MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Metal Up Your Ass and all that Jazz Room V2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 280281282283284 327>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by Psydye Psydye wrote:

Kinda wish I wasn't the only one in my circle of friends who listened to all this awesome metal music! Alas, it is what it is!
That definitely is a shame. It´s always nice to have some friends to go to shows with. I´ve always had my Brother and later many like minded friends who often attend shows, and I would be lost without them. It´s not the same if you haven´t got friends to discuss music and shows with.

...oh well you got us Tongue
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 10:51pm
^Very true!Beer

Also, just found out via an ad on this site Overkill will be releasing their 19th studio album come Feb. 22nd. If the last few albums are anything to go by, it's going to be fucking awesome!!Big smile
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 11:44pm
^Hell yeah. Overkills last many albums have been fantastic, and an unusual return to form this late into their career. Not that their many mid-career albums aren´t great, but to my ears it´s still the first five or six albums and then from Ironbound onwards which are their greatest.

I saw them live for the first time last year (or maybe the year before, I don´t remember), on the Copenhell festival which I attend each year in June, and they were great. I didn´t really listen to them when I was young, so maybe that´s why it took so many years before I was able to see them live.

Before the internet days, it was not that easy to just check out bands you had heard about, and you had to be a bit more picky when purchasing new music, and Overkill was just one of those bands I never had the time nor the money to check out, because there was so much other great music that I wanted to purchase at the time. Thankfully I´ve redeemed myself over the last 10 years or so, and I have now listened to every album Overkill have released (I have quite a few Overkill reviews in backlog to the posted too).
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 6:45pm
I haven't checked out overkill yet... holy shit they have a lot of albums
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 8:47pm
^Definitely check them out...you'd be doing yourself a disservice by not!Wink
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors and Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 11:40am
One of my friends growing up had the Fuck You ep on cassette, which he let me borrow.  That was my first exposure to Overkill.  I never really got into them though until later years.  I've got around 10 of their albums now.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 7:04am
Why do people on ebay have to bid up auction listings to higher than the buy-it-now/Amazon prices for the same things? Do they really need to feel the satisfaction of winning/preventing someone else from getting a deal that badly? Seems really sad to me.
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 7:09am
Could be.  Could be that they don't think to look at Amazon or other sources for the same items.  But your right it is silly to pay more for something that you can buy for less elsewhere.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 7:04pm

Which album should I start with?
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 7:32am
Originally posted by Triceratopsoil Triceratopsoil wrote:

Which album should I start with?
Fuck You!

Haha...that is the first thing that I heard from them.  I'd say something from the Under the Influence through I Hear Black phase is a good place to start.
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 8:03am
I would say their debut through 'Horrorscope'...if that doesn't tickle your fancy possibly I'd say 'Ironbound' through now...and if still not, I'd say you're a lost cause!Wink
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 8:14pm
Sampled a couple tracks on youtube and I like most about the music, but same complaint I have about Anthrax - the vocals are way too hair metal
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2019 at 2:53am
Originally posted by Triceratopsoil Triceratopsoil wrote:

Sampled a couple tracks on youtube and I like most about the music, but same complaint I have about Anthrax - the vocals are way too hair metal

Not Blitz from Overkill you are talking about? Not much hair metal about his vocals. He´s got a pretty damn rusty snarl.

On another note, it´s great to see you are back to reviewing. It´s been quiet for a while with few people contributing reviews.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2019 at 11:43am
I was listening to Taking Over and that was the impression I got... I'll try another album Smile
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2019 at 11:44am
Now I just need to muster the motivation to actually review albums I don't love instead of just 4-5 star ones 
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 12:30am
There's a new Vaura album coming out on my birthday this year
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 12:39am
The last time I was chatting to Toby in the Old Nags Head pub, he did say something like, “That reminds me Chris, Colin’s birthday is coming up. 😉
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 1:21am
LOL
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 2:04am
Never heard of Vaura before! Will have to check' em out.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 11:23am

Never heard of Vaura before! Will have to check' em out.

supergroup-ish side project, roughly post metal but pretty varied stuff, much more accessible than Kayo Dot

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 280281282283284 327>
  Share Topic