MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Metal Up Your Ass and all that Jazz Room V2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 319320321322323 328>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2010 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by J-Man J-Man wrote:

Originally posted by Time Signature Time Signature wrote:

Zealously negative reviews are often hilarious.

They're even sometimes as funny as angry fanboy rants. Tongue

Yeah. But which category of fanboy rants are you referring to?
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2010 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by Time Signature Time Signature wrote:

They're even sometimes as funny as angry fanboy rants. Tongue
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2010 at 5:05pm
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2010 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by Stooge Stooge wrote:

I just submitted a review of DT's Falling into Infinity, and found a rather funny review of the same album on rateyourmusic titled "!!! LEAST FAVORITE ALBUM ALERT !!" LOL.

http://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/dream_theater/falling_into_infinity/

Funny review. LOL I love this quote...

"Now for starters the album title rhymes with "losing my virginity" which is something a clever nerd with a dragon fetish would definitely come up with."
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2010 at 12:03pm
I just submitted a review of DT's Falling into Infinity, and found a rather funny review of the same album on rateyourmusic titled "!!! LEAST FAVORITE ALBUM ALERT !!" LOL.

http://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/dream_theater/falling_into_infinity/

Edited by Stooge - 15 Nov 2010 at 12:04pm
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2010 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by Pekka Pekka wrote:

hope I didn't miss much around here.

Is that technically possible? Tongue
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2010 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

Congrats on the Argos' win.

They haven't played that well since the first third of the season despite the lack of points on the scoreboard.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors and Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2010 at 7:26pm
Congrats on the Argos' win.
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2010 at 7:07pm
Some great football games in Canada tonight!

The Toronto Argonauts won a close defensive battle over the Hamilton Tiger Cats 16-13.  Toronto plays against Montreal next week.  Toronto played to their strengths today, going with a shorter passing attack and giving running back Cory Boyd plenty of touches.

The Saskatchewan Roughriders beat the B.C. Lions 41-38 in double overtime.  Saskatchewan plays against Calgary next week.  B.C.'s quarterback, Travis Lulay, played a great game.

Edited by Stooge - 14 Nov 2010 at 7:08pm
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2010 at 4:31pm
Midlake was brilliant Heart

I was away for the weekend visiting grandparents, brothers, cousins and whatnot, hope I didn't miss much around here.
<- Click on this!
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2010 at 10:10am
Originally posted by Vehemency Vehemency wrote:

8000 bands in the database, looking good!

Thumbs Up

The Canadian Football League playoffs start today!  The Toronto Argonauts will be in Hamilton to play the Tiger-Cats, and the BC Lions play the Saskatchewan Roughriders in Saskatoon.  The East and West division champs, Montreal and Calgary, meet the winners of each of these games next week.

The Argos haven't beat Hamilton all year (except for during preseason), so I'm expecting they will lose.  But anything can happen in the playoffs (hopefully!).

Metalbaswee View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metalbaswee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2010 at 4:59am
Originally posted by Vehemency Vehemency wrote:

Yeah! Which also means i still have a shit load of mp3's to upload.

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2010 at 4:49am
YeahClap
Vehemency View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vehemency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2010 at 4:15am
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2010 at 3:25pm
I've always been a sports junkie, but I am typically American in not having ever been a soccer (European football) fan.  Although I do watch matches from time to time, and quite enjoyed indoor soccer when there was a team here in the area.  

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2010 at 3:07pm
Yeah it also took me a while to get into. I wasn�t interested in sports at all before I was in my early twenties. Until then I had never seen a football match live on the stadium. All my energy while I was in my teens went into writing and playing music, going to concerts, drinking lots of beer and the occassional school workSmile. in fact I despised the idiots that would spend time watching sports. What a waste of time is what I thought back then. The drummer I used to play with, who was also a very good friend of mine back from my childhood, was so much into football that he simply didn�t show up at rehearsals when the Danish National Team played one of their matches, which to me and the rest of the band was an unforgivable sinLOL. I guess I would be the unforgivable sinner todayBig smile. Naahh come to think of it, I still think I would chose playing with my band over a football match any day. That�s if I had a functional band these days. I have a melodic/ proggy rock project going on and have had for the last 10 years or more, but family and work is a very disturbing factor. My rock star dreams will have to wait until I get old.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2010 at 2:48pm
That sounds complicated. 
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2010 at 2:40pm
It�s two seperate tournaments. The Cup is where all Danish teams ( also from lower leagues) participate. It�s a knockout tournament. If you lose a game you�re out. The winner will not only win a trophy but also qualify directly for Euro league which is quite a big economic boost.

The more "regular" tournament is for the Danish Championship and is played over 33 rounds ( 12 teams playing against each other 3 times) from August to June. 3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw and zero for a lost game. The two teams that end last in the league after 33 rounds are relegated to the second best league in Denmark, which results in quite fatal economic consequences for most clubs. Right now as far as I recall it�s the three or four best teams in the league that qualify for European Football. The league winner qualifies for Champions League while the rest qualifies for Euro League.

The threat of relegation really keeps the clubs and the players on their toes and I think it makes for some really entertaining matches both when playing against relegation and when playing for places in the big European contests. There�s a lot at stake.

Edited by UMUR - 11 Nov 2010 at 2:44pm
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2010 at 1:56pm
Sorry to hear that.  How does that work, that they are out of the running for the Danish Cup and yet they are still playing on Sunday? 
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2010 at 1:45pm
Damn my football team just lost 3 - 0 and we�re out of the Danish Cup. We were among the last 8 teams so it�s a bitter defeat.Cry

We have a match against the local rivals from FC Nordsj�lland coming up on Sunday. They�ve never beaten us, so maybe we�ll get lucky there. My wife is working this weekend so I probably won�t have time to go to the match myself if I can�t find a babysitter for the kids.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 319320321322323 328>
  Share Topic