MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Metal Up Your Ass and all that Jazz Room V2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 269270271272273 328>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Dobbie03 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dobbie03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 3:12am
Originally posted by Dobbie03 Dobbie03 wrote:

Originally posted by Unitron Unitron wrote:

Keylogger doesn't sound that appealing, I don't like the idea of it sending everything you type to Microsoft.

Read the info at the link Adam posted. :)

Just a bit of a PSA for all you Windows 10 users.  I mentioned a while back that Windows 10 had a keylogger installed but we were given a link that explained that it was for the preview releases only.  Turns out that isn't the case, the keylogger is still there and in addition it records your voice.  This is concerning to say the least.  If you are stuck with Windows for what ever reason, follow the instructions here:
http://www.afterdawn.com/news/article.cfm/2015/09/13/microsoft-s-windows-10-is-recording-your-voice-and-your-key-strokes-here-s-how-to-turn-it-off

I personally don't believe this will actually do anything and is a waste of time.  If you have no real need for Windows and have the knowledge I strongly encourage you to move to Linux.  There are a number of really good systems out there and privacy and viruses aren't an issue.

For the interested, some links:
Ubuntu Linux, the most popular of the distros, though I find Canonical very inflexible and they don't listen to their users, plus Unity the Desktop Enviroment fucking sucks:
http://www.ubuntu.com/

Linux Mint, a more versatile system with devs that listen to their user base:
http://www.linuxmint.com/

Elementary OS, based on Ubuntu with a sort of OSX look. Elementary is an upcoming distro with a huge base.  eOS looks good but is too limited for my personal taste but I highly recommend this OS to any Windows users looking to move to Linux:
https://elementary.io/

Zorin OS, for a Linux based Windows clone (in looks only), I have never used this OS.  The windows look copy puts me off:
http://zorinos.com/

Antergos Linux, an Arch Linux based, extremely solid OS.  More for the medium to advanced users though it is extremely easy to install and use for the learner:
http://antergos.com/

Arch Linux, the Granpappy of Antergos.  This is what I am using and is the most solid and reliable OS I have ever used.  Leaves all for dust.  This is for the more advanced Linux user, saying that though if you are adventurous the Wiki is very detailed and easy to follow:
https://www.archlinux.org/

There are literally hundereds of Linux distributions and the ones I have mentioned are just the tip of the iceberg.

If anyone wants more information or wants help moving across I am available to offer assistance.

This recording of PC use, key logging as well as voice recording is not something that sits right with me, especially with the untrustworthiness of some particular governments and their agencies.

Please consider the move.
Be excellent to each other.
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 8:03am
I'm still running Win7...
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 8:09am
^Sounds like a good plan Thumbs Up
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 9:31am
Yeah, I mean, I guess Dobbie's right, switching to Linux would probably be the best way to go. Windows is the last paid OS and the way Microsoft treats their customers is just insulting. We should actually boycott their products but let's face it, it's still inconvenient for people who are not enthusiasts. I'll probably do it eventually but I don't have time nor energy to switch to a different OS right now. And windows 7 is actually pretty decent ;) as long as it's supported.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 10:12am
^Yeah and therein lies the problem. But it´ll probably be a couple of years yet.
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 11:22am
I'm actually runnning Ubuntu on my old computer, and I've always liked how it works. My computer that I usually use, which I'm still waiting on a new power supply, runs on Win7. I personally like Win7, but once it stops being supported I'm definately switching to Linux. Thanks for the info! Thumbs Up
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
Dobbie03 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dobbie03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 1:02am
The spying updates from MS are being installed in Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 as well.  Other than XP which is nol longer suported you cant escape it.
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 1:15am
Originally posted by Dobbie03 Dobbie03 wrote:

The spying updates from MS are being installed in Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 as well.  Other than XP which is nol longer suported you cant escape it.

I wasn't aware of that, I certainly am switching to Linux as soon as I can then.
Dobbie03 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dobbie03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 2:03am
^ Good idea man.

This might help with anoyone else pondering on changing OS's:

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/sep/09/microsoft-court-case-hotmail-ireland-search-warrant
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2015 at 8:47pm
arch linux was the first linux i installed (but it was on a vm). I liked it but i'd need to learn a lot more about linux to ever switch over.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2015 at 2:36pm
Dobbie03 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dobbie03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2015 at 4:37pm
@ A Person.  I love Arch it's fantastic but it took me a long time to get the courage to try it :)

@UMUR lol you are famous.

Edited by Dobbie03 - 20 Sep 2015 at 4:54pm
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2015 at 2:12am
Disapprove finished a review of Book of Souls last Thursday and thought I send it from my Work place to my home email account, but somehow it didn´t make the journey, and now it´s gone Cry. I hate having to write the same review twice. I´ll never write a better one than the original one Ouch
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2015 at 2:25am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Disapprove finished a review of Book of Souls last Thursday and thought I send it from my Work place to my home email account, but somehow it didn´t make the journey, and now it´s gone Cry. I hate having to write the same review twice. I´ll never write a better one than the original one Ouch

You have checked both your Sent and Draft items folders right?
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2015 at 3:05am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Yep, but I think I actually never send the mail with the review. I just prepared it and somehow forgot to send it, and then I accidentically overwrote my latest version of the review with an earlier version, which Means I only have about half of it now. I´ve tried everything, but that review is gone Cry. I´m actually a bit more crushed by this, than I thought I would be Unhappy. I was really happy with the way that particular review turned out and I had spend a great deal of time working on it. I´ve never done this before, so hopefully it won´t happen Again.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2015 at 3:48am

Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Yep, but I think I actually never send the mail with the review. I just prepared it and somehow forgot to send it, and then I accidentically overwrote my latest version of the review with an earlier version, which Means I only have about half of it now. I´ve tried everything, but that review is gone Cry. I´m actually a bit more crushed by this, than I thought I would be Unhappy. I was really happy with the way that particular review turned out and I had spend a great deal of time working on it. I´ve never done this before, so hopefully it won´t happen Again.

Just finished my re-write of my Book of Souls review, and it turned out alright...but not as good as my original one (at least as far as I remember), which makes me sad Cry...I´m not easily shaken, but this has been a bad start to the day Dead. Hopefully the rest of the day will be better.

Edited by UMUR - 21 Sep 2015 at 3:48am
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 4:57pm
hopes it goes well for him http://www.vg.no/rampelys/musikk/satyricon-vokalist-har-faatt-hjernesvulst/a/23537091/

for those who do not read Norwegian, vocalist of Satyricon have concived a complicated brain tumor, so best wishes for him    

Edited by Balthamel - 05 Oct 2015 at 5:00pm
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 5:04pm
its not å fatal tumor early stages, kom leathal yet.
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 5:50pm
^^I hope for the best, very sad news. 
Dobbie03 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dobbie03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 11:34pm
Man that sucks, I hope he can beat it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 269270271272273 328>
  Share Topic