MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Metal Up Your Ass and all that Jazz Room V2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 292293294295296 327>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 4:33pm
She who must be obeyed (and would kill me if she ever read me writing that!LOL) has had to go out this morning to take her Dad to the doctor for routine check up stuff. He's 81, and was due to have a cataract operation this week, but of course that got canned. It also means he's blind as a bat and can't drive, so she's got to go 40km to take him to a doctor's appointment which would be a 5 minute drive otherwise.

I haven't been off our property in 15 days. Luckily we have 3/4 of an acre (0.34 hectares for the metrically mindedWink), but I think I've been lucky to have work to help distract me.

Most people here are taking the lockdown quite seriously, but there are a few morons who have been put in front of the courts for public endangerment. Police finally started telling surfers to fuck off home yesterday, not because of the spread from themselves, but because if they get into trouble, other people have to go and rescue them, which ties up resources and potentially spreads the virus too.

One dropkick decided he was self-isolating in his car, and decided he'd drive from Christchurch to Te Anau. That's about 640km, or an 8 hour drive. He went from a centre which has definitely had plenty of cases to an isolated area that had none. So much for sticking to your local area.

Had another deported from the Chatham Islands back to the mainland for not respecting the lockdown. The islands are about 800km offshore with a population of about 700. He was put on a plane back here because they don't have a court there. Because he was being a dick, a whole air crew had to potentially expose themselves to the virus, and then potentially spread it to these isolated islands, not to mention the expense of flying this genius back to the mainland.

Last, and least human, some prick filmed himself coughing and sneezing on supermarket staff deliberately, and then put it on Facebook. Unsurprisingly, he's up in court today. I hope for a custodial sentence there.

I don't know what parts of your respective countries you are from, but my company is updating COVID guidelines and procedures for GPs all over New Zealand, Australia, and a few areas in the UK. I can't really say much more, but from the look of the stuff we're getting through, there's some really dedicated but exhausted medical professionals the world over dealing with this thing. And this really slack-arsed writing professional who's meant to be updating it...
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 12:09am
I've heard of a few people being fined here for breaking lockdown. 

Scotland's Chief Medial Officer was among those caught breaking lockdown over here. 

Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 9:14am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Have to say though, I do want The Rise of Skywalker when it comes out in April because I've not seen it at all yet. Missed it in the cinema due to illness first and then two deaths in the family in January. Would like it on physical because of the collection but if push comes to shove I'll just have to buy it digital from Prime Video. Did that with Knives Out because the HD was £3 cheaper than the blu-ray disc. 

Went with digital. Amazon say they can't deliver the physical until April 25th. Not a problem in itself but the digital comes out a week earlier anyway. That did swing it for me. 

Honestly apart from my special editions I'm less attached to the idea of a physical collection for films as I am for music. I'd probably buy digital lot more if they didn't typically retain a higher price to buy. This won't be the first series I have on mixed media. I own seasons 1 and 2 of The Bridge on DVD, 3 on Blu-Ray and 4 on digital. 
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 2:05pm
Interesting turn of events in the case where the guy was convicted of sneezing on people. He had a previous conviction, and one of my relatives was on the jury which convicted him.

And then you get these stupid self-entitled pricks.

Look at this cunt:

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 2:16pm
There's been some issue regarding under what circumstances we can travel in the UK. 

Apparently we are definitely NOT allowed to drive anywhere to get our allotted once a day exercise. But my neighbour takes her dogs out in the car to the country for their walk and sees and mixes with no one. That wouldn't be true if she was forced to walk the streets with them.

There's also been some unclear information regarding shopping and the above: are we supposed to shop only in our own town? Well, I actually have to say a big fat no to that one on behalf of my parents who are classed as vulnerable. We have three supermarkets in our town and precisely none of them do home delivery or click and collect. We have all been avoiding mixing considerably by getting our big shops through one of the other of these services through Tesco in the next town. We mix with precisely one person working for Tesco either way like this. If forced to shop in our own town, we would have to mix with way over 10x more people than that. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 2:50pm
They will gradually start opening the Danish society Again after easter, with primary school children being allowed to come to school Again, but still no big crowds of people are allowed. Actually our prime minister said that it won´t be allowed until at the earliest start September. So no Copenhell Festival this year, and no more football matches with my son until September. Damn the NeXT couple of months are going to be rough...hopefully it will save the lives it´s intented to, and no one will even think of this as a sacrifice when it´s over.

I get to do a lot of Things I normally haven´t had the energy to do, while I´ve been working from home. Although I do put in the hours I save about 1½ hours of transport each day, and that actually matters a lot and gives me an opportunity to do other Things. This weekend me and my wife cleaned out our two storage rooms, and moved around furniture in the kid´s rooms. It took all weekend but you gotta keep yourself busy, when you can´t go out and do what you normally do (visit Family and friends, go out to restaurants, visit the mall...etc.).

One other positive is I spend very Little Money compared to normal, as the only thing I spend Money on right now is food Big smile.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 6:06pm
We've saved a shitload of money too! I have a limited low carb diet, and I'm not going out to get extra stuff. My partner has a limited (and sometimes expensive) diet because she has coeliac disease. We're just making do with what we have to. I'm probably saving the same amount of time traveling, and saving a shitload on petrol, because I have a big-assed Toyota Camry, which is pretty thirsty. (It probably doesn't help that I have a heavy foot. You can get away with that in the country.Wink)
TheHeavyMetalCat View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Black and Death Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 1:50pm
Once a week trip to the supermarket is the plan for us. Sometimes the milk or cut bread runs low and we have to go out for an extra run but we are usually able to get in and out quickly. We aren't going out once a day for exercise because the way other people are still acting makes us feel unsafe. Luckily we have a decent garden to walk around in and that exercise bike that my Dad bought years ago is actually getting used now.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 2:02pm
Yep, the old exercise bike is getting a good go here too. I have a set of wireless headphones which I am borrowing from work, so I can sit on the bike, pedal away watching videos, and not bother my partner.Smile
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 5:32pm
Fucking Tesco. How is one supposed to get a delivery or click and collect slot when they are released at the ungodly hour of midnight and still get fully booked in under 15 minutes in spite of you refreshing the page to get in the queue every minute for up to half an hour before the slots are released (meaning I was definitely in the queue within that time and it going live)? Tired and fuming right now. 
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 6:17pm
Sorry, this is no help to you Adam, but a fella here has created an aggregator website to let people know where to find delivery slots:

And this one tells you how long the line at the supermarket is:

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 12:43am
It´s now official...no Copenhell Festival (or Roskilde Festival for that matter) this year Cry. It´s one of the entertainment highlights of the year for me and although I know it´s not important right now, I´m still greatly disappointed that it won´t happen (with Iron Maiden, Mercyful Fate, and Judas Priest on the same bill, it´s an even greater loss). I´ve taken a few days off work to attend the Festival in late June, and I´ve spoken to my tent sharing friend about finding a shelter somewhere, and sleep there for a couple of days, drinking our brains out while blasting metal music, to distract our frustrated minds that we are not going the Copenhell this year...it´ll probably happen too, if I know our stupid minds and need to let out steam LOL.

Edited by UMUR - 08 Apr 2020 at 12:45am
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2020 at 4:57pm
Making another attempt on Tesco tonight. I feel asleep last night which buggered that up. 

This time I kept refreshing the page every few seconds waiting for the queue to go live so logically I can't be many places in. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2020 at 5:11pm
Well tonight click and collect sold out in under five minutes. But I did manage to secure a home delivery, which makes this month comfortable. But this time next week I'm going to have to start thinking about May. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 12:09pm
I can hear a fucking party going on somewhere in my town this evening. Blaring music, loudmouth bloke on a PA, the works. Angry
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2020 at 1:14am
^Idiots, with Little respect for the elderly and weak, they may go on to infect Thumbs Down
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2020 at 1:41pm
GG2U

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2020 at 3:45pm
^ Makes my blood boil. Vermin like that aren't worth the air they breathe.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2020 at 5:42pm
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2020 at 12:53am
^What the hell is wrong with those people? I know some people are beyond reach, but spitting on the police is not only foul, it´s got a malicious intent behind it these days, that´s despicable.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 292293294295296 327>
  Share Topic