MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Metal Up Your Ass and all that Jazz Room V2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 318319320321322 327>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2022 at 2:38am
That guy is brilliant.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2022 at 2:01am
Got a long weekend this weekend because we have a brand new public holiday.

Basically, it's Māori new year, when Matariki (more commonly known as the Pleiades) rises. It's one of those celebrations which changes date every year, like Easter. Since it's the first time it's been run, I'm not really sure what we're meant to do to mark it as there aren't any established traditions yet. A friend said he's going to stare at the front of his car (it's a Subaru, and the Pleiades are on the Subaru badge).

I think this might be appropriate listening to mark the occasion:

Anyway, I'm just enjoying the extra day off.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2022 at 6:49am
^ Enjoy! Always good to get an extra day off.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2022 at 8:44am
I hear they´ve added a new national holiday in the US too called Juneteenth og something like that, so it happens elsewhere too.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2022 at 4:40pm
I swear that r/ebay on Reddit must be the worst sub I've ever posted on. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
TheHeavyMetalCat View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Black and Death Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2022 at 4:53pm
I tried posting on r/ebay for help once.

The mods just removed my post without explanation.

For a sub that seems to exist to offer help and advice outside of the watchful eye of ebay, the people on there are real jerks.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2022 at 4:59pm
That sucks. Some reddit mods regardless of sub are definitely on a power trip. What was your issue and did you get it sorted?

Mine wasn't removed, but the community was just about as useful as a chocolate fireguard. I'm not sure what I expected by posting there, but I won't be making the same mistake again. Folks seemed more interested in making insinuations than actually offering any advice. I decided to take my post down. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2022 at 5:21pm
The biggest issue sellers face: an unreasonable buyer.

Short story is that I sold something then had the buyer try to back out but only after the item had been sent. They sent me a message trying to cancel between me leaving home for the Post Office and getting home to mark it as shipped.

As a non-business seller, I don't have to accept change of mind returns, but I decided to be nice and said I would in this case but it would be at the buyer's cost.

The buyer then tried to claim that because I didn't mark as shipped until after they messaged me, they were entitled to a free return. Then got irate when I said it didn't.

Lo and behold the buyer hits me with a false INAD case with ebay, exactly as I feared they would given their attitude, who sides with them in spite of record of messages trying to back out of the sale. And I'm forced to provide a free return.

Edited by TheHeavyMetalCat - 02 Jul 2022 at 5:21pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2022 at 12:25am
Oh yeah that old one. The one item the buyer tries to back out of is the one item that you somehow didn't describe properly/got damaged in transit/never arrived at all. 

I hope you at least got it back!

Edited by adg211288 - 03 Jul 2022 at 1:09am
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2022 at 1:04am
eBay sounds like it's really shit now. I bought a few cool things off it back in the late 90s and it was all cool, but it sounds a bit scammy now. Me and my brother were wanting to buy a MiG fighter at one stage, but the price was a bit steep...

eBay reckoned New Zealand wasn't worth the effort, so a young entrepreneur set up a local equivalent called TradeMe, which is now the biggest local website in New Zealand. It has a lot more protections than eBay, but it's only open to Kiwis (it also allows vetted foreign traders too).
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2022 at 1:21am
Well they just accused me of selling counterfeit DVDs. 

Their reason for thinking I was selling fake DVDs?

I only uploaded one photo of a job lot of ten DVDs.

To Ebay, apparently one photo now equals counterfeits. 

And no of course they cannot tell me what it was about the photo that was wrong. Totally against policy. 

As someone who has received actual counterfeit DVDs from Ebay in the past, I do actually know a lot of the things to look out for (gold disc, misaligned text, off colours, blurred text, wrong region encoding etc). 

With a near 15 year history on Ebay, a lot of that spent buying and selling DVDs, it's hardly my first rodeo.

In addition to be completely unhelpful, Ebay CS left me feeling fobbed off and that I was given bad advice over how I should proceed. I also didn't appreciate how passive-aggressive Ebay CS was. My chat with them actually got to the point that I started to feel a bit threatened that they'd impose sanctions on my account. 

I would move to a new site if I knew one with a decent buyer audience. 

The picture in question:

GG2U

666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2022 at 2:40am
Ebay is a buyer's market. Seller protection is a joke.

There are some good films in that bundle. 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2022 at 2:49am
They're all movies I now have on blu-ray.
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2022 at 7:16am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Oh yeah that old one. The one item the buyer tries to back out of is the one item that you somehow didn't describe properly/got damaged in transit/never arrived at all. 

I hope you at least got it back!

Yeah, I got it back. In the unopened packaging it was originally shipped in that the buyer had just stuck the return label I was forced to pay for right over the top of mine. I guess they have x-ray vision to know this unopened package wasn't as described.

I reported the buyer and blocked them. They're probably still pulling this kind of shit with other people though. I guess buyers are allowed as many fuck ups as they want on ebay these days.

I never did get reimbursed for the return label even though I sent pictures of the package as I received it back to ebay which should have proved the buyer filed a false INAD against me. Ebay said I needed pictures of the package before I originally shipped it to prove it hadn't been opened. Yet I place my shipping labels right over the flaps of the box so that they need to be cut through when opened, and it wasn't. Just the return label stuck on top.

So fuck Ebay and fuck that lying sack of shit buyer!
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 3:24am
Buyer from Hell then.

And people wonder why I refuse to leave buyer's feedback until they've left it for me. 
GG2U

Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2022 at 11:18am
I've been buying tons of stuff on ebay lately, but a recent rule in Canada has made it so sellers have to start adding taxes all their items. I'm not sure when that date starts. I like the convenience of buying something off a Canadian seller at the listed value, and not have to worry about extra charges after the fact. It really just stems from their lack in trusting the sellers to report their ebay sales as taxable income, so they want to ensure they get their cut up-front.

It's not a huge deal, but I wish ebay would list the sales tax included with the price ahead of time, particularly with "Buy It Now" listings. 
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2022 at 2:01am
Went and saw Gojira play last night with Alien Weaponry opening (and a third band I didn´t catch).

Gojira were as well playing as ever, but I was not interested in Alien Weaponry. Pretty generic groove metal. Their Maui schickt takes just about a half song to grow old.

One thing I think both artists suffered from, was pre-recorded tracks...I don´t get it. I´ve come to see a band play live. I don´t need backing keyboards and other sound effects, to make it sound like the album. If I want that I can stay home and put on said album.
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2022 at 4:09pm
Was prescribed something for anxiety, Invega/paliperidone. It's weird, 'cause I looked it up and it's an antipsychotic for people w/ schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder. I guess it doubles as an anxiolytic? Anyways, CVS still hasn't filled it and I NEED it! I understand they're behind, thanks to the pandemic and all but it's tough getting by w/o something to treat one's anxiety. Hopefully it's in tomorrow.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2022 at 4:45pm
What´s CVS? 

I hope the new prescribtion can help ease your anxiety. I have a daughter who suffers from that, although it sounds like it´s a bit milder than yours. It´s still incredibly hard to handle at times, and just going to school and being around other people is a challenge.
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2022 at 8:31pm
^CVS is a pharmacy. And yeah I hope it works!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 318319320321322 327>
  Share Topic