MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Report bugs here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Duplicate album - can't delete

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Duplicate album - can't delete
    Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 9:20am
There is a duplicate album on this profile: http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/artist/blaspheme

Unfortunately I can't delete it as clicking on it redirects to the second copy, which by Sod's Law is the one with a rating, which would be lost if I deleted that one instead.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 9:28am
I had exactly the same proble with a Killswitch Engage album when I got to that entry. Couldn't figure it out. For some reason Thatcher just went ahead and deleted and everything turned out okay!?
666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 11:52am
So you think I should just chance it and delete the entry I can get to? It would be a shame to lose the rating if it goes pear-shaped. I know it's only one, but there are a lot of entries with precious few ratings so even one would be a loss. And I don't think the member who left it is around anymore.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 11:56am
I did wonder if I could just rename the one that can be reached to get to the other one, but that didn't work. Still redirects. Disapprove

I'll forward this to M@X (unless you already did so Chris?), he should be able to fix this without losing the rating. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 9:44am
Got another one:

http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/album/limelight/limelight

A second self-titled album marked as 1990 redirects to the real album from 1980. Again, the one with the rating is the one that can be accessed, so I don't want to just delete it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic