MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1st day on MMA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grann73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1st day on MMA
    Posted: 30 Oct 2010 at 2:16pm
Hi

I just wanted to make a small introduction. I am a 37-year-old high school teacher from Denmark and I have been into heavy metal for many years.

I have been looking for a site like this and I am quite excited to have found MMA.

My favorite bands are; Mercenary, Raunchy, Fields of the Nephilim, Dark Tranquility, Threshold, Kamelot, Symphony X
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2010 at 2:36pm
Welcome Thomas. I think you are now Dane number 4 to introduce yourself. We�re a small colony these days. I hope you enjoy the site. About the site don�t get discouraged if you discover unfinished or faulty artist entries ( missing covers...etc). It�s still a new site and we are working hard to get all details fixed.

About your question how to write and post reviews, you just go to the individual album pages and near the bottom there�s a place to post the review. You have to rate the album ( with stars and half stars), before you are allowed to post the review. Most people I know save the review as a draft before posting it. This means you�ll be able to go back and make changes to the review later on.

Just a small tip! It�s usually a good idea to write your reviews in a text editor and then copy/ paste them to MMA. Many people have lost reviews because of various timeout errors ( or other errors) and that�s just devastating IMO.

Have fun and I hope to see you around the forum.
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2010 at 2:37pm
Velkommen til :-) The Danish cabal will rise again ;-)
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2010 at 2:50pm

Yeah and I noticed we have another teacher. Great to hear that the kids and the young have a chance to be inspired to listen to some metalSmile. I remember my music teacher in high school inspired me to listen to opera. It was shortlived, but the experience clings.

Edited by UMUR - 30 Oct 2010 at 2:50pm
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2010 at 2:54pm
More Danes, welcome to the merry group Clap
<- Click on this!
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2010 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by Grann73 Grann73 wrote:

Hi

I just wanted to make a small introduction. I am a 37-year-old high school teacher from Denmark and I have been into heavy metal for many years.

I have been looking for a site like this and I am quite excited to have found MMA.

My favorite bands are; Mercenary, Raunchy, Fields of the Nephilim, Dark Tranquility, Threshold, Kamelot, Symphony X

Welcome aboard! Smile

You'll be pleased to know that I've just added Fields of the Nephilim to Metal Music Archives. http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/fields-of-the-nephilim.aspx

Their discography will be added and cleaned up over the next few days.  The other collaborators and I have a lengthy list of bands that still need to be added, so if you ever want to bring some bands to our attention (that aren't on MMA), feel free to start a thread in the following section: http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=1
Vehemency View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vehemency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2010 at 3:52am
Welcome! Smile I hope you enjoy the site even with all its current errors and shortages, this is being fixed all the time. I liked your first review, short and well written - the way I like it. I prefer that kind of reviews to track-by-track novel-size walls of texts, heh.
Grann73 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grann73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2010 at 4:03am
Hi

Thanks again for the warm welcome, the tips and the comment on my first review. I have always enjoyed reading reviews and I'm looking forward to trying my hand at writing reviews myself, as well as being introduced to new and exciting bands.

Have a nice day

Grann
Metalbaswee View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metalbaswee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2010 at 10:57am
Welcome to MMA Grann. Have a evil stay!

Stephen View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2010 at 5:35am
welcome aboard brother :)
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2010 at 6:22am
Welcome to the site!
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2010 at 11:29am
Welcome to MMA! Reviewing is one of my favorite activities around here, so I look forward to reading some of your own. Smile

Cheers, and have fun on the site!
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
progshine View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2010 at 8:42pm
Welcome Thomas and Brian

Approve

Edited by progshine - 05 Nov 2010 at 8:43pm
Testing 1...2...3..
RAY, IT'S NOT WORKING!

www.progshine.net

Your resource of Prog Rock with weekly Podcasts, reviews, interviews and many more.
Bathoric95 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bathoric95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2010 at 11:24am
Wish my teachers listened to metal ^_^
Well welcome from one newb to another.
"Who ever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool, or a coward. Who ever can not take care of himself without that law is both." Omerta.
AtomicCrimsonRush View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtomicCrimsonRush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2010 at 7:00am
Another teacher here like me - I teach College and prog metal is my thing, Dream Theater, Devin Townsend, Opeth, lots of bands like that.... Nice to see you here fellow teacher.
GLAM METAL!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic