MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Metal Up Your Ass and all that Jazz Room V2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 320321322323324 327>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2022 at 4:05pm
I forgot we have a Discord server. If more people join I'll certainly be more active there.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2022 at 1:56am
Went to see Red Warszawa last night (my 12th time seing them):

It was as crazy as ever with the audience and the band in close competition on who was most drunk. People crowdsurfing from the stage to the venue bar (including members of the band). Lots of drunken silliness LOL. I had such a great night, but yeahh...today not so much. I have a serious hangover and it feels like someone sucked every drop of liquid from my mouth and my head is about to explode...

http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/artist/red-warszawa/?ac=red%20w

The band played the venue three nights in a row. Each night playing one of their first three albums from beginning to end spiced up with some extra tracks from other albums. The first night they played:
RED WARSZAWA - Hævi Mætal og Hass (Greatest Hits 1986-96 Volume 1) cover
http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/album/red-warszawa/h%C3%A6vi-m%C3%A6tal-og-hass-greatest-hits-1986-96-volume-1

The second night they played:
RED WARSZAWA - Skal Vi Lege Doktor? (Greatest Hits 1986-97 Volume 2) cover
http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/album/red-warszawa/skal-vi-lege-doktor-greatest-hits-1986-97-volume-2

and last night they played:
RED WARSZAWA - Tysk Hudindustri (Greatest Hits 1986-2000 Volume 3) cover
http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/album/red-warszawa/tysk-hudindustri-greatest-hits-1986-2000-volume-3

Edited by UMUR - 11 Dec 2022 at 1:59am
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 1:03am
bump
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2023 at 7:34am
You know, it's weird...I used to prefer regular death metal to melodeath, never really caring for the latter....now I'm at a point where I prefer the latter over the former. It seems my music taste is always evolving!
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2023 at 8:49am
I used to loathe breakdowns and groove in music, but I´ve come to tolarate and even occasionally like the former and absolutely love the latter....so yeah music tastes changes over the years.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2023 at 10:16am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

I used to loathe breakdowns and groove in music, but I´ve come to tolarate and even occasionally like the former and absolutely love the latter....so yeah music tastes changes over the years.

Similar. And it means I'm starting to gain some appreciation for deathcore, which I definitely didn't have before.
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2023 at 10:36am
^Yeah deathcore is something I definitely wanna explore more. I've already come across 2-3 bands I really like...Born of Osiris, The Contortionist, and Thy Art is Murder...actually, Whitechapel too. For sure there's some shitty bands but if you dig hard enough you'll find some gold too!
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2023 at 10:54am
None of the -core genes have ever grabbed me much, though there's always been a act here and there that's impressed me. 

I have far too many huge gaps in my death metal knowledge to think too much about deathcore though. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2023 at 3:14pm
So last night finally got to see the Covid-19 delayed Gojira gig, supported by Alien Weaponry and Employed to Serve.

Three good bands. Gojira was bloody good. Must be my age but shit they were loud, and I go to a lot of metal gigs. Fantastic night with my youngest.
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2023 at 2:09pm
Attempting to quit nicotine(at least for awhile). Wish me luck!
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2023 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by Psydye Psydye wrote:

Attempting to quit nicotine(at least for awhile). Wish me luck!

It´s hard....I´ve tried many times, but now I haven´t smoked in over 3 years, and after a couple of years I no longer miss it.
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2023 at 3:36pm
^Yeah I've attempted a couple times already, to no avail. I'm feeling pretty confident I can do it this time though. Guess we'll see.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2023 at 9:06am
Hopefully you won´t fuck your lungs up like I did before realising you need to stop.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2023 at 8:28am
I went to see this show last night:

Devin Townsend
Fixation (from Norway)

...and yup Devin delivered one hell of a show, and he brought along with him one of my music wet dreams in Mike Keneally. Damn those two were great together on a stage. Anyone get the chance to catch this European tour, do yourself a favor and go...
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 2:44pm
Saw Left to Die with Detest as support last week. Left to Die features Rick Rozz and Terry Butler in the lineup and played every track from Death´s Leprosy, and select tracks from Scream Bloody Gore and some Death demo tracks. As old school death metal as it gets and it was a great night.
BitterJalapeno View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Grunge/Post-grunge & Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BitterJalapeno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by Bosh66 Bosh66 wrote:

So last night finally got to see the Covid-19 delayed Gojira gig, supported by Alien Weaponry and Employed to Serve.

Three good bands. Gojira was bloody good. Must be my age but shit they were loud, and I go to a lot of metal gigs. Fantastic night with my youngest.

I saw them at the Glasgow leg and can concur that they were indeed fantastic and also loud as fuck
Star baby, did you deep fry a piece of the Great Barrier Reef?
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2023 at 3:50am
So last night was Haken, supported by BTBAM and Cryptodira. All three were on form. Cryptodira I've seen before (supporting Rolo Tomassi). Kind of a tech death / mathcore mash-up. Between The Buried And Me is a band I've wanted to see for a while, and they were really tight, switching effortlessly between full-out metalcore rage and noodling prog rock. Haken were really good. A few tracks off the latest, the set was skewed towards the Virus album more than any.

Not sure I've anything else lined up until Iron Maiden after Ozzy handed in his cards. Have to get that sorted LOL
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2023 at 5:16am
In about a month I´ll go see Misery Index, and two months from now it´s COC, and then Copenhell 2023 is coming up, where I usually see about 25 - 30 artists, so it´s alright, although I can maybe cram in another concert if given the chance. Nile comes by and so does 1914, but unfortunately I´m not able to attend neither gigs. I was also contemplating purchasing tickects for Maceration and Illdisposed, but I haven´t decided on anything yet.

Edited by UMUR - 25 Mar 2023 at 5:17am
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2023 at 7:47am
Misery Index and COC - two bands I haven't seen but would like to.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2023 at 10:10am
^I´ve seen COC twice before, and they are a great live band. Definitely worth attending their shows.

The full lineup for the Misery Index show is as follows (it´s acutally Unearth who headlines, but I´m predominantly there to see Misery Index):

Unearth + Misery Index + Year Of The Knife

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 320321322323324 327>
  Share Topic