MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Scariest Movie scenes ever!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtomicCrimsonRush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scariest Movie scenes ever!
    Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 9:28am
Posted this on another forum but here may get some different reactions...

What are the scariest movie scenes you have seen?

I have trouble watching anything supernatural or horror these days but I have seen some images in movies that have stayed with me for years.

1. Se7en - the scene where the drugged up man jumps up from the bed and screams is one image I hope I never see again.

2. Psycho - the shower scene is my first shock in movies - the violins are chilling - creepy screams too.

3. Ring - when the girl crawls out of the TV I had to look away.

4. Sixth Sense - whole film is creepy but the girl under the sheets vomiting orange cordial is undeniably the chiller!

5. Signs - alien at the birthday party is great - the reaction of the kids and the realism is stunning.

6. Fatal Attraction - she jumps out of the bath with the knife even tho she was under and assumed dead for a few seconds.

7. Event Horizon - now we are into sheer terror - the scenes where the crew are dismembered and tortured by demons stayed with me for months. The screams are horrific.

8. Exorcist - any scene with the possessed girl are enough to make me run.

9. Blair Witch - the ending image never left my conscious.

10. I cant remember the name of the movie but a scene where a nurse is in a hall and a ghost is creeping up.... I switched off very quickly.

So there you go... scenes that scare me to death.

Now you mention your personal scary scenes
GLAM METAL!
SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 9:30am
i watched signs when i was  9 
my first real scary movie. scared the hell out of me 

blair witch was an odd movie 
never scared me much 

i like to laugh at horror movies. the production on them is usually awful

LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 9:35am
A movie that creeped me out a couple of years ago was an 80s horror called The Entity. The movie isn't that horrifying, but the idea of an invisible entity torturing a woman (anyone for that matter) is pretty scary. The scenes are very well done, the acting was great. It's the idea of total helplessness that scares.
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 11:25am
Most of Eraserhead was pretty messed up.  Not exactly a horror movie, but to say it's disturbing is an understatement.
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 11:42am
Originally posted by AtomicCrimsonRush AtomicCrimsonRush wrote:

9. Blair Witch - the ending image never left my conscious.

This. The first time I watched Blair Witch was on a sunny day with friends, was kind of nice but ultimately meh scary-wise.

The second time I watched it alone in a dark room. Boy oh boy was it better.
<- Click on this!
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 12:09pm
what was so scary about the ending of Blair Witch? What am I missing here?
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 12:13pm
I've seen almost all of the movies mentioned in the opening post and then some, and Blair Witch strikes me as the only genuinely frightening film. It's probably the cheap documentary feel that makes the difference, makes it feel real and easy to immerse in. The ending is just weird and distressing.
<- Click on this!
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 12:18pm
I recommend the Thai horror film Shutter. One of the best horror for me; it's creepy, sometimes scary and well filmed and directed.

The American remake was terrible.
Zargus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zargus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2011 at 9:21pm
I allso tought Blair Witch project was very chilling i havent watched it for a long time, but i remeber it very well. Another one that comes to mind whuld be Pet sematery, when the litle boy comes back, i watched that when i was much yunger and hade sleeping problems for a long time. When i was even yunger i watched litle of Gremlins and that gave me even worse sleeping problems. Tongue
http://www.riseaboverecords.com/wp-content/uploads/BLOOD-CEREMONY-new-2016.jpg
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic