MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Metal Up Your Ass and all that Jazz Room V2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 303304305306307 328>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 10:27am
I don't think you overreacted. If it had been one of my brothers I think there would have been actual bodily harm committed.

Your brother is being a dick. If the girl liked him back, she wouldn't be doing shit with other guys anyway, and if she does, she's not worth the effort.

Wishing you a speedy and full recovery.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 10:36am
I´m burying myself in music and movies, which is a great escape from pandemic reality. People around me are depressed, sad, and frustrated, which has hit me once or twice too since March 2020, but I try and stay positive and as I´m lucky enough that my hobies can be done in isolation, I´m probably not as affected as a lot of other people. I miss going to the stadium and watching a football game and going to gigs, but that´s about it.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by TheHeavyMetalCat TheHeavyMetalCat wrote:

Thanks all for the well wishes. I think everyone is slightly improved today and we may yet get a reasonable Christmas day.

And that's good advice Nicole. Unfortunately it's not that easy. We had a rather heated argument last night, my brother and I. I actually thought my Dad was going to get out of bed and knock both our heads together. We were fighting because he admitted to me why he went out to that gathering: he was told that the girl he liked was there and some other guy kept texting him about all the things he was going to do to her when they hooked up while my brother stayed at home like a 'good little boy'. Goading him in other words.

I can understand him here to be honest with you all. He snapped and went out. This was his breaking point. But I was angry with him because that girl wasn't even there. Never was. Just a bunch of prats who didn't give a shit about the pandemic who thought it was hilarious to do that to my brother, knowing full well how much he liked this girl. But the reason my brother and I started fighting was that at that point he should have just left. He didn't. He bowed to their peer pressure and stayed. You know the result.

Did I overreact to this do you think? We've all been on edge not knowing what's going to happen. Sometimes you just want to scream. To want the nightmare to be over. To take it out on someone.

I'm optomistic about the vaccine rollout but they can only move so fast and the spread here is so bad now that the whole country's situation inevitably has to get worse before it gets better and I am really concerned about what further damage Christmas day mixing is going to do to those in lower tiers. I really do think we need to at this point say sod the ecomony, put the whole country on permenant lockdown and get everyone vaccinated. Then maybe we can get our ecomony revived from a position of strength.

I don't think you overreacted. I don't suppose your parents thought much of it either. It sounds like when he should have been angry with them he just caved to their peer pressure (never underestimate how powerful that can be especially among late teen boys/young men, which I presume are his age group given events as you've described them)...it's sad you all got the virus through this but they will also be feeling some karma. The whole lot of them may have it now. 

Edited by adg211288 - 22 Dec 2020 at 2:53pm
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by TheHeavyMetalCat TheHeavyMetalCat wrote:

Thanks all for the well wishes. I think everyone is slightly improved today and we may yet get a reasonable Christmas day.

And that's good advice Nicole. Unfortunately it's not that easy. We had a rather heated argument last night, my brother and I. I actually thought my Dad was going to get out of bed and knock both our heads together. We were fighting because he admitted to me why he went out to that gathering: he was told that the girl he liked was there and some other guy kept texting him about all the things he was going to do to her when they hooked up while my brother stayed at home like a 'good little boy'. Goading him in other words.

I can understand him here to be honest with you all. He snapped and went out. This was his breaking point. But I was angry with him because that girl wasn't even there. Never was. Just a bunch of prats who didn't give a shit about the pandemic who thought it was hilarious to do that to my brother, knowing full well how much he liked this girl. But the reason my brother and I started fighting was that at that point he should have just left. He didn't. He bowed to their peer pressure and stayed. You know the result.

Did I overreact to this do you think? We've all been on edge not knowing what's going to happen. Sometimes you just want to scream. To want the nightmare to be over. To take it out on someone.

I'm optomistic about the vaccine rollout but they can only move so fast and the spread here is so bad now that the whole country's situation inevitably has to get worse before it gets better and I am really concerned about what further damage Christmas day mixing is going to do to those in lower tiers. I really do think we need to at this point say sod the ecomony, put the whole country on permenant lockdown and get everyone vaccinated. Then maybe we can get our ecomony revived from a position of strength.

No, you didn't overreacted Ashley. But your brother has learned a very valuable life lesson and fortunately it does sound like you're all going to be okay. Trust me, it is very important that you don't fall out over this. If you need someone to really blame, blame the waste of oxygen who decided it was okay to go out while waiting for a Covid test result. 

Let me tell you something: when I was growing up, I made friends easier with boys. I was the only girl in a group of six. As we become teens, I soon noticed that the guys had a sort of code. If they knew one of them really liked a particular girl, not just general agreement on who they thought was hot, then that girl was off limits to the rest of them, even if she rejected the one. Now, I can imagine the potential for some real dramatic fallout for reasons of 'things just happen' with such an agreement between close mates (which luckily for our group they avoided and we're all still friends to this day), but one thing they wouldn't do is send texts like you describe (not that we had that ability then). Good mates may fool around and rag on each other, but they absolutely wouldn't do what you describe here. Clearly their only goal was to see if they could get your brother to break the rules. Unfortunately they succeeded. 

My advice to your brother is to drop them. This one lapse aside, you do give the impression that he was doing well with keeping to the rules. So he is probably a mostly responsible young man. He doesn't need people like this to drag him down. 
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 11:38pm
Those mates of your brother were out of order, but lads do stupid things. They’re not always the most emotionally intelligent section of the population 😉 I’m just glad you all seem to be out of any immediate danger- it’ll be just another family story to recount in years to come once you’re through this . Stay safe everyone.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 9:03am
UK government says the public have a responsibility to help control new Covid variants (looks like we also have the South African mutation on our shores Angry ). Oh boy, like the masses will listen now. I think people are basically running around like headless chickens out there every time the government says to do or not do something. 

I'm really fucking worried to be honest and mainly about people's continual inability to do the right thing. I feel like we could have crushed this horrible virus over the summer if people had just behaved better and the government had knuckled down on restrictions. 
GG2U

Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 9:32am
Probably true. If restrictions had been firmer and better enforced. If borders had been closed when the virus was raging in France and Spain and thousands of flights from those countries were landing daily. If we had one joined up collective message from the UK authorities rather than the devolved governments acting like their own little fiefdoms. Lots of ifs. We seem to be losing the fight at the moment.
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2020 at 3:02pm
Sounds like UK has it bad! I'm not sure how bad it is in my area(I live in Effort, Pennsylvania) but I'm a hermit and my family's responsible so I'm not too worried. It helps that it's a bit rural out here!
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2020 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by Psydye Psydye wrote:

Sounds like UK has it bad! I'm not sure how bad it is in my area(I live in Effort, Pennsylvania) but I'm a hermit and my family's responsible so I'm not too worried. It helps that it's a bit rural out here!

We have a new mutated strain running rampant that's about 70% more contagious. We've also had a couple of cases of the South African mutant strain which hopefully have all been caught. 

My county alone has over 12000 cases on the week shown on our Covid map.

It's very alarming how fast things have changed. 

But the real danger is people. 

As we are Tier 4 but until tomorrow some nearby parts of Essex are still Tier 2, people were flouting the rules right up until yesterday leaving my town against the rules and going shopping in nearby Colchester, or so I've seen reports. 

It's all just self, self, self with the British and so the virus continues to spread out of control.

My Aunt runs a farm shop and is sick of people trying to break the rules. It's a small place so she limits the amount of people she lets in and even after all these months still gets people knocking on the windows thinking they'll be made an exception for or getting abusive. It makes me mad. 
GG2U

Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2020 at 6:52pm
^Now that's just uncalled for! People need to grow up.
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2020 at 11:45pm
This made me laugh:

TheHeavyMetalCat View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Black and Death Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2020 at 9:04am
Originally posted by Vim Fuego Vim Fuego wrote:

I don't think you overreacted. If it had been one of my brothers I think there would have been actual bodily harm committed.

Your brother is being a dick. If the girl liked him back, she wouldn't be doing shit with other guys anyway, and if she does, she's not worth the effort.

Wishing you a speedy and full recovery.

It's not like they were actively dating prior to Covid. I'm not even sure she knows how much he likes her. He's hardly seen her since the start of the year before this all kicked off and prior to this incident has been very careful for the sake of the whole family and even during the declining cases of the summer just stayed at home as much as possible. Like all of us he's taken his turn in being the one to go to the supermarket and in the event he has seen her around he's kept his social distance as with everyone else he's seen outside of our actual household.

I know that certain elements who are probably the same people involved in the incident have been giving him shit about his adherence to social distancing all year. Most young people just don't seem to give a crap. He knows he's fucked up with this incident but I think saying he's being a dick is a bit harsh. Thinking with his dick perhaps, though I do believe he genuinely likes her, not just fancies her.

We all have our breaking point. These people knew just how to press his buttons, sadly.

Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

I don't think you overreacted. I don't suppose your parents thought much of it either. It sounds like when he should have been angry with them he just caved to their peer pressure (never underestimate how powerful that can be especially among late teen boys/young men, which I presume are his age group given events as you've described them)...it's sad you all got the virus through this but they will also be feeling some karma. The whole lot of them may have it now. 

I don't know the full details of who was there and may have got infected but Covid Test (as I now think of him) had no symptoms on the day and stayed that way. I know at least one other in the group had it with mild symptoms like my brother. The others involved I don't know.

Originally posted by 666sharon666 666sharon666 wrote:

No, you didn't overreacted Ashley. But your brother has learned a very valuable life lesson and fortunately it does sound like you're all going to be okay. Trust me, it is very important that you don't fall out over this. If you need someone to really blame, blame the waste of oxygen who decided it was okay to go out while waiting for a Covid test result. 

Let me tell you something: when I was growing up, I made friends easier with boys. I was the only girl in a group of six. As we become teens, I soon noticed that the guys had a sort of code. If they knew one of them really liked a particular girl, not just general agreement on who they thought was hot, then that girl was off limits to the rest of them, even if she rejected the one. Now, I can imagine the potential for some real dramatic fallout for reasons of 'things just happen' with such an agreement between close mates (which luckily for our group they avoided and we're all still friends to this day), but one thing they wouldn't do is send texts like you describe (not that we had that ability then). Good mates may fool around and rag on each other, but they absolutely wouldn't do what you describe here. Clearly their only goal was to see if they could get your brother to break the rules. Unfortunately they succeeded. 

My advice to your brother is to drop them. This one lapse aside, you do give the impression that he was doing well with keeping to the rules. So he is probably a mostly responsible young man. He doesn't need people like this to drag him down. 

I think he's realised all this in hindsight. A wonderful thing, that.

I can't say at this point how his friendships with these people will be affected. If they come out of this better people for at least some having contracted Covid after being so dismissive about it then maybe they'll see my brother's behvaiour all year with a new-found respect.

If not I do hope my brother will be smart enough to do as you suggest: drop them.

Originally posted by Bosh66 Bosh66 wrote:

Those mates of your brother were out of order, but lads do stupid things. They’re not always the most emotionally intelligent section of the population 😉 I’m just glad you all seem to be out of any immediate danger- it’ll be just another family story to recount in years to come once you’re through this . Stay safe everyone.

Everyone has improved daily. I won't say we had a great Christmas Day, but we did manage to have our turkey and luckily everyone could actually taste it (because that was touch and go up until Christmas Eve, especially for my Mum). I cooked...that was a first, with Mum supervising from the couch. Quite proud of the job I did actually. Not a lot of drinking going on though, and a lot of early nights.

Hopefully we'll be able to have a better family day on New Year's, and have this experience firmly behind us. Maybe one day we'll even be able to use it as an embarrassing story for my brother. He and I are getting on better again, by the way.

I'm looking forward to this year being over, but I know 2021 isn't going to be any better at first. Just praying this vaccine actually does the job.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 10:33am
Over 50K cases in the UK today.

I think that deserves this:

FUCK!

It's all the last minute Christmas shoppers running around starting to come through. I hope it was worth it to them. 

My own town has dropped in number slightly on the Covid map, but it did steadily for a few days last week then shot back up higher than ever in one. 

It is increasingly obvious around here that people are just not listening to the government. 

The government in turn does not seem to be listening to the scientists.

Why aren't we on full lockdown with schools planned to stay shut already?
GG2U

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2020 at 3:47pm
We're yet to see the effect of Christmas day as well and expecting lots of rule breaking New Year's eve. We're in Tier 4 up here now so that's me having an extended Christmas holiday until most likely end of January at least.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2020 at 3:57pm
I shudder to think of what the figures are going to show in the next week or even two, Paul. Or what the Covid map will look like either. It's always at least five days out of date so two days worth of 50k figures and others aren't reflected yet.

Today's update offered a glimmer of hope for Essex: changing back to lighter purple (still bad) instead of the new darker one. But I expect we'll be back up to that soon, along with others.

Cases in my local area show a downward trend but not enough to drop back to the blues on the map. And I expect that whatever progress has been made will be undone by Christmas rulebreakers. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2020 at 4:42pm
Well, happy new year folks. Wish we were ending on a better note. This time last year we were only getting the first whispers of what was coming and few of us could have predicted it. Here's to 2021 and finally crushing this virus! Beer
GG2U

Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2020 at 5:31pm
Beer
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2020 at 5:35pm
Crappy old year, meet happy new year!Beer
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2020 at 5:37pm
Happy New Year all.
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2020 at 11:20pm
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 303304305306307 328>
  Share Topic