MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

disturbed hiatus

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: disturbed hiatus
    Posted: 22 Apr 2015 at 12:17pm
i love the band disturbed and i so badly want this stupid ass hiatus to end. I mean they are one of my favs and this hiatus has been going on since 2011. so, you think this hiatus would have ended by now. but it hasn't. i have been craving new music from them for ages now but it seems like we will never see them get back together ever again. 
what do you guys think? do you even care? do you think all their albums sound the same?
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2015 at 12:24pm
I love Disturbed as well, not a big fan of The Sickness, but I love all their albums from Believe onward. I do really like Draiman's side-project Device, so there is that. I would love to see them make another album, but I'd rather them take their time to make one awesome album instead of a couple rushed albums.
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2015 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by Unitron Unitron wrote:

Ibut I'd rather them take their time to make one awesome album instead of a couple rushed albums.
i understand what you mean, but , the band hasn't even gotten back together yet and it has been almost 5 years. i think the band has had more than enough time away from disturbed  to write a new album. hell maybe in all this rime away from disturbed they have some new ideas they didn't have before.

Edited by vmoore - 22 Apr 2015 at 2:09pm
Dobbie03 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dobbie03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2015 at 12:54am
I don't mean to offend anyone and I am breaking my rule of "if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing" but I couldn't help myself, Disturbed are like a boil on my arse.  One of the worst "metal" bands I have encountered.

I don't want to start a flame war but I don't understand how so many people like this band.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2015 at 2:19am
Originally posted by Dobbie03 Dobbie03 wrote:

I don't mean to offend anyone and I am breaking my rule of "if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing" but I couldn't help myself, Disturbed are like a boil on my arse.  One of the worst "metal" bands I have encountered.

I don't want to start a flame war but I don't understand how so many people like this band.

Ha ha I contemplated writing something in the same vein, but changed my mind (something about a hurrah for an indefinite hiatus). I guess we both come off as a bit ignorant with opinions like that Tongue.

I don´t know if it´s a generation thing too (I´ve noticed we´re about the same age), but there´s a lot of metal music released in the late nineties/early 00s that I have a hard time relating to. Call it NU-metal or what you want, I usually don´t appreciate the angst filled approach of many of those artists. And the flirtation with pop and especially rap doesn´t go Down well with me either. There are exceptions though and in retrospect I´ve found out that I actually enjoy an artists like System of a Down quite a bit, even though I didn´t back then.

Edited by UMUR - 23 Apr 2015 at 2:21am
Dobbie03 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dobbie03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2015 at 2:30am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Originally posted by Dobbie03 Dobbie03 wrote:

Ha ha I contemplated writing something in the same vein, but changed my mind (something about a hurrah for an indefinite hiatus). I guess we both come off as a bit ignorant with opinions like that Tongue.

I don´t know if it´s a generation thing too (I´ve noticed we´re about the same age), but there´s a lot of metal music released in the late nineties/early 00s that I have a hard time relating to. Call it NU-metal or what you want, I usually don´t appreciate the angst filled approach of many of those artists. And the flirtation with pop and especially rap doesn´t go Down well with me either. There are exceptions though and in retrospect I´ve found out that I actually enjoy an artists like System of a Down quite a bit, even though I didn´t back then.

Yeah it could be considered a bit of an ignorant opinion, but this is a band I have listened to a fair number of times it's not like I have heard just a couple of songs on the radio.  I really don't appreciate them at all, and I get we all have different tastes.  I hope I haven't offended anyone because I know music taste is like your political opinion, its a pretty personal thing. 

I guess you are right it will be a generation thing, I don't know any Metalheads my age that like Disturbed.

System are another band I don't get either.  There are some things that are meant to be together, like oxygen and breathing Tongue, rap and metal aren't one of those things.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2015 at 2:33am
^Well as you can read from my Body Count review on the FrontPage, I kind of enjoy them, but usually yeah Rap and metal aren´t two musical styles which should be combined. At least not if you want to cater to my ears LOL.
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2015 at 2:36am

^Well as you can read from my Body Count review on the FrontPage, I kind of enjoy them, but usually yeah Rap and metal aren´t two musical styles which should be combined. At least not if you want to cater to my ears LOL.

I agree, Rage Against the Machine is the only rap metal band I enjoy. Although I do think Pain of Salvation combined it well on Scarsick. I am a bit confused though with System being mentioned along with rap, I've never heard any rap in SoaD

Edited by Unitron - 23 Apr 2015 at 2:45am
Dobbie03 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dobbie03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2015 at 2:43am

I have attempted Body Count but seeing Ice T on tv has really put a strange edge to the music....not sure why.

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2015 at 3:01am

Yeah I get that. It´s somehow hard to relate to singers who are actors too. I´ve only seen half an episode of the crime sceries Ice I is in (I´m not big on crime/police tv-series), so it´s not a problem for me.

Edited by UMUR - 23 Apr 2015 at 3:04am
Dobbie03 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dobbie03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2015 at 3:03am

Yeah I get that. It´s somehow hard to relate to singers who are actors too. I´ve only seen half an episode of the crime sceries Ice I is in (I´m not big on crime/police tv-series), so it´s not a problem for me.

I'm not a big fan either, but Ice T is definitely the coolest character in that show :D

Edited by UMUR - 23 Apr 2015 at 3:04am
Be excellent to each other.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2015 at 3:03am
Originally posted by Unitron Unitron wrote:

I agree, Rage Against the Machine is the only rap metal band I enjoy. Although I do think Pain of Salvation combined it well on Scarsick. I am a bit confused though with System being mentioned along with rap, I've never heard any rap in SoaD

I don´t think the rap meets metal comment was meant for SoaD Smile
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2015 at 10:51am
^Whoops, I must have misunderstood
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic