why stick yet another break in it? Makes absolutely no sense. 

Okay, I've come to the conclusion that being idiotic with TV schedules is just a thing in the US now having just logged onto Amazon Prime to watch the new episode of Lucifer, which returned from mid-season break last week, only to find that it's already on a break again.

What the actual fuck is that about? I mean last week's episode was basically a standalone prequel to the whole series but it definitely wasn't marketed as such (at least here, where it was definitely episode 11 of season 3). 

Well I guess it's back to Dirk Gently, which I found out was cancelled before it had even aired worldwide which has put a real dampener on me enjoying the second season. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 4:29am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Season 2 of this dropped on Netflix today. I'm looking forward to watching it. Season one was completely off the wall. 
GG2U

DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 1:28pm
After finally watching the Arrow midseason finale (and regretting it), I can now say I'm in almost the exact opposite spot with the shows this year as I was at the end of last season. Arrow has now gone from first to absolute dead last, and after the shit show that was that fall finale, I don't see it recovering any time soon. It was almost every CW trope I hate thrown into a single episode: Betrayal? Check! Lame team in fighting for no reason? Check! Undoing a lot of what made the previous season so good? Check! The villains of the season escape because the team's too distracted with other crap? Check! Bringing back villains no one gives a damn about? CHECK! Like, holy crap was that ever a garbage episode!
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2017 at 1:30pm
I enjoyed the crossover a lot. I think what you say about Supergirl is the inherent problem with that show beginning on a different network and wasn't initially supposed to be anything to do with the Arrowverse. I was otherwise pleased by how better integrated its characters were though I'd have liked others from Earth-38 to have come over: Barry befriended both Winn and James in his first during Supergirl season 1.
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2017 at 1:24pm
Yeah, I guess it does make sense from that perspective.

Btw, did you end up liking the crossover? My only real complaint is that Supergirl felt disconnected from it, while all the other shows were effected by it quite a bit. Otherwise, though, I thought it was really good. I have to say, though, the Flash fall finale felt a little disappointing afterward, as it felt too soon for it to be going that dark again after the crossover (really, though, the crossover could have just been poorly timed) and while the twist was kinda interesting, I always hate when main characters get arrested, so I'm sure I won't care for the next episode. 

Supergirl's fall finale was cool, though I find it strange that Reign just suddenly got her powers and is already able to beat the living crap out of Kara like that.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2017 at 12:39pm
While it is pretty far-fetched, I actually find the toy more believable than Darkh as Odin. A talking toy is something from their future and so entirely outside their comprehension. Odin however is part of their heritage, so should not be so easily duped. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2017 at 12:13pm
^Yeah, but do you really think they would be fooled by a doll who can only make a handful of generic responses, either? The whole episode was silly, so it's best not to overthink it. My problem with the episode is it had such a silly main plot, yet tried to mix in some darker elements and it just didn't quite work for me. I get that they had to do something for the midseason finale, but then in that case, why have such a ridiculously over the top main plot for your fall finale in the first place? I actually found the Beebo stuff hilarious, but the Mallus stuff was lame and the ending was also pretty weak. 

I haven't gotten to see last week's Arrow yet, btw. Somehow, it never aired in Canada until last night, and site for the channel that airs it still doesn't have it up yet, which is weird. Hopefully I can see it before I totally forget about it.

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2017 at 12:38am
Just have one Arrow episode left to air tonight before the DC shows go on break.

I've seen the US schedule for when they come back and can't help but feel that they're really screwing up with the idea to bring Supergirl back for just four weeks then completely replace the show with Legends of Tomorrow until it finishes before finally finishing Supergirl. If they don't have the TV slots to return all four shows at once why not just get one show aired then show the other one? Why stick yet another break in it? Makes absolutely no sense. 

Speaking of Legends, there was a major plot hole in that last episode with the the vikings. There is absolutely no way that any vikings would have been fooled by Darkh posing as Odin because a viking would have known that Odin is supposed to only have one eye. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 3:12pm

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 4:03pm
Watched Part 1 and 2 of Crisis on Earth-X. The UK is not otherwise following the US schedule with them so I've only got one part tomorrow and then the last on Wednesday.

Part 1 and 2 were very good, despite some glaringly obvious continuity errors:

At one point Jax seems surprised that there is more than one Earth. How can he possibly not know that after last year's crossover at the very least?

It was established ages ago that Supergirl's Earth does not have the characters from Earth 1 and vice versa. At one point in this first half Harry basically says that every Earth has the same people, specifically saying that there are 53 Kara's. That means that Earth-1 must have a Kara. I suppose it might be plausible that it does and Krypton was not destroyed in that universe (so Kara never left) but how does that explain the absence of the usual characters on Earth-38?

In relation to the above, where the hell did Oliver get Kryptonite from to make those arrows? 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2017 at 11:26pm
I just finished the "Crisis On Earth X" event the Arrowverse shows had, and I have to say, it really delivered! I won't go into spoilers, but suffice to say it felt much more important than last year's big crossover, plus the villains were fun, it had a perfect mix of drama, comedy and action, and because Supergirl was fully a part of it this time, they had more time to deliver a full 4 part special where every episode was focused entirely on the ongoing plot, and that made a huge difference.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2017 at 12:22pm
Finished wathing Stranger Things, which me and my wife (and the kids too) found to be an excellent show. We´ll definitely be watching season 3 when it arrives.

Started watching "Better Call Saul"...
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2017 at 11:55am
I liked the flashback episode as well, especially since they managed to find two new actresses who believably looked like the main, older versions of their characters. 

Finished watching The Punisher on Netflix this morning, which I found an excellent series. 
GG2U

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 42>
  Share Topic