Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where do you buy your music from?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 2:37pm
Haven't looked at their music stock too much but I ordered some blu-rays from HMV yesterday. Already arrived this morning. Well impressed. And I didn't pay for fast delivery. 

Meanwhile it's half nine at night and still waiting on a Prime delivery of an Xmas gift for my Mum that was supposed to arrive today. Confused
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 12:13pm
Fucking Dodax has let me down again. Bought my Dad a CD for his birthday. Two days to go and they have not even sent it yet. Apparently it wasn't actually in stock when they stated it was. I've managed to re-order the CD through Prime for tomorrow (they did not have it when I originally bought it or would have gone there in the first place) and am now trying to cancel the Dodax order. Why does Dodas have no option on their site to facilitate a cancellation? I've both emailed them and opened up a PayPal dispute over it. 
GG2U

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 2:14pm
You don't have much luck with Dodax do you? They do take a long time to deliver for sure but I've never had an order with them that didn't turn up in the end. They've actually got a little faster since they had that trouble 2 or 3 years back. Shit, just a quick check of my account and I'd ordered 40 albums from them last year. Didn't realize it was that many. Got them all anyway.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 3:37am
They've currently cancelled the order and not issued a refund for it now. 
GG2U

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2020 at 5:09pm
Shows how bad things are in these covid 19 days when you can order an album off Dodax and you get it quicker than if you ordered from Amazon.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 1:20am
Even Prime delivery has become really random since this broke out. I've had a few things from Amazon lately. My Vengeance Trilogy boxset and a few books. 

The boxset was ordered on April 10th and came on April 15th. 

Two Brandon Sanderson books were ordered on the 15th and are coming today. So five days seems to be the normal for Prime now.

But I also ordered a book for my mother's birthday on the 16th and that came on the 17th. Must have been in a different warehouse but was originally scheduled for tomorrow, so I don't know why that was given sudden priority. 

Stuff I've had from ebay has been a bit slower in some cases, normal in others. It probably depends on which distribution and sorting centres packages have to pass through. Waiting on some other Sanderson books from ebay sellers. Ones I got later have arrived quicker than ones I got first. Hoping the longest outstanding one comes today as its the next one to read and I've been whizzing through book 3. 

I also have a package from Arrow Video on the way via Hermes (one of two but the second hasn't been sent yet). Tracking hasn't updated since the 16th though. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by Nightfly Nightfly wrote:

Shows how bad things are in these covid 19 days when you can order an album off Dodax and you get it quicker than if you ordered from Amazon.

You using Dodax much lately Paul? I ordered a few from them recently and they haven't sent one yet. Oldest one's from last Wednesday. First order since 2018 so I can't remember if this is normal speed to even be sent. 
GG2U

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 6:50am
^ Yes Adam, had a few off them recently and a couple I'm waiting for. It's the usual 3 week wait from date of order. I generally find that I get an email after about 2 weeks saying it's on the way and it turns up a week after that give or take. 

I ordered a CD from Hells Headbangers in the USA recently and got an email saying it was dispatched on 18th May. Still hasn't turned up. Contacted them last week and they said orders were taking way longer at the moment. Normally I only order from the USA if I can't get it nearer as was the case this time. Wish I hadn't bothered as Amazon have it in now and could have had it a while ago. 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 9:15am
That's reassuring. I don't mind waiting because their prices are still better than anyone else. Have quite a big haul coming my way from them, though ordered at different times. Both metal and prog:

The Neal Morse Band - The Grand Experiment
Spock's Beard - The Light, Brief Nocturns and Dreamless Sleep & The Oblivion Particle
Cruachan - Nine Years of Blood
Seven Kingdoms - Decennium
Kreator - Terrible Certainty

Highest paid for £9 for Cruachan which is the cheapest I'd seen their latest which I've wanted to get for a while. 
GG2U

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 4:04pm
That's why I use them, they're often the cheapest. Just had an email off them tonight actually saying an order I placed on the 22nd is on the way so will probably be a bit quicker than normal.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 2:05am
Just added the second Arch/Matheos to that haul for just £5.21. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 1:06pm
Just noticed they've sent my order from June 27th but not the one from June 24th. Ermm
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 2:36am
Dodax have mostly been good in this run.

But the very first item I bought in this batch hasn't arrived.

And they're fobbing me off with excuses on it. Angry

As usual, the Covid-19 excuse at that. As if this fucking virus wasn't bad enough on its own, it's providing a convenient excuse for poor service. 

Yet everything else ordered from them after the first one is getting through OK. Usually between 6 - 8 days from dispatch. The missing item has had almost two weeks and is a no show. This is already over a week after their listed delivery date. They fobbed me off saying give it an extra week from that date. It had already had that by the time I chased it with them. 
GG2U

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 4:01pm
^ My orders from dodax have been pretty much arriving in the usual 3 weeks and none gone missing. The same can't be said for Hell's Headbangers though. Ordered a Cianide re-issue back in May and dispatched on the 18th according to the email. I contacted them 4 weeks later and they replied saying everything was taking way longer at the moment. Sat on it for another month and contacted them again but no reply. After so much time realised I'd passed the 45 day deadline to involve Paypal so looks like I'm going to have to write that off as a lost order. Can't see it turning up now. I don't doubt they sent it but won't be ordering from them again.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 4:15pm
^ PayPal has a 180 day deadline, Paul. Not 45. 

GG2U

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 11:44am
^ Oh right, thanks Adam.

Just contacted them again. If I don't get a reply this time next stop is a Paypal case.

Edited by Nightfly - 31 Jul 2020 at 3:40pm
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 3:59pm
^^ Contacted them again and got a reply this time. They're going to send another one so hopefully have it in  2 - 3 weeks.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 3:11pm
Bloody Amazon! Not the first time this has happened. Some fuckwit has sent me a vinyl LP packed in a brown paper bag. Needless to say the cover was bent to fuck when it arrived so back it goes. Three times this has happened and each time I've had to send it back. I can't be the only one this is happening to so surely they must have got the message by now. Vinyl and LP covers are delicate, pack them properly, it's not rocket science!
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 3:47pm
That's ridiculous on items that could break or damage easily. Amazon has some really odd choices of packaging in general for anything though. Have I ever mentioned the gel wrist rest I use for my keyboard? It's the length of a standard keyboard, about 8cm wide and 3cm tall. They sent it in a box longer than my whole PC is tall and almost as wide (and that's the side length, not the front). I'm sure they just throw things in the first big enough packaging that comes to hand. 
GG2U

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 4:12pm
^ I know, no logic whatsoever. Basically I think the staff are that badly paid and have to pack so fast they don't give a shit. I once ordered a pair of drumsticks - just wanted one pair to try them before buying in bulk if I liked them. They sent them in a box about the size of a Monopoly board game but 3 times the depth and stuffed with loads of brown paper so they didn't rattle about.

A Mastodon vinyl LP I ordered a few year's back just came with the delivery label stuck to the cellophane wrapping with no other packaging whatsoever! That was another one that got sent back after arriving bent. 

Edited by Nightfly - 07 Aug 2020 at 4:15pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
  Share Topic