MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Metal Up Your Ass and all that Jazz Room V2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 307308309310311 327>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 10:38am
We got a community case again because someone fucked up in the managed isolation quarantine system. The poor woman who tested positive caught it when she was leaving because some dumb fuck thought it was a good idea to mix new arrivals in the country with people who are just about done with their isolation time.Disapprove Thankfully she did everything right to make contact tracing easier. This fucking wonderful "government" of ours that gets praised all round the world for being kind couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery! It's only sheer dumb luck we haven't had another outbreak here!
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 2:56pm
^ You have handled it well over there though. Our government is a complete fuck up as you're no doubt aware. Worst death rate in the world.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

The UK is only reporting 22; new Covid cases today. Last Monday was about 37K.

Really hope this isn't an error because that's a massive drop!

I always take Monday's figures with a pinch of salt as after the weekend reporting is hit and miss. Tomorrow will be a better indicator.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 9:27am
Today's update is late. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 9:37am
There it is: 20089!

Deaths are as horrendous as ever though. 1631. Ouch

Still feeling the fallout of New Year Rule-breaking I think. 

Edited by adg211288 - 26 Jan 2021 at 9:40am
GG2U

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 3:30pm
And we've passed the 100,000 deaths point. Horrendous! Unhappy
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 3:34pm
That's the official figure based on hospital deaths with a positive Covid19 test within the last two weeks. It's pretty much accepted that the real figure is likely to be much higher, which is even more appalling!
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 9:32am
Up a bit today on the cases, but still under 30K.

Deaths though...honestly makes you want to cry.

But the fact that cases are dropping gives me some hope. 

Although I don't trust our government not to do something to fuck it up, like suddenly lift lockdown. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2021 at 11:22am
Essex has finally gone back to blue on the Covid map. Hoping it keeps heading in the right direction now. 
GG2U

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2021 at 12:45pm
The government have made so many major fuck ups already and looking like clueless idiots, I think they'll be very careful about lifting lockdown in a hurry. Looks like it will be a very gradual process.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 4:14am
I am so pissed off! My daughter came down with a major sore throat last weekend but none of the usual Covid symptoms. Tried to get her into the doctors last Monday but only got a telephone diagnosis for Tonsilitis. She was put on a course of Antibiotics but after 72 hours on them it was showing no signs of improvement. More fannying about on the phone but finally got her to see a GP face to face last night. Straight away he says it's not Tonsilitis but thinks it might be Covid. She's had a test this morning so we await the result. 

What pisses me off is we have Hospital staff like cleaners earning 1/10 th of a GP's salary on the frontline facing Covid every shift, yet GP's a very reluctant to see and diagnose people properly. If GP's did the job they are getting paid for instead of hiding behind closed doors my daughter could have had a Covid test 5 or 6 days ago. 

We have been keeping our distance from her but not taking Covid type precautions up until now but it's like shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted now. If she does come back positive our self-isolation period started 8 days ago which is a bit of a farce as we haven't been of course (we are now). Having said that we're not going anywhere anyway apart from the supermarket. 

Luckily my wife and I haven't developed any symptoms yet. We both think we had it last April so maybe we've still got some immunity but who knows.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 4:17am
Crazy times Paul. I'm not surprised you're all frustrated and pissed off. I hope your daughetr starts feeling better soon.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 4:18am
Cheers Chris, hopefully she'll pick up soon. She feels fine apart from the sore throat.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 4:30am
So sorry to hear that Paul, fingers crossed for you all. Had some woes my way as well. 

My Aunt up in Suffolk had a similar problem with getting to see a GP. She's had throat problems for about 8 weeks now and kept being told that it's only Tonsilitis over the phone/video chat, yet despite medication she hasn't got better. She finally got to see someone in person this week. 

I won't go into all the details, but the good news is it's not serious, not a tumour as we were all beginning to fear, but the bad news is ideally she would have to have an operation on her tonsils, which she can't have because of Covid. While Covid continues to rage, nothing else is getting proper treatment. 

On top of this a friend of my parents with heart problems had a stroke last week, got taken into hospital only to find out that on top of this he's got Covid, which he presumably got in the hospital only days before when he was there. I don't know if he was pre-symptoms or asymptomatic. Some other friends who live near him had to go help him after the stroke and of course they couldn't even think about social distancing, so they're now all in isolation like you are. We haven't heard anything more on any of them since and I'm not sure at this point if that's good or bad news. 
GG2U

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 5:04am
Thanks Adam. Hope your Aunt gets her Op soon and your parents friend makes a recovery. 

It's terrible that other things are on hold because of Covid. It's an awful time to get Cancer for example. I really feel for anyone going through that at the moment who probably feels covid is trivial compared the potential death sentence they have hanging over them, especially if they can't get treatment. 
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 11:35pm
I was digging through my physical media and found out I have a copy of the Suspiria soundtrack on CD

I guess that would be from when I scoured the collection of my friend who was moving away and getting rid of everything

(got a lot of Swans demos and live albums from that btw, good stuff) 
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 4:12am
My daughters Covid test came back negative. Spoke to my brother who's a GP about it and the most likely explanation is it's a virus and will just have to take its course. 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 4:13am
Glad to hear it's not Covid Paul, must be a weight lifted off your shoulders. 
GG2U

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 4:16am
Originally posted by Triceratopsoil Triceratopsoil wrote:

I was digging through my physical media and found out I have a copy of the Suspiria soundtrack on CD

I guess that would be from when I scoured the collection of my friend who was moving away and getting rid of everything

(got a lot of Swans demos and live albums from that btw, good stuff) 

I have that, by Italian prog legends Goblin. I discovered the Dario Argento movies through Goblin rather than vice versa. 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 6:07am
Arsehole alert! Too many stories like this one going around. 

Not sure why this is on my local paper's site, given that it happened miles away, but even so. Angry
GG2U

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 307308309310311 327>
  Share Topic