Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where do you buy your music from?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 5:01am
I'm starting to consider just cancelling this year's Spectral Lore album. Amazon has been a total shit show with it. I've had it on order since March 9th. They said they'd have it to me by April 2nd. I didn't expect it then since I knew it wasn't actually released until April 23rd, but it's now June 2nd and it's still an absolute no show. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 3:17pm
^ I've had problems like that with Amazon myself. They finally told me after a year that they couldn't get it! Given up on it a long time before that of course.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 3:54pm
Yeah and I expect that's what they'll do with this.

At this point I wonder if they are even making any effort to acquire it. 

The annoying thing is that it's sitting in stock direct from the label, so it's not as if its sold out at source. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2021 at 11:19am
Amazon fucking up again.

Had some blu-rays arrive yesterday. One smashed. 

Replaced the one which came today. Also smashed. 

AngryAngryAngryAngryAngry
GG2U

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2021 at 1:58pm
Was it their typical card envelope with no padding?
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2021 at 4:21pm
Yep. 

And I find out they won't replace an item more than once. So I'm either stuck with it or return and wait for a refund in 5-7 days upon receipt of return. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2021 at 9:10am
Another Amazon shitshow today:

• Delivery driver doesn't even knock (that I heard from my room, and my room is right above the front door)
  • Package gets left in plain sight on the doorstep.
  • Delivery driver marks parcel as being 'handed to resident'.
If I hadn't been online at the time and saw the delivery confirmation email relatively quickly I wouldn't have known the package was there and anything could have happened to it.

Amazon's answer is that I didn't specify a 'safe space' in the event that I don't answer the door. 

Ignoring the fact that it's pretty hard to answer the door at the right moment if the driver doesn't knock, the package could have easily fit through the letterbox, just like countless packages before it have. 
GG2U

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 8:47am
I've had Amazon packages left at the front door. We have a big bush that blocks direct view of it from some angles but can still be seen from the road at one spot. I'm waiting for the day when I get home and it's gone. 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2021 at 2:05am
So apparently Amazon no longer delivers to my address. Went to pre-order the new Star One album and got told they don't deliver to Essex. Tried with multiple other items including books and blu-rays, same thing. 
GG2U

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2021 at 2:45pm
^ Very strange. Must be a glitch surely?

I read a while ago that as from January they aren't taking visa credit card payments but not sure what the latest is on that. Clealry wanted to get Xmas out the way before dropping that one on people and risk losing sales. Might have to think about buying elsewhere with all my music purchases.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2021 at 4:48pm
I was on live chat with them for a whole hour this afternoon trying to get it sorted. Got passed between to not one, not two but SEVEN different representatives before I could finally get one to escalate it higher up the chain. I've now got to wait 48 hours before trying again. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 8:21am
Amazon have always been overkill on packaging size choices but this is ridiculous. 

GG2U

Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 2:42pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2022 at 4:04pm
Not sure when it happened but looks like Dodax is no more. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2022 at 3:58am
Amazon UK, letting me down on a hotly anticipated pre-order, yet again.

GG2U

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2022 at 3:28pm
So Amazon have a pre-order price of the new Metallica album of £44. Fuck that, I'll never pay such a ridiculous amount for an album no matter how good.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2023 at 2:02pm
Amazon being totally shit again. had the new Incantation album on order on vinyl since 4th Aug. it was released 25th Aug and they still haven't got it in stock 6 weeks later. Tempted to cancel it but the price promise guarantee was as low as £17 so will have to pay more if i do. 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2023 at 2:16pm
Not music but Amazon majorly fucked up our standing order for cat food this week. We get two boxes of 40 pouches of Whiskas delivered on the Subscribe & Save rate every four weeks. This time though, our order somehow ended up going to the wrong end of the country (we're in Essex and it ended up in Scotland) where it completely vanished from the tracking system. And apparently replacement shipments are 'not an option'. 

Needless to say, we no long have a Subscribe & Save order with Amazon. Nice work guys!
GG2U

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2023 at 8:31am
Ridiculous that replacements aren't an option. Hope you got a refund. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic