MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Metal Up Your Ass and all that Jazz Room V2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 311312313314315 327>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2021 at 6:08am
Got my second vaccine brought forward by a few weeks today. Still got all of July to get through, but it's a bit of a result. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2021 at 3:15pm
Thumbs Up  They are clearly going for max protection for as many people as possible as I doubt they'd dare postpone the July 19th lifting of restrictions again. 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2021 at 3:20pm
They may have to though if the numbers keep rising. 16K cases the last two days. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 9:13am
Second vaccine dose for me tomorrow afternoon...I hope. Bloody coughing though ain't I? 99% convinced it's not Covid since I always cough in August and don't have any other symptoms, but the rules are there for a reason. Don't want to be 'that guy' who causes an incident. Anyone had their jab with a cougher present? If so, how was in reacted to by the site staff? I know damn well not a single person was so much as sniffling at my first appointment. 
GG2U

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 3:29pm
Suck on a boiled sweet. 
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2021 at 12:48am
My daughter had a fever the night before her first dose...no problem at all. She still received the dose as planned. My son is the only one in the family who hasn´t had his second shot yet.

...it´s not often I will quote George Michael, but this is an occasion....Freedom,,freedom,,,
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2021 at 12:34pm
While we haven't got community COVID in New Zealand, I'm still not f'kin' eligible for the vaccine yet. The government is making a right royal fuck up of the vaccine roll-out.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2021 at 12:50pm
I was forced to cancel my appointment. Cough's gotten worse to the point I'm making myself dizzy due to lack of oxygen during a coughing fit and I was up half the night with it. I should probably get tested though I'm sure it's just my normal cough that I get this time of year; I've not got a fever or lost sense of taste/smell or anything like that. Going to see how the next few days go then either re-book or try a walk-in vaccine centre next week. 
GG2U

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2021 at 2:35pm
Might be worth a test Adam. Hope it soon goes.
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2021 at 10:47pm
yeah I have a cough from forest fire smoke, definitely no covid though
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 3:21am
^Sounds serious, but I hear there are great forest fires in the US and Canada every year. I actually met a Canadian firefighter, at a congress I was attending in California about 10 years ago, and he told some pretty scary stories about the craft of fighting forest fires.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 7:53am
A few days later than planned, but got my second dose today. 
GG2U

Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 6:18am
So I found out I MAY have diabetes...God. Damn it.
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 7:26am
Originally posted by Psydye Psydye wrote:

So I found out I MAY have diabetes...God. Damn it.

Totally reversible if you change your diet.

CAN WE BE CAREFUL HERE PLEASE?!

Type 2 diabetes can be caused by poor lifestyle - a lack of effective exercise and poor diet. Basically the pancreas does not produce enough insulin to regulate the intake of sugars into the body. Improving the diet can certainly help and may prevent Type 2 for those at risk. If you do have full blown Type 2, please do take your medication as prescribed as well as implement the lifestyle changes that your medical practictioner will advise you on.

If you have Type 1 diabetes, avoiding taking your insulin will very quickly result in ketoacidosis, coma and death.

Let's encourage people to live healthily but please be careful when suggesting avoidance of medicine. A vegan low-sugar diet may very well help to protect against Type 2 and improve the condition for Type 2 sufferers. You may still require additional insulin without which you could fall very ill. A vegan diet wouldn't stop you dying if you have Type 1. I'm assuming Psydye may be at risk of Type 2 diabetes but I'm not his GP. It's a serious chronic illness whatever type you have. Let's tread carefully here.

Thanks Smile

Edited by Bosh66 - 14 Aug 2021 at 5:12pm
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 7:56am
^Good to know! Gonna be exercising like the dickens too!
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 1:56pm
^ I've become somewhat of a naturopath over the years

Avoid sugars, alcohols, carbohydrates

Keep the PH of your body fluids over 8.4 if possible

An alkaline diet is achieved through lots of green vegetables

Drinking alkaline water

And avoiding acidic foods like animal products, pastas, sugars etc

It's a tough transition if you're used to the wrong foods but once you get through that it's easy

I've been vegan for a few years now and gave up alcohol and almost all processed sugars

The result is that i feel great all the time and never get sick

And YES, exercise is great too however over-exercising produces lactic acids and is not good

Yoga and stretching is best with some cardio and weight resistance

No idea how old you are but sounds like you can make the changes if you really want to

Diabetes is not something to be taken lightly

And by all means don't go the pharmaceutical route

It only covers up the symptoms and never addresses the root problems
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 5:12pm

Type 2 diabetes can be caused by poor lifestyle - a lack of effective exercise and poor diet. Basically the pancreas does not produce enough insulin to regulate the intake of sugars into the body. Improving the diet can certainly help and may prevent Type 2 for those at risk. If you do have full blown Type 2, please do take your medication as prescribed as well as implement the lifestyle changes that your medical practictioner will advise you on.

If you have Type 1 diabetes, avoiding taking your insulin will very quickly result in ketoacidosis, coma and death.

Let's encourage people to live healthily but please be careful when suggesting avoidance of medicine. A vegan low-sugar diet may very well help to protect against Type 2 and improve the condition for Type 2 sufferers. You may still require additional insulin without which you could fall very ill. A vegan diet wouldn't stop you dying if you have Type 1. I'm assuming Psydye may be at risk of Type 2 diabetes but I'm not his GP. It's a serious chronic illness whatever type you have. Let's tread carefully here.

Thanks
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 5:14pm
^I'll know for sure in time. Gonna be setting up an appointment.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by Bosh66 Bosh66 wrote:

Thanks

I understand your concerns but i stand by what i presented. I'm sure readers here are savvy enough to take this as advice and not a medical diagnosis.

I do have a degree in biology and i've spent years researching optimal health so i do not simply make suggestions without having done research.

It goes without saying that you should TRY to avoid pharmaceuticals at all costs but there are times when they are helpful. Avoid dependence. THey may be helpful for the short term but extremely toxic in the long run and that is pretty much without exception. That is what i basically meant by the above statement.

I do hope your situation is not dire. Even if you are taking pharmaceuticals you can totally reverse your situation on a naturopathic lifestyle and get to the point where you won't even need meds.

I'm simply hoping you do your own research on these matters and don't let the medical establishment convince you there is only one way, you know the one size fits all approach.

Oh, and wishing you a SPEEDY recovery!
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 10:15pm
^Thanks, much appreciated! And yeah, you can be sure whatever the case I'll be pursuing the best route possible! I take all sides into consideration.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 311312313314315 327>
  Share Topic