MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Metal Up Your Ass and all that Jazz Room V2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 279280281282283 327>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 9:44am
Went to see this show last night:

Slayer
Lamb of God
Anthrax
Obituary.

Pretty nice lineup and a great show. Not the best Slayer show I have seen, but still solid. It was their first show with Phil Demmel after Gary Holt had to return to the states.
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2018 at 2:31am
Ive become a recent fan of Paul Gilbert, a wonderful musician.
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 12:49pm
I've had some powerful dreams last night. I can't seem to talk about it w/o coming to tears. It seems kind of silly. Has it ever happened to anyone on here before?
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 1:24pm
Wonderful dreams eh...sure. Doesn´t happen often enough, but when they do it´s damn nice. Some dreams are just bat shit crazy, and talking about dreams, that´s not always a bad thing.
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 2:39pm
^Yeah, it's crazy! A lot of the imagery was recognizable and I guess it just got to me! Those dreams you just don't forget!
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 2:50pm
Saw this for the first time:

It's quite magical!LOL
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 12:21pm
It’s a great video. I hadn’t seen it either.
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2019 at 12:24am
hilarious and very well done 

Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 2:18pm
Wish I had more friends on Steam willing to play the same kind of multiplayer games as me! :/
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 1:04am
Anyone remember Stephen Gammell's illustrations in the 'Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark' books?:

The guy should be the illustrator of death metal album covers or something.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 9:42am
Anyone here ever feel that customer service assistants are actively trying to piss you off? I'm so sick of getting excuses for not helping to a satisfactory level that don't even make sense. 

Today I've been forced to decide that I will never do business with musicMagpie ever again because of this kind of thing. I've given that company chance after chance and they manage to fuck up time and time again either by sending products in terrible condition (I know people must knowingly sell them DVDs and CDs that don't work but come on, there's a good chance a disc which is scratched all to hell is going to be no fucking good) or their CS just making excuses for not helping, like they can't be arsed to do their job and actually sort an issue out. 

Here's today's latest one that has proven the last straw. Paraphrased from a number of message exchanges: 

'We can't replace your order because we don't have any stock for replacements. The copies listed for sale currently* are only for other people to purchase.'

What kind of bullshit is that to feed to someone who must have bought at least 50 DVDs (possibly closer to 100) from them in the last year alone? It's either in stock or it isn't and it clearly is. 

I'm doubly angry because I was half way through the movie when it became unplayable (in what appeared to be pivotal scene, no less) so not only is that over an hour wasted my head just keeps spinning wondering what happened next. I'll find it hard to get into another film now. I always do when something like this happens. I'll probably have to re-watch something I've seen before and know I like to be able to get into another film until the placement DVD bought from somewhere else arrives. 

I actually wonder if I have undiagnosed OCD or something like that because this kind of thing just drives me absolutely crazy and makes me irrationally angry. I do have other known OCD symptoms, such as obsessively re-ordering my DVDs and CDs - I recently tried a new system for my CDs other than ABC ordered and it drove me so nuts that I had to get them all down and spend hours re-ordering them back to alphabetical again. I've never had it formally diagnosed because it's always been just a simple desire for things to be neat and organised or done in a certain way, but recently I've started to worry about it as things have started to bother me more than my mind says they reasonably should - it's actually why when I do the best of year vote I ask everyone to list their submissions the same way. It's not all about it just making it quicker. It does, but it shouldn't actually be as much of an issue for me as it is. 

Sorry, I didn't mean to lay this out here like this when I started this post. I just suddenly needed to put it out there and tell someone about how I've been feeling lately. I have tried to broach the subject in real life with my family but I just get told I'm being silly. Perhaps I am. Either way, I do feel a bit better for just putting this post out there. So back to topic, I recommend avoiding musicMagpie. I hear they're actually worse in regard to selling them stuff (especially old phones). 

Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 9:50am
That’s appalling service, Adam. As far as OCD goes, my step brother had it. Made him really ill. It’s no laughing matter or something to be dismissed lightly. Obviously some have it worse than others but go and speak to your GP. They’ll put you in touch with someone. It’s a really common condition, they’ll be very used to questions on it. Good luck mate.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 11:48am
I wish it was that easy. My local practice was bought out by three of its doctors a while back, who completely changed the system of how appointments work. We can't have a specific doctor any more and we also can't just book an appointment over the phone or even in advance. You have to go down there at opening time in the morning and join the queue of who knows how many people and hope that there is still an appointment available by the time it's your turn to be seen and that itself is now problematic as it's the receptionist - who isn't a trained professional in any way - who actually decides whether you will be permitted to see someone at all. You have to stand there in the reception/waiting room where anyone can hear you and explain your problem (which I'm certainly not comfortable doing for this - I wouldn't even be comfortable telling someone untrained like that at all, audience or not) and hope they decide you're worthy of an appointment with an actual doctor. It's an altogether bullshit setup which has apparently resulted in more than one argument with the receptionist - it's a 'don't talk, don't see a doctor situation'.
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 11:58am
^Sounds like a completely ridiculous system, and not fair to patients at all. What you talk to your doctor about should be between you and your doctor...and no one else.

OCD is indeed a very common issue, and can be unpleasant to varies degrees for the ones suffering from it. We´ve probably all seen documentaries with people obsessively washing their hands, or people WHO check if the door is locked ten times, before going out, but there are milder forms too, which can also be an issue to the person who has it. It doesn´t necessarily mean you are ill or need treatment (sometimes talking about it and hearing that others also have symptoms or partial symptoms is enough to learn to deal with it), but if it bothers you, you should definitely see a doctor and hear his professional opinion.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

^Sounds like a completely ridiculous system, and not fair to patients at all. What you talk to your doctor about should be between you and your doctor...and no one else.

It gets worse than that with their changes to the system.

My Dad is Type 2 diabetic so he has regular prescriptions to keep it under control. When they changed the system, they decided that all patients needed to have a 'review' of what they were receiving, which wouldn't be an issue - except they didn't say a fucking word to my Dad about it. So there he is one morning, expecting to be able to get the meds he literally needs, and the chemist refuses to hand them over because he hasn't had this review that until that point he has been told absolutely nothing about. 

As you might expect, he got irate about this, and ended up getting verbally reprimanded by the practice manager. 

Edited by adg211288 - 12 Feb 2019 at 12:18pm
GG2U

666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 2:52am
MusicMagpie is weird because they seem to have an overall good reputation but is also somewhat infamous for not actually grading their media items (literally everything on ebay is sold as 'Very Good') and also for not paying out anywhere near the quoted amount when they are sold tech items like phones. If you research around you'll find lots of complaints about them inventing damage in order to pay less than quoted. It's not bullshit unfortunately, one of my friend's sold his old phone to them and had this happen. He refused the lower offer and they sent the phone back in exactly the same condition as he sent it and accurately described it. 

As for your possible OCD Adam, like Chris and Jonas have said you really should be seen by someone. What may just be written off as quirks at first can affect your life in the long term. 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 3:17am
At the moment it's more or less manageable. I had a bad time yesterday but I feel like I was 'set off' by that musicMagie customer service assistant and their refusal to help (it was the same one who only a couple of weeks ago fed me excuses for not sending an order at all, which didn't help the matter). My need to finish a film before starting another and their refusal to replace the disc actually sent me into a kind of nervous panic that I have never felt before, like I didn't know what to do with myself. I don't know if that would have happened if the title wasn't still listed as in stock, because this didn't happen when the same issue occurred with a DVD I'd bought in a second hand shop a few months ago and there was nothing I could do about it except go online and get another copy delivered as soon as possible. It was that CS person refusing to replace it that caused a problem that has given me my first real concern. To my mind, the title still being available meant that they should follow their returns promise and get me another copy sent as soon as humanly possible. I went into a kind of meltdown when they refused. I am worried about that, but it is helping just posting this here. 
GG2U

Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 10:16pm
Kinda wish I wasn't the only one in my circle of friends who listened to all this awesome metal music! Alas, it is what it is!
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 11:52am
Oh crap not again. Why do DVDs always wait until you're half way through (or further) the fucking film before going wrong? Angry An absolutely pristine looking disc as well. Another time a disc that is scratched to all hell will play flawlessly. There's something to be said for going 100% digital, except for the price.

Also why does this always happen with the best films? If a movie was crap I'd just say sod it and wouldn't give a shit, but this always happens to me with highly rated movies like Withnail & I, The Master, Insomnia and now today 12 Angry Men, all movies that I'd been anticipating seeing for a while when I picked them up. 

No online store to complain to this time, second hand shop purchase. Luckily it was bought in a 5 for £1 bundle so I've only lost 20p, though it's going to cost me to replace the film (surprise surprise, not on Prime or Netflix). Luckily it's only £3.99 new on Prime to replace it, though of course they can't do one day delivery when that would actually be useful (since as I explained in my earlier posts, I have real issues with not finishing a film). And it's another hour of my life down the toilet due to defective DVDs, which is what pisses me off the most. 
GG2U

666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 12:11pm
It's because DVDs play from the center going out to the edge and the edge is more likely to receive damage that will stop the disc from playing correctly. A design flaw IMO as I too would prefer a disc to fail early on if it's going to before I'm invested in a movie. Also the data on a disc is actually closer to the label side so the lack of visible damage on the underside doesn't always guarantee it's going to work. They're temperamental little buggers.

You'll find a number of sources for cleaning them to try online to fix a skipping or freezing disc, none of which have ever actually worked for me. 

12 Angry Men is a classic though, well worth spending £3.99 for a brand new copy. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 279280281282283 327>
  Share Topic