MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Metal Up Your Ass and all that Jazz Room V2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 313314315316317 328>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2021 at 8:42am
Sounds nasty Jonas, hope you soon recover.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 9:33am
Well I´ve been feeling slightly better today, but it´s probably because of the prednisolon drug I was perscribed. It´s said to have an almost amphetamine like effect on some people, and it sure as hell had on me...I worked 9,5 hours straight without eating, while laughing like a maniac. Hell I feel incredibly energetic although I´m obviously still pretty ill. What a miracle drug.

Probably not the best way to recover from a bad pneumonia, but at least this part of the cure was fun...Wink

...and the amount of work I have done in those hours is astonishing. I don´t think I´ve ever had a more efficient workday. I begin to understand why people with stress or performance issues use cocain or amphetamines to get through stressful workdays. I even had time and energy to research and half write four music reviews, while doing double the work I usually do in a workday, and I mean the confidence and my rhetorical skills...god damn I nailed it at client meetings and solved difficult cases and questions from colleagues like they were nothing.

I just realised another crazy thing. I haven´t noticed my tinnitus once today (which is something I´m bothered by often during a day)...damn I´m gonna have to start doing drugs on a regular basis LOL.

Edited by UMUR - 22 Nov 2021 at 9:51am
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 2:29pm
You're working Jonas? Careful you don't overdo it. sounds like you've been pretty ill and don't want to risk a relapse. Mind you, i could do with some of those drugs myself! Wink
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 2:34pm
Yeah but I´m working from home, so it´s a little better, but yeah I shouldn´t have worked for that long and with that intensity, I just couldn´t help myself. I was having so much fun Wacko
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 2:35pm
LOL
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 3:02pm
Heh, nice!LOL
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 3:11pm
LOLThumbs Up
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 6:50pm
LOL

I could have done with those last week. I worked from home for two days and it seemed like a whole week!
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2021 at 10:57am
Damn my preliminary corora test showed positive today. I´m going to be tested further in the coming days, to establish if the first test was valid. I´m having symptoms though. Not more than a slight cold and a low fever right now, so I´m interested to see if that´s it, or if I will get more ill in the next couple of days.

I´m slightly worried as I´m still recovering from my bout with pneumonia. It´s not more than a week ago I stopped taking peincillin. It´s just a slight worry for now though. I´m not panicking yet. I´ll leave that to my family and colleagues Big smile...yeah yeah I know it´s not something to joke about, but I couldn´t help myself. It´s easier to deal with serious matters with a smile.

Edited by UMUR - 07 Dec 2021 at 1:50pm
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2021 at 1:16pm
^Hopefully it's nothing serious, best of luck!
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2021 at 7:56am
I´m unfortunately still a bit fucked up and today I got the confirmation that I have the corona virus. I´ve been ill for four days now (isolated in my 7 m2 bedroom), and last night it started affecting my lungs. I´ve spoken to my doctor this morning and he says that there isn´t much to do about it but suffer through the next three to four days (he says that statistically most people are ill for about 7 days and then the symptoms become milder. It´s actually only very few people who are hospitalized considering how many people who are infected).

So it´ll be interesting to see what the weekend has in store for me. There are two options...either it stays on this level (which is awful enough), or I get really sick and may end up in the hospital. Hopefully I won´t experience the latter, which is quite frankly a horror scenario in my book...

...yeah I´m kinda done joking about it Unhappy

Edited by UMUR - 10 Dec 2021 at 7:59am
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2021 at 9:54am
Get well soon, Jonas.  Take lots of vitamin C and D.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2021 at 10:01am
Thanks, will do.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2021 at 12:31pm
Sorry to hear you've got Covid Jonas. Wishing you a speedy recovery. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2021 at 1:00pm
That just really sucks. Hope you come through OK.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2021 at 2:05pm
Thanks guys, that´s really nice of you. Hopefully it´ll be over sometime next week.
BitterJalapeno View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Grunge/Post-grunge & Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BitterJalapeno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2021 at 4:38pm
Sorry to hear that Jonas. Hoping you'll be back to normal soon.
Star baby, did you deep fry a piece of the Great Barrier Reef?
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2021 at 4:44pm
Take it easy and get well soon Jonas. 
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2021 at 12:45am
Just picked this up. That’s awful news Jonas. Get well quickly. Hopefully this nightmare will be over soon.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2021 at 1:00am
Thanks. Thankfully I´m feeling slightly better this morning (the fever seems like it´s over), so hopefully it´s the start of the symptoms getting milder. I´m couging and still snotnosed but it´s manageable. It´s been very much up an down in terms of fever and symptoms throughout the last four days, so I´m not expecting too much, but right now it´s looking a little better.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 313314315316317 328>
  Share Topic