MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Metal Up Your Ass and all that Jazz Room V2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 328>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2023 at 7:59am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

I wouldn't call myself a fan of Greta Van Fleet personally but they seem okay from what I've heard. My family in the US are big fans but my Dad can't stand them and absolutely vehemently refutes any comparison to Led Zep. Tongue

My daughter loves them and has seen them twice. A big improvement on her usual rubbish. I think they're okay but the latest album seems the weakest of the 3 so far.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2023 at 2:26am
Too many gigs out there and not enough money and time to see them all.
Saw Extreme / Living Colour last week and both were superb. Living Colour shuffled onto the stage, hestitated and then the drum riff from Led Zep's rock-n'roll kicked in and they had the audience in the palm of their hands. Great stuff. 
My youngest has me along at a metalcore gig (4 bands) on Monday. Fit For A King and Emmure I know but not the ther two. Should be good and loud :-)
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2023 at 1:49am
I´m maybe going to see Dawn of Demise tonight, but it´ll be a last minute decision, and hopefully if it happens there are still tickets to buy.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2023 at 12:43pm
I wouldn't call myself a fan of Greta Van Fleet personally but they seem okay from what I've heard. My family in the US are big fans but my Dad can't stand them and absolutely vehemently refutes any comparison to Led Zep. Tongue
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2023 at 2:12pm
Pretty unapologetic with their influences. Throw in a bit of Rush and you're close Wink I must admit though, I really enjoyed them.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2023 at 9:35am
^I´ve only read about them and heard a few tracks. Aren´t they like the contemporary version of Led Zeppelin or something like that?
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2023 at 2:18am
A mate had a spare ticket for Greta Van Fleet. Not a band I knew too much about although I have the 2021 album. Really good show and a surprisingly diverse audience even for a rock show.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2023 at 1:24pm
Yeah, it sounds better than Firepower already.
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2023 at 10:02am
Gotta say, I'm pretty excited for the upcoming new JP album:
I've already heard the two singles from it so far and was impressed. Can't Wait!
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2023 at 8:12am
^ Go for it! LOL
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2023 at 2:03am
Originally posted by Nightfly Nightfly wrote:

LOL Those days of heavy drinking are well behind me now.

I´m in a place right now in my life, where my children don´t need me much anymore. They live their own lives and I just make sure they get their clothes washed and cook for them, but other than that I seldom see them, so I have quite a bit of freetime on my hands, and as I´ve always loved going to concerts and football games and drinking beers, I´m doing that with increased intensity. Some people my age buy a sportscar and fuck the secretary....I just want to drink beers and hear some good music LOL.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2023 at 4:11pm
Well shit. Just watched the rugby world cup final. Well done South Africa, but what a shit-awful game! The rules of rugby are completely fucked at the moment, and referee interpretations have too much influence on the game.

Still, the All Blacks weren't expected to get anywhere near the final, so there's that. Bring on the next World Cup!
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2023 at 3:46pm
LOL Those days of heavy drinking are well behind me now.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2023 at 2:19am
I went to see Lord Dying yesterday in Copenhagen, at one of the smallest venues I´ve yet been to. I think there was maybe 60-70 people tops in the audience and the room was relatively packed...so yeah it was a very small venue.

The bill was:

Lord Dying
Blind Monarch
Cestode

I didn´t see Cestode, but entered the venue halfway through Blind Monarch set, and they were great live. Ultra heavy doom/sludge metal with a screaming frontman. The scene was so small that he performed on the floor among the audience. Lord Dying was incredible. I´ve seen them once before, but I don´t really know much of their music, but they are a great live band. My and me mate had a talk with the drummer after the show, because we had tell him how great we thought he played. What a fantastic drummer that one.

So it was a nice show and I´ll definitely go see Lord Dying again if they come to Denmark.

The only downside is that today I have the most ridiculous hangover. The room is spinning and I´m not sure the content of my stomach will stay where it is. Holy shit...the amount of beers and drinks that went down my throat last night will sometime in the future be called legendary...
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2023 at 5:07pm
Our government has swung back to the right, but it's still well to the left of the UK tories and the US Democrats.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2023 at 8:18am
Wish we were having a general election. 13 years of the Tory shitshow have brought this Country to its knees.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2023 at 1:41am
Yeah, I think we both rate pretty well in the functional democracy department.Wink

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2023 at 12:33am
Yeah I´m always hearing all sorts of horrible election day stories from around the world, with murders, bombs, threats, and of course election cheating, and therefore praise the fact that I actually live in a "real" democracy, with protected rights and a well functioning legal system.

Edited by UMUR - 14 Oct 2023 at 12:33am
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2023 at 4:26pm
Election day today! Can't legally express political opinions online on election day, but most people are predicting a change of government.

Just went and voted and it was so easy and quick. I wish it was the same for everyone else around the world.
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2023 at 2:45pm
Boy am I fucking pickled right now! Had about 3 cosmopolitans and have been downing shots afterwards ever since! Must've drained a good chunk of a 1.75 liter bottle of vodka already. I think it's safe to say sleep will come easy for me tonight(which is good, cause I'm an insomniac).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 328>
  Share Topic