MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Metal Up Your Ass and all that Jazz Room V2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 308309310311312 327>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 6:45am
My wife (who works at a home of the elderly), just got her second COVID-19 vaccine on friday, and boy did she get really, really sick yesterday. A 39,7 degree fever for 24 hours. God that is a lot for an adult. The sideeffects of the vaccine are not funny for some people. She is better now thankfully, although still in bed with a slight fever.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 6:59am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Glad to hear it's not Covid Paul, must be a weight lifted off your shoulders. 

Thanks Adam, it certainly is. 
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 7:03am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Arsehole alert! Too many stories like this one going around. 

Not sure why this is on my local paper's site, given that it happened miles away, but even so. Angry

Yes unfortunately you see this sort of thing all the time. Not a care for anyone. Hit them hard with bigger fines might put more people off.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 7:05am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

My wife (who works at a home of the elderly), just got her second COVID-19 vaccine on friday, and boy did she get really, really sick yesterday. A 39,7 degree fever for 24 hours. God that is a lot for an adult. The sideeffects of the vaccine are not funny for some people. She is better now thankfully, although still in bed with a slight fever.

Glad to hear she's okay now Jonas. I've heard that some people can have a bad reaction to it. Surprised it was the 2nd one that her if she was okay after the 1st.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 8:12am
Originally posted by Nightfly Nightfly wrote:

Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Glad to hear she's okay now Jonas. I've heard that some people can have a bad reaction to it. Surprised it was the 2nd one that her if she was okay after the 1st.

I´ve read that it´s actually the second one which causes some people problems.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 8:16am
My parents had their first jags a week ago today. Mum felt a bit tired the next day which may or may not have had anything to do with it. No true adverse reaction from either of them though.

They can't have their second until 12 weeks after the first in the UK due to the government going against the recommended schedule given to them by Pfizer. 

We keep being told that the new schedule will save more lives by getting more first jabs done in a quicker time which sounds like a good thing but I see as many reports that say the change is a bad idea. 

I really don't know what to think about it. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 9:53am
I think most medical people say the original plan was a better idea. I can see the Governments logic here but they've constantly gone against scientific advice from the start even though they keep saying they're following the science when interviewed about their cock ups.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 10:03am
They really are full of shit. I just hope they're smart enough not to go and lift any restrictions now we've got a steady downward trend again. We're roughly back down to pre-variant confirmation levels now, but a long way to go still. It will only take one fuck up for the daily cases to go over 30K again. We've managed to stay under that (but still over 20K) for a week now, with about 80K less new cases than last week. It's encouraging but by this point I just don't trust our government to not do something stupid. 
GG2U

666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 1:22pm
Glad your daughter's test was negative Paul!
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 3:27pm
Thanks Nicole. Smile
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 7:27pm
Pretty sad that people are still going out to party, like really?! No wonder the UK's in such dire straits given how many of these "social gatherings" I've heard of already going on over there! Yeesh!!Wacko
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 11:27am
We lost NHS hero Captain Tom Moore to Covid-19 today. 

Captain Tom raised £33 million for NHS charities during the first UK lockdown.

I am quite choked up to be honest. 
GG2U

Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 11:55am
So sad. I know he was 100 and couldn't be expected to be with us much longer, but for him to die of Covid after all he did just seems extra cruel. Cry
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 3:19pm
Yes so sad. What a great bloke.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 3:20pm
Sad new indeed. Someone who got of his arse and tried to make things just a little bit better.
TheHeavyMetalCat View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Black and Death Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2021 at 11:57am
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2021 at 12:13pm
What a fuckwit. Such self control not to punch the little shit.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2021 at 12:20pm
Hope TikTok bans the prick. 
GG2U

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2021 at 3:14pm
Another brain dead moron.
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2021 at 11:48am
I realised something today; that most of the world seems to believe that the 21st century began in 2000. 

Except there was no 0 AD. Which means with a century being 100 full years, that the 1st century was between 1-100 AD.

The 20th was therefore 1901-2000 AD.

And the 21st only began on January 1st 2001, and with it the 3rd millennium, having only by that point completed the full 2000 years on the calendar, yet we all, me included, celebrated it the year before.

How did the whole world make such a major fuckup with history?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 308309310311312 327>
  Share Topic