Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Copenhell 2016

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Copenhell 2016
    Posted: 10 Feb 2016 at 7:35am
Yep, it´s soon time again to attend the Copenhell festival: http://copenhell.dk/

The 2016 version of the festival includes quite a few interesting artists (check the lineup here http://copenhell.dk/line-up/. Not every artist is announced yet), and of course I´m going Big smile:

I´m personally looking forward to Black Sabbath, Megadeth, Alice Cooper, King Diamond (hell yeah...playing the full Abigail album Clap), Blind Guardian, Decapitated, Red Warszawa, Entombed A.D., Converge, Tribulation, and With the Dead. And as usual I´ll probably be positively surprised by some of the other artists when I see them performing onstage.

Hopefully a few more old school death metal bands will be announced. It´s the only thing I miss this year.

Edited by UMUR - 10 Feb 2016 at 7:41am
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2016 at 8:49am
What a great line up! If I lived nearer I'd be there.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2016 at 9:30am
It´ll be my 5th year at the festival, which has gotten better and better each year. The lineup is of course a bit up and Down, but of course they can´t only cater to my personal tastes (even though they should of course indulge the true metal king WinkLOL).

Edited by UMUR - 10 Feb 2016 at 9:31am
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2016 at 10:22am
Great lineup, I always get jealous of European countries because of all the metal fests that are over there. Here in the US the best I get are some great bands among some duds playing during a destruction derby. LOL
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2016 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

King Diamond (hell yeah...playing the full Abigail album Clap)

You jammy bloody git Jonas!! Well jealous!! Big smile
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2016 at 2:51pm
If you weren´t jealous, you would have bad taste in music LOL
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2016 at 4:09pm
I might go. Last year, I didn't feel like it. But I might go this year, if I have the time for it.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2016 at 2:05am
It´s become a tradition for me. It´ll be the 5th time I attend. I didn´t go the first two years of the festival´s existence and bitterly regret that now. It´s a really fine Little festival with around 10.000 - 15.000 people, which is many, but not too many. The toilet fascilities are OK, the food is alright, and there aren´t long lines to purchase beer Thumbs Up
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2016 at 2:24am
It is definitely what we call "hyggelig".
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2016 at 3:42am
Certainly is Big smile
Wyvern_13 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wyvern_13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2016 at 8:44am
I really want to go to Copenhell (it seems like a nice, cosy festival and its an excuse to visit Copenhagen. Also, I wont have to sleep in a tent) at some point but it probably wont be this year.
Þessi undirskrift kemur málinu bara alls ekkert við!
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2016 at 8:48am
^It´s possible to sleep in the tent camp, which I do, but the festival site is so close to the center of Copenhagen, that renting a hotel room or something like that isn´t an issue either (if you got the Money to buy). If you enjoy reefers the festival site is placed right next to Christiania, so that´s not exactly a minus either Big smile.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2016 at 6:34am

If you enjoy reefers the festival site is placed right next to Christiania, so that´s not exactly a minus either Big smile.

That is what Brutal Truth found out when they played Copenhell.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2016 at 8:30am
Originally posted by Time Signature Time Signature wrote:

If you enjoy reefers the festival site is placed right next to Christiania, so that´s not exactly a minus either Big smile.

That is what Brutal Truth found out when they played Copenhell.
Yeah I´m sure they loved that LOL
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2016 at 3:40am
Just home from 3 days of beer, beer, fun, great gigs, crazy hot weather, a Little rain, and more beer. Although I personally could have wished for more bands in the extreme end of the spectrum, it was a great festival overall.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2016 at 4:53am
Lucky man. The rest of us have had three days of work, rain and a country disintegrating before your eyes.

Festival sounds great. Some of my best memories have been of festivals. 
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2016 at 5:12am

Black Sabbath last night blew me away, but Alice Cooper, King Diamond, Decapitated, Entombed A.D. and Rival Sons, can also be mentioned among the highligts for me. Kadaver was also great, and of course Red Warscawa, but the latter is predominantly for drunk Danes, as they sing in our native language. I love that band, they are so primitive yet still hilariously funny Clap

The only band I had on my list, I didn´t get to see was the Scorpions. The rain was simply too heavy, so we retreated to the car, and had a party there instead LOL . I don´t enjoy missing one of the great giraffes I´d like to cross off my list of artists I have to see before I die LOL, but it was a damn flood.

Edited by UMUR - 26 Jun 2016 at 5:14am
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2016 at 12:17pm
I wish we had those kinds of festivals here. Need to move to Europe i guess! Sounds great. Glad you had an excellent time!
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2016 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by Bosh66 Bosh66 wrote:

Lucky man. The rest of us have had three days of work, rain and a country disintegrating before your eyes.

Festival sounds great. Some of my best memories have been of festivals. 

Are you not a fan of the Brexit? I have been reading all kinds of benefits of being independent. Guess no one will really know what to make of it until the dust settles
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2016 at 2:00pm
This is the second year in a row that I didn't go to Copenhell. Maybe next year.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic