MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Metal Up Your Ass and all that Jazz Room V2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 328>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2024 at 9:31am
My COVID-19 contamination came from being on board an away game fan bus to see my local football team play. It was one hell of a drunken ride and game, but half the bus caught the virus, so it was probably one of the most contagious variations. It was back on late 2021. I haven´t caught it since, which is a blessing since I already have issues with my lungs, and the COVID thing defnitely didn´t make things better.

...but yeah of course an Obituary show was worth the pain...duh Big smile
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2024 at 1:05am
^ never had it myself. About the only person I know personally who hasn't. Hope you feel better soon. I'm sure Obituary were worth the pain LOL
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2024 at 8:13pm
And it looks like I've got a hangover from Obituary. I was feeling a bit sick yesterday and then tested positive for COVID today. It's the first time I've had it too. On top of that, we're in the middle of a summer heatwave, so I'm hot as well as feeling like shit. Oh well, it could be worse.Smile

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2024 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

^Sounds great.

Looks like a very small venue with few people in the audience for the support acts, but maybe more showed up for Obituary?

Capacity of about 400. And it was jam packed for Obituary. The frontman for Psycroptic did a good job of getting people going though. From just standing around watching, there was a pretty good moshpit going by the end of their set. I jumped into it a few seconds after I took the video.Wink
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2024 at 2:45am
I´m contemplating going to this show on Saturday: https://pumpehuset.dk/koncerter/extremely-rotten-death-metal-vol-20/

But I haven´t decided yet and there are still tickets for sale, so I´m probably not in a hurry.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2024 at 2:44am
^Sounds great.

Looks like a very small venue with few people in the audience for the support acts, but maybe more showed up for Obituary?
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2024 at 11:06pm
Saw Obituary last night...

And Psycroptic...

And local band Utilize The Remains...

Edited by Vim Fuego - 06 Jan 2024 at 11:08pm
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2023 at 10:49pm
The usual eating good food meeting family :-).

I´m meeting more family today for a lunch, and then hopefully I can spend the rest of the day and the evening on my couch watching boxing day premier League football with my son. Of course Wolves already played on the 24th and won home against Chelsea (Wolves is my son´s team other than our local team here in Lyngby, so we follow them at our house), so I´m not sure they are playing today already, but there are always interesting matches to watch.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2023 at 3:29pm
Hope everyone had a great Christmas day. Looking forward to a lie in on Boxing day before the hoards descend on us.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2023 at 4:48am
Originally posted by Vim Fuego Vim Fuego wrote:

Originally posted by Bosh66 Bosh66 wrote:

Tickets booked for Slipknot for next December

I've got a ticket for Obituary and Psycroptic in January. Then we've got Carcass and Black Dahlia Murder coming in April. Probably not a huge deal anywhere else, but when you live on a silly little island so far from the rest of the world, this is huge news!Smile

Only ones I haven´t seen out of those are Psycroptic, but I definitely wouldn´t mind seing them.

I have yet to see Black Dahlia without Trevor, but hopefully they are able to carry on without him. The Black Dahlia shows I´ve seen in the past have been awesome. Such a powerful, energetic, and well playing live act.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2023 at 1:19am
Can’t go wrong with a Christmas tune 😁 Merry Christmas all!

Edited by Bosh66 - 25 Dec 2023 at 1:20am
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2023 at 1:39pm
Merry Christmas wherever you are! Hope you're having a good one! Here's a Christmas song from New Zealand:

(And for anyone who doesn't know what a Mark III is, it's a Ford Zephyr Mark III).
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2023 at 2:01pm
Only seen Carcass out of them but would happily watch them all. Wife is dropping hints that I’m pretty much at my quota for 2024 already 🙄
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2023 at 10:19am

I've got a ticket for Obituary and Psycroptic in January. Then we've got Carcass and Black Dahlia Murder coming in April. Probably not a huge deal anywhere else, but when you live on a silly little island so far from the rest of the world, this is huge news!Smile
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2023 at 4:07am
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2023 at 1:01am
So had a metalcore night in Manchester with Fit For A King/Emmure/Thrown/Gloom In The Corner on the bill. Had to leave half way through FFAK's set (which was really good) as trains were being cancelled. Seems half the network isn't running due to staff illness. The alternative was getting home in the early hours and having three hours sleep before work. Can't do it at my age LOL
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2023 at 9:40am
^ Sounds like a good night out. Thumbs Up
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2023 at 5:00am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

I´m maybe going to see Dawn of Demise tonight, but it´ll be a last minute decision, and hopefully if it happens there are still tickets to buy.

So a last minute call was made, and I went to see Dawn of Demise. It took about an hour on the bus and I had to walk for about 30 minutes to get from the bus to the venue, because there is a huge tram project going on in the part of the outskirts of Copenhagen where I live and where the venue is situated which makes it very difficult to travel between the two places.

So I got to the venue about 10 minutes before Dawn of Demise entered the stage. Great show from one of Denmarks premier league death metal acts...and Ricters is a great venue too. It´s the first time I´ve been there and I was impressed...and they had cheap beer and drinkts too :-)

Edited by UMUR - 10 Dec 2023 at 5:04am
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2023 at 11:23am
Which must have been a great gig. LC were really good but so was Extreme, now Nuno and Cherone seem to be mates again. 
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2023 at 8:02am

Too many gigs out there and not enough money and time to see them all.
Saw Extreme / Living Colour last week and both were superb. Living Colour shuffled onto the stage, hestitated and then the drum riff from Led Zep's rock-n'roll kicked in and they had the audience in the palm of their hands. Great stuff. 
My youngest has me along at a metalcore gig (4 bands) on Monday. Fit For A King and Emmure I know but not the ther two. Should be good and loud :-)

I'm regretting not going to see Extreme and Living Colour, especially the latter. I did see Vernon Reid once when he was guitarist for Jack Bruce.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 328>
  Share Topic