Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Top 10s and lists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Upcoming Albums Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 38>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 1:20am
Myrkur:
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 1:25am
^I hope she includes some nyckelharpa on there, as I loved that song she recently released. It would also be great hearing that instrument in a black metal context.
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 4:06am
First new Myrkur song.

GG2U

Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 2:03pm
^Great song, looking forward to hearing the rest.

And both Exarsis and KMFDM have new albums coming out as well:

Edited by Unitron - 29 Jun 2017 at 2:04pm
DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 2:26pm
Yeah, that Myrkur song is amazing! I think it's safe to say album will be getting blasted to hell on RYM, but will likely get great ratings here, just like her last one, lol!
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 2:56pm
Looking forward to the new Myrkur on the strength of that track.
Jbird View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 11:40am
The 2nd Anthriel album is being released this Friday, 07 July Clap

It's only been seven years since their stellar debut album came out. If you love Symphony X like I do, Anthriel is one of those bands that truly does a very good job at sounding like Symphony X, but with their own style.

Somebody uploaded all of the songs for the new album on youtube (I would hate that if I were in a band, having everything from my new album up on youtube before it's even released) and I listened to a bunch of it and am definitely ordering it. Sounds great!

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 11:46am
Originally posted by Jbird Jbird wrote:

The 2nd Anthriel album is being released this Friday, 07 July Clap

Somebody uploaded all of the songs for the new album on youtube (I would hate that if I were in a band, having everything from my new album up on youtube before it's even released)

It came out on June 15th.

Edited by adg211288 - 02 Jul 2017 at 11:46am
GG2U

Jbird View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 12:02pm
Hmm, amazon says it will be released on July 7th.

Is that 15 June date just for European release?

Speaking of releases and amazon, I ordered the new Avatarium album thru them a day or so before it was released. Then I got an email from amazon saying they couldn't get the album until sometime in August, so I still haven't received it yet. Makes me wonder if the release date they originally reported for pre-orders was also European release only *shrug
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by Jbird Jbird wrote:

Hmm, amazon says it will be released on July 7th.

Is that 15 June date just for European release?

I was able to listen to the album on Spotify on the 15th, and I would think it would be blocked from listening in the US if that was only the European release date.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 1:34pm
^Maybe it's July 7th for physical and June 15th for digital? Either way, yeah, I heard it on Spotify right on the 15th as well and I'm in Canada, so it's definitely not just a regional release.
Jbird View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 1:38pm
That could very well be, Dippo.

I only buy cds, I don't do the digital downloads.

Edited by Jbird - 02 Jul 2017 at 1:38pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 1:45pm
Amazon releases dates are often wrong or simply pushed back to for no obvious reason. I can confirm the UK site also says July 7th for this album. 

They messed me around on my pre-order on Panopticon's Kentucky reissue like this, stating it was released on June 2nd and promising delivery by June 5th, which was changed at the last second on June 4th to a very vague June 16th - July 1st estimation. 

I found out at this point that it was not released until June 16th anywhere in the world, at least on CD.

However they also failed to fulfil the order by the true release date, switching the estimate to a firm July 1st and after emailing them about it I ended up cancelling with them. The highly irritating irony is that even though my replacement order with another company got shipped the same day I still don't have it and now Amazon has it in stock when they said they couldn't get it. Angry
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 11:41am

I was concerned about the lineup change, but now I'm not. Still sounds close to the original Evocation, which is good.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 11:57am
GG2U

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 1:30pm
^ I'll look forward to that one.
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 7:12am
beyond creation and fueled by fire new new albums badly mostly beyond creation though
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 12:18pm

I actually like this, despite not caring for their last album.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 12:24pm
Their last album is my favourite from them and this sounds just as good and perhaps even better.
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 12:29pm
I'm listening to songs from their last album now and liking it all of a sudden. I think the vocals suddenly just clicked for me, where before I was struggling with them. Odd how that can randomly happen sometimes (also happened with the Seven kingdoms debut recently, and now I love that album almost as much as their second and far more than their two newest.)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 38>
  Share Topic