MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >Tech Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Favourite Music Format

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Which way do you prefer to listen to music?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
4 [57.14%]
3 [42.86%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Favourite Music Format
    Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 12:13pm
So which format do you like best and use the most?

My collection is a mixture of vinyl and Cd's though vinyl gets my vote. Cd's are more convenient but you can't beat a good quality vinyl pressing for sound quality. This is not the rule however as I have albums that sound better on Cd.

The other thing I love about vinyl is the larger cover art - much better than a little booklet in a plastic case, though in recent years it has to be said that many Cd limited editions have much improved packaging, mediabooks etc.

aglasshouse View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aglasshouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 12:35pm
I enjoy collecting all of the different mediums that music provides, and they all mean something different to me and provide different listening experiences. As for my favorite or the one I enjoy the most, it would definitely be vinyl. This is mostly because I've always found as a music collector that finding vinyls for a cheap price and giving it a spin is one of the best feelings ever. I will admit that CDs and cassettes are not far behind.
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 12:41pm
Digital is the hot shit.

All kidding aside, I enjoy CD's, cassettes, and vinyl. They all have their ups and downs, but I probably like CD's best simply because they are more convenient when it comes to portability and you can easily skip a track without rewinding or moving a needle. However, cassettes and vinyl are perfectly fine if I'm listening to a full album.

Edited by Unitron - 26 Jun 2015 at 12:47pm
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 12:54pm
Interesting to see you guys mention cassettes. it's not a format I've ever bought music on but I had loads I taped myself - in fact i still have quite a few but they never get played these days.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 1:24pm
CD's. I'm sure vinyl are very nice and all but not practical for me. They also seem to cost more in my experience, that's if you can even get everything you want on vinyl these days.
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 2:07pm
^ vinyl is certainly more expensive but i think most albums are getting a vinyl release  again now (who'd have thought it!) though many seem to be limited editions.
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 2:25pm
Vinyl is my favourite, but I listen to mp3 most often for the convenience (usually ripped from my CDs at 320kbps, which is perfectly listenable)
aglasshouse View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aglasshouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 2:39pm
I usually consider general Mp3s not as a music format but something to access other things (like vinyls, CDs, cassettes, and other things ripped onto a computer to listen to). I think that most formats are universal in the way that they can all be transferred into Mp3 form. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic