MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Metal Up Your Ass and all that Jazz Room V2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 321322323324325 328>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2023 at 10:15am
So I´m going to this show tonight:

Unearth + Misery Index + Year Of The Knife

I´m predominantly going to see Misery Index, but it´s always interesting to go to a show, when you don´t know a single song by the main act. Maybe I´ll like it, maybe I´ll hate it and leave after a couple of songs...we´ll see what happens.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2023 at 2:14am
Unearth are pretty fucking good from all I've heard of them. Hope you stayed for their performance.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2023 at 8:57am
Yup stayed for Unearth, and they were definitely a great live act (which kind of saved the night for us). Misery Index was a disappointment. Pretty boring and the sound a little murky. Year of the Knife!!! eh...the instrumental part was decent enough, but it took me half a song to get extremely annoyed about the girl screaming her lungs out fronting the band. Leach...pretty standard fare Swedish death´n´roll. I won´t bother with them again.
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2023 at 5:53pm
I think I had an Unearth album way back in high school... never listened to it much
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2023 at 2:42pm
One of my friends showed me a song by Lorna Shore and, despite being a deathcore band, I was highly impressed! Might have to explore more of their music.

Edited by Psydye - 29 Apr 2023 at 2:42pm
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2023 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by Psydye Psydye wrote:

One of my friends showed me a song by Lorna Shore and, despite being a deathcore band, I was highly impressed! Might have to explore more of their music.

Try the Pain Remains album. I was also a bit sceptical but really enjoyed it.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2023 at 2:28pm
Just got tickets for Judas Priest, Saxon and Uriah Heep at Leeds. Should be good!
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2023 at 1:31am
Originally posted by Bosh66 Bosh66 wrote:

Just got tickets for Judas Priest, Saxon and Uriah Heep at Leeds. Should be good!

Sounds like a very old school gig...what´s not to like Thumbs Up
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2023 at 4:26am

Fancy that myself.
BitterJalapeno View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Grunge/Post-grunge & Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BitterJalapeno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2023 at 3:46pm
Grabbed tickets for Carcass later in the month. Should be a good night as Conjurer are supporting.
Star baby, did you deep fry a piece of the Great Barrier Reef?
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2023 at 12:10am
Originally posted by BitterJalapeno BitterJalapeno wrote:

Grabbed tickets for Carcass later in the month. Should be a good night as Conjurer are supporting.

I saw Carcass last year, and it´s the best concert I´ve seen with them. I saw them when they toured for Heartwork, which left me unimpressed, and again on Copenhell a few years ago, which didn´t make much of an impression either, but as mentioned the last concert was pretty good. They aren´t the most "entertaining" band live, but they sure can play, and they have so many great songs to pick from.

Edited by UMUR - 07 May 2023 at 12:11am
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2023 at 12:15am
I´m going to see Corrosion of Conformity tomorrow, which should be a blast. I´ve seen them a couple of times before, and liked their shows. Also my mate convinced me to take the day off  tuesday, so we might drink a few draft beers which is always a joy too.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2023 at 7:39am
Beer is always a joy 😁 Never seen COC but would love to.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2023 at 10:39am

They´re such an organic sounding band, and they look so comfortable on a stage plus of course Pepper is a very charismatic frontman.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2023 at 12:51am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

They´re such an organic sounding band, and they look so comfortable on a stage plus of course Pepper is a very charismatic frontman.

As predicted it was a great show. Super organic, heavy, and sweaty stoner rock/metal. Also as predicted I got real drunk, and someone threatened to beat me up, because I accidentially stepped on his foot. Such a tool...

Without knowing it we ended the night on a gay bar. That was pretty entertaining too.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 12:04pm
Got tickets for Napalm Death and Wormrot for me and the stepson for September! Should be fucking brilliant!
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 12:55pm
^Clap
I´m seeing Napalm Death next week on the Copenhell Festival. https://www.copenhell.dk/en

Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2023 at 11:06am
Maiden tonight
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2023 at 2:57pm
I´ve only ever seen Maiden twice, which is pretty remarkable considering that I´ve listened to Maiden since I was 11/12 years old (back when Seventh Son...was their latest album, but it wasn´t until 2014 I got to see them the first time. Second time was last year.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2023 at 5:04pm
Honestly no other band can touch them live. Bruce still hits all the highs. Lord of the Lost as support was pretty good.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 321322323324325 328>
  Share Topic