Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Blogs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Top 5: Bands

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Error & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martindavey87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Top 5: Bands
    Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 8:43am
So I've finally joined millions around the world and started a blog! I'm new to blogging, so I've kept my first post relatively simple and basic! Just an introductory-type of blog, but it's my top five bands. What do ya'll think?

http://wp.me/p6FXgz-9
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 9:15am
I used to have a CD shelf like that. It looked pretty cool...but unfortunately the wife didnĀ“t think so. They are now hidden away in a huge drawer LOL. My vinyl Collection is still visible in our living room though Clap.

Nice Little blog btw. Interesting to see Stuck Mojo on the list. Not exactly in the same genre as the other four...
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 12:44pm
I would love to have a big shelf like that, but unfortunately all I've been using is stacking CD's in a couple small shelves I have and stacking them on one of my bookshelves. Then I have all my vinyls taking up a quarter of another bookshelf. Nice blog. Clap

Edited by Unitron - 30 Sep 2015 at 12:45pm
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 4:59pm
Good list - I think Symphony X would make my top 5 too.
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 7:08pm
Nice list. love that cd shelf. i got my 200 plus cds on a small book case and 2 other empty spots to put more.

my vinyls are in my closet in a box a plastic tub and on the floor in a row
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2015 at 12:56am
I have shelves like that too, except not near so tidy... I also have CDs all over my desk, two bins full of records beside me at my feet, two DVD shelves full of equal numbers of PlayStation games and mostly music DVDs, and dwindling numbers of books, since I got an e-reader.

Interesting list. The power and the prog. Erm, and Stuck Mojo! I always liked the way Stuck Mojo put their musical influences together more than any other band which combined rap/hip hop and metal. Should have been much bigger, but they were probably a bit too heavy and uncompromising to gain the real mainstream notice.
martindavey87 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Error & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martindavey87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2015 at 5:43am
Thanks for the kind words guys! Since a few of you mentioned the CD shelving...

Sadly, both of those shelves are long gone. Now they're all stored in boxes at my Mum's house. :(
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Error & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martindavey87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2015 at 5:45am
Originally posted by Vim Fuego Vim Fuego wrote:

Interesting list. The power and the prog. Erm, and Stuck Mojo! I always liked the way Stuck Mojo put their musical influences together more than any other band which combined rap/hip hop and metal. Should have been much bigger, but they were probably a bit too heavy and uncompromising to gain the real mainstream notice.

They were definitely on their way up in the 90's (one of their albums went multi-platinum), if they'd kept their shit together when nu metal was big, I reckon they'd have really done well. Just didn't happen though. Ouch
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2015 at 5:59am
Originally posted by martindavey87 martindavey87 wrote:

Originally posted by Vim Fuego Vim Fuego wrote:

They were definitely on their way up in the 90's (one of their albums went multi-platinum), if they'd kept their shit together when nu metal was big, I reckon they'd have really done well. Just didn't happen though. Ouch

Bonz fucked up on drugs as far as I remember, which was probably a show stopper too.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Error & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martindavey87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2015 at 6:07pm
Thankfully, he's clean now (I think) and their live shows look better than ever! Although, they've only done two or three, but they're working on a new album now!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image