Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where do you buy your music from?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 2:24pm
I pre-ordered the limited edition CD version of the new Morbid Angel from Dodax in November (released 1st Dec) and they haven't even posted it yet. Presumably they're having trouble getting it but it's surprising for a new release. Don't suppose I'll get it this side of Christmas now.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 2:59pm
I'd chase that up with them. They should at least give you an update on what's happening with the order.

Dodax came through on everything I ordered from them recently, though they did display a habit of not fulfilling orders in order, so I got stuff ordered over the course of two three days over the space of nine days, with the first CD I ordered coming in last. I presume this may be something to do with having (I presume) multiple warehouses.
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 6:40am
^ Yep, was going to contact them today about it.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 1:03pm
Amazon have fucked up again. Ordered the Power Trip album on vinyl 31st Dec and when it finally arrived today after a long wait it was the wrong album - they sent me something by someone called Mulato Astatke! No doubt I'll end up waiting another 3 or 4 weeks now. 

It was only 2 weeks ago they sent me the wrong drumsticks.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 1:14pm
You certainly seem to have bad luck when it comes to Amazon, Paul. 

In all my years shopping online I've had a few things lost in the post (usually from 3rd party sellers), a couple of instances where the seller turned out to be a conning bastard, but only one time did I actually receive an outright incorrect delivery. That was years back from HMV, before they nearly went bust even. Can't remember what I was meant to receive now except that it was my Dad's birthday present. They sent me some compilation of Dance music instead. 

Edited by adg211288 - 08 Feb 2018 at 1:16pm
GG2U

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 2:24pm
It's all the more frustrating that it took them so long to send it in the first place. They don't seem to keep regular stock of it so god knows when I'll finally get it.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 6:38am
Don't know what's going on with Dodax lately, I suspect they may be the verge of going bust. I've had 2 order issues with them lately, one through Amazon where I had to go to Amazon to get my money back and another through their own website which I ordered on 2nd June and still hasn't arrived (marked as in progress). In both cases they ignored my messages to them. They've had a load of 1* reviews on Amazon too.

They take forever to deliver but have always been good on price but I'm not ordering anything else until I see some proof that they're fullfilling orders.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 6:54am
^ A shame, I had several bargains from them around Xmas time. There's several reviews on Trustpilot that confirm they have gone into administration. This happened to another website (I presume) that I used to use (or it may have been an Amazon seller, don't recall) and it looks like the same deal: they keep taking your orders and money, with no intention of fulfilling them. 

If you paid through PayPal on their website you can open a dispute there to get your money back. 
GG2U

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 8:38am
^ Ah right, that explains it then, i suspected as much.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 12:39am
Not sure what's up with Prime right now. Got a CD album pre-ordered that is out today yet apparently it is not arriving until Tuesday, yet it clearly says on the item page that it is both in stock and can be delivered on next day delivery on Prime if bought now it's released. Not impressed. 
GG2U

Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 12:51am
Dodax is the one that’s driving me daft. Orders are taking three weeks these days.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 3:43pm
^ Dodax seem to have recovered from their problems earlier this year, at least to an extent. After seemingly going into administration earlier this year and the last couple of orders i placed around June time taking forever I gave up on them. I didn't really expect them to be trading anymore but gave them a go again with a cheap-ish CD (Marduk) to test them out and it came in about 10 days. Just had an LP arrive in a similar time which is quicker than they ever were in my experience.

Hopefully they're back as their prices are much better than Amazon usually.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 9:48am
I was surprised to see that Dodax was still around actually and with a revamped website to boot. Will have to have a look at them again. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 11:30am
Just made a Dodax order. Let's see how long it takes. They say up to December 4th. 
GG2U

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 10:55am
^ The Nothgard LP I ordered on the 11th arrived Monday 19th, quick by the old Dodax standard.
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2018 at 8:07am
Is Dodax a UK thing? Looks like the prices are higher than what i'm used to.

Does anyone know any killer sites that specialize in metal only?
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2018 at 8:12am
They have sites for many countries, but I think they're a Swiss company. The UK sites does tend to be a bit cheaper than Amazon for many CDs.
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2018 at 10:53am
Originally posted by Nightfly Nightfly wrote:

^ The Nothgard LP I ordered on the 11th arrived Monday 19th, quick by the old Dodax standard.

Nice to hear, though still waiting for dispatch after three days here so far. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2018 at 2:07am
Not impressed by Dodax so far. Ordered on November 21st - still not even dispatched. 
GG2U

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2018 at 8:15am
I ordered the new Terrorizer album on the 23rd and it's marked as completed today. Haven't checked since Tuesday so could have been earlier.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
  Share Topic