MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Metal Up Your Ass and all that Jazz Room V2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 328>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Vehemency View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vehemency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 3:37pm
Didn't know Conan is back, this is great news.

My frustration goes like this: fuck the weather! No fun to have an open air job when there's a snowstorm... I hope it's gone by tomorrow so I can finish things safe and sound and can get in time to see Katatonia.
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by Pekka Pekka wrote:

Too bad Conan's not showing here, yet at least... I used to be a big fan of his Late Night show during the first half of the last decade, but I rarely watched him in the last five years or so. I started to like sleeping more.

I agree with the sleeping part.  I'm probably only going to watch this first bunch for now, but stay alert on who will be appearing as guests. 

I think it started with when Conan had the Tonight Show, but he brought back Andy Richter to act as announcer/sidekick.  I've got to say Andy isn't as funny as he used to be.

Edited by Stooge - 09 Nov 2010 at 7:28pm
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 11:49pm
I think I watched two or three of the first Tonight Shows as I was on holiday, and it wasn't that much fun. Some of Conan's mannerisms had gotten really old, or perhaps I'd just grown out of them in my years of not seeing the show. But he's a hilarious man, especially with a good guest like my favourite Late Night guest Jeff Goldblum.
<- Click on this!
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2010 at 5:45am
does anyone here know of any metal that are influenced by the fantasy epic series the Wheel of Times
it is my favourite series and I wonder if  their is bands or songs that have used ispiration from  tWoT ; as a source to their sound or lyrics
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2010 at 5:46am
by the way my nick and avatar is based ot a chracter from the Wheel of Time
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2010 at 7:02am
I don't know any bands or read the series, but every time I see the books in the library I curse the fact that they've started using those lousy computer generated cover images for the newer volumes instead of the cool paintings they used to have.
<- Click on this!
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2010 at 8:51am
  • The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.
    rushfan4 View Drop Down
    MMA Special Collaborator
    MMA Special Collaborator
    Errors and Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2010 at 12:47pm
    Robert Berry created a disc on Magna Carta Records that was based on the Wheel of Time series.  It is progressive rock and not metal, but you might enjoy it.

UMUR View Drop Down
    MMA Special Collaborator
    MMA Special Collaborator
    Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2010 at 1:45pm
    Damn my football team just lost 3 - 0 and we�re out of the Danish Cup. We were among the last 8 teams so it�s a bitter defeat.Cry

We have a match against the local rivals from FC Nordsj�lland coming up on Sunday. They�ve never beaten us, so maybe we�ll get lucky there. My wife is working this weekend so I probably won�t have time to go to the match myself if I can�t find a babysitter for the kids.
    rushfan4 View Drop Down
    MMA Special Collaborator
    MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2010 at 1:56pm
    Sorry to hear that.  How does that work, that they are out of the running for the Danish Cup and yet they are still playing on Sunday? 
    UMUR View Drop Down
    MMA Special Collaborator
    MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2010 at 2:40pm
    It�s two seperate tournaments. The Cup is where all Danish teams ( also from lower leagues) participate. It�s a knockout tournament. If you lose a game you�re out. The winner will not only win a trophy but also qualify directly for Euro league which is quite a big economic boost.

The more "regular" tournament is for the Danish Championship and is played over 33 rounds ( 12 teams playing against each other 3 times) from August to June. 3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw and zero for a lost game. The two teams that end last in the league after 33 rounds are relegated to the second best league in Denmark, which results in quite fatal economic consequences for most clubs. Right now as far as I recall it�s the three or four best teams in the league that qualify for European Football. The league winner qualifies for Champions League while the rest qualifies for Euro League.

The threat of relegation really keeps the clubs and the players on their toes and I think it makes for some really entertaining matches both when playing against relegation and when playing for places in the big European contests. There�s a lot at stake.

Edited by UMUR - 11 Nov 2010 at 2:44pm
    rushfan4 View Drop Down
    MMA Special Collaborator
    MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2010 at 2:48pm
    That sounds complicated. 
    UMUR View Drop Down
    MMA Special Collaborator
    MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2010 at 3:07pm
    Yeah it also took me a while to get into. I wasn�t interested in sports at all before I was in my early twenties. Until then I had never seen a football match live on the stadium. All my energy while I was in my teens went into writing and playing music, going to concerts, drinking lots of beer and the occassional school workSmile. in fact I despised the idiots that would spend time watching sports. What a waste of time is what I thought back then. The drummer I used to play with, who was also a very good friend of mine back from my childhood, was so much into football that he simply didn�t show up at rehearsals when the Danish National Team played one of their matches, which to me and the rest of the band was an unforgivable sinLOL. I guess I would be the unforgivable sinner todayBig smile. Naahh come to think of it, I still think I would chose playing with my band over a football match any day. That�s if I had a functional band these days. I have a melodic/ proggy rock project going on and have had for the last 10 years or more, but family and work is a very disturbing factor. My rock star dreams will have to wait until I get old.
    rushfan4 View Drop Down
    MMA Special Collaborator
    MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2010 at 3:25pm
    I've always been a sports junkie, but I am typically American in not having ever been a soccer (European football) fan.  Although I do watch matches from time to time, and quite enjoyed indoor soccer when there was a team here in the area.  

Vehemency View Drop Down
    MMA Special Collaborator
    MMA Special Collaborator
    Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vehemency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2010 at 4:15am
    8000 bands in the database, looking good!
    UMUR View Drop Down
    MMA Special Collaborator
    MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2010 at 4:49am
    YeahClap
    Metalbaswee View Drop Down
    MMA Special Collaborator
    MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metalbaswee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2010 at 4:59am
    Originally posted by Vehemency Vehemency wrote:

Yeah! Which also means i still have a shit load of mp3's to upload.

Stooge View Drop Down
    MMA Special Collaborator
    MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2010 at 10:10am
    Originally posted by Vehemency Vehemency wrote:

Thumbs Up

The Canadian Football League playoffs start today!  The Toronto Argonauts will be in Hamilton to play the Tiger-Cats, and the BC Lions play the Saskatchewan Roughriders in Saskatoon.  The East and West division champs, Montreal and Calgary, meet the winners of each of these games next week.

The Argos haven't beat Hamilton all year (except for during preseason), so I'm expecting they will lose.  But anything can happen in the playoffs (hopefully!).

Pekka View Drop Down
    MMA Special Collaborator
    MMA Special Collaborator
    Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2010 at 4:31pm
    Midlake was brilliant Heart

I was away for the weekend visiting grandparents, brothers, cousins and whatnot, hope I didn't miss much around here.
    <- Click on this!
    Stooge View Drop Down
    MMA Special Collaborator
    MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2010 at 7:07pm
    Some great football games in Canada tonight!

The Toronto Argonauts won a close defensive battle over the Hamilton Tiger Cats 16-13.  Toronto plays against Montreal next week.  Toronto played to their strengths today, going with a shorter passing attack and giving running back Cory Boyd plenty of touches.

The Saskatchewan Roughriders beat the B.C. Lions 41-38 in double overtime.  Saskatchewan plays against Calgary next week.  B.C.'s quarterback, Travis Lulay, played a great game.

Edited by Stooge - 14 Nov 2010 at 7:08pm
     Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 328>
      Share Topic