MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Metal Up Your Ass and all that Jazz Room V2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 274275276277278 327>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors and Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 8:31am
Speaking of Primus, I received an email yesterday from them saying that they will be releasing The Desaturating Seven, their first studio album with the original lineup since Tales from The Punchbowl and that The Claypool Lennon Delirium are officially releasing their Lime and Limpid Green covers album.  It was just a special Record Day release.

Edited by rushfan4 - 01 Aug 2017 at 8:33am
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 11:16am
Sunday evening I went to see Macabre for the first time since 1994, when I saw them the first time. Great show...they are still killer performers, and their music Works really well in a live environment.
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 5:48am
Continuing a drinking marathon I had going on yesterday. Let the inebriation continue.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 5:55am
You can obviously handle it as your spelling's still good 😉
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 7:10am
To be fair I did have a "pass out break".
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 2:35pm
This is a pretty rare incident where I actually almost side with the President on this one.  He knows who got him elected and to suddenly agree with Hillary that him and his kind are the deplorables would go against everything we know about Trump. And yes, a good many of them are deplorables, but there are others who just want what they think is best for them and their families.  Any white person who has lost out on a job or a college position because they are white are not necessarily the beneficiaries of "white privilege"...they have been legally discriminated against as a result of the "good intentions" of affirmative action.  And herein lies the argument that they are not racist but instead anti-discriminative against their own race...and is that much worse than the NAACP or the BLM. 

He is also correct that both sides are to blame for the violence that occurred.  The "alt-left" are certainly no angels either.  The "alt-right" had at least taken out the proper permits and whatnot to protest the removal of the statue.  If the "alt-left" don't show up looking for a fight (taking the bait for a fight?) the violence that occurred may not have occurred. 

In regards to the statues remaining or being removed where does it end?  As President Trump pointed out George Washington and Thomas Jefferson were also slave owners.  The TV show Last Man Standing had an episode where they wanted to change the kid's elementary school from Lewis and Clark because they were slave owners, and not very nice ones at that.  The railroads were built with Chinese slaves.  Our forefathers, slaughtered the Native American Indians.  Should any statue or other honorary item be removed for these people because of these atrocities?  Yes; No; Maybe.  These were different times.  Owning slaves, as deplorable as it was/is, was legal at the time. 

When people get upset over the symbolism of somebody burning a bible or Koran or American flag, I get that it is the symbolism that pisses people off, but does it really do anything other than destroy a perfectly good door stop or flag?  If someone wants to fly a Confederate flag than so be it.  It is going to mean to me that "you are most likely an asshole who I don't want to have anything to do with and will probably avoid at all costs.  I will not attend your concert or frequent your establishment but if you don't mind behaving like an ass then it is no skin off my nose".  To me that is the message that people should receive. 
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 2:37pm
I couldn't post the above in PA because of the stupid CAPTCHA thing and wanted to save it somewhere, so you're welcome!  Big smile
micky View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

This is a pretty rare incident where I actually almost side with the President on this one.  He knows who got him elected and to suddenly agree with Hillary that him and his kind are the deplorables would go against everything we know about Trump. And yes, a good many of them are deplorables, but there are others who just want what they think is best for them and their families.  Any white person who has lost out on a job or a college position because they are white are not necessarily the beneficiaries of "white privilege"...they have been legally discriminated against as a result of the "good intentions" of affirmative action.  And herein lies the argument that they are not racist but instead anti-discriminative against their own race...and is that much worse than the NAACP or the BLM. 

He is also correct that both sides are to blame for the violence that occurred.  The "alt-left" are certainly no angels either.  The "alt-right" had at least taken out the proper permits and whatnot to protest the removal of the statue.  If the "alt-left" don't show up looking for a fight (taking the bait for a fight?) the violence that occurred may not have occurred. 

In regards to the statues remaining or being removed where does it end?  As President Trump pointed out George Washington and Thomas Jefferson were also slave owners.  The TV show Last Man Standing had an episode where they wanted to change the kid's elementary school from Lewis and Clark because they were slave owners, and not very nice ones at that.  The railroads were built with Chinese slaves.  Our forefathers, slaughtered the Native American Indians.  Should any statue or other honorary item be removed for these people because of these atrocities?  Yes; No; Maybe.  These were different times.  Owning slaves, as deplorable as it was/is, was legal at the time. 

When people get upset over the symbolism of somebody burning a bible or Koran or American flag, I get that it is the symbolism that pisses people off, but does it really do anything other than destroy a perfectly good door stop or flag?  If someone wants to fly a Confederate flag than so be it.  It is going to mean to me that "you are most likely an asshole who I don't want to have anything to do with and will probably avoid at all costs.  I will not attend your concert or frequent your establishment but if you don't mind behaving like an ass then it is no skin off my nose".  To me that is the message that people should receive. 

pilfered....
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 5:51am
Has anyone ever thought of creating a PunkMusicArchives? It would be a great idea as I know jack shit about punk music and some of its related genres. Just food for thought!
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2017 at 3:22pm
Wouldn't organizing and archiving Punk be an anti-Punk thing to do.  :)  Anarchy and all of that.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 4:40pm
Just out of an Enslaved and Opeth gig. Frickin amazing shit.

Deep Purple on Saturday.
Life is good 😁
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 2:29am
Maiden tickets booked for next August. Seems like Killswitch are supporting which is a surprising choice.

Also RoloTomassi in April, which will be of no interest to anyone here 😂
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 4:13pm
sup shredroom
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 4:15pm
So you're alive then, Colin? Wink
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 4:16pm
yeah,  I've been working for the army lol

got a new job starting in Jan though, maybe I'll be around more
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 4:17pm
was chatting about thrash metal with some friends and made me miss you guys
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 4:31pm
We miss you too, buddy. So anyway, when you gonna do some bloody work around here for once? LOL
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 4:39pm
Nice to see you again Colin, hopefully you'll be able to come around more often come Jan.
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by Bosh66 Bosh66 wrote:

We miss you too, buddy. So anyway, when you gonna do some bloody work around here for once? LOL

and just like that, at the first mention of the dreaded W word, I disappear again
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 9:19pm
new Primus album is short but pretty good, their best in some time
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 274275276277278 327>
  Share Topic