MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Help us improve the site
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HTML tags ( italic, Bold...etc.)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HTML tags ( italic, Bold...etc.)
    Posted: 13 Oct 2010 at 2:00am
I started another thread for this subject a couple of months back, but I can�t find it, so sorry for the spamEmbarrassed.

Last time I asked if HTML tags like the ones we�re able to use in our reviews on PA, would be an option here on MMA, Phil ( or Max) told me that they might sometime in the future. Now I don�t know how many other people use these tags but it�s a big part of how I write reviews. I use the tags to stress something or make song titles and names stand out in the review. Without the tags I find that my reviews don�t have as much impact and sometimes the songtitles mesh with the regular text. Now I could of course start using other methods like "songtitle" and BOLD letters for names but the tags really makes those reviews look great IMO and I don�t want to change the way I write reviews if the tags will become available at some point. There�s also the matter of some reviews that can be posted on both PA and MMA. It would be a bit of a shame to write one version with tags for PA and then have to rewrite the review using another method for MMA.

So I guess my question is if you�ve come any further in discussing if the tags should be an option here on MMA as they are on PA?
tapfret View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 9:12am
Yes, ouch!

That was a little disappointing to post a review and have all the HTML tags off. But I'm guessing this being a 9-year-old topic, it's never going to happen.

Sure would make review formatting nicer.
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 9:49am
For whatever reason, those HTML tags don't work for me on PA. 
tapfret View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 11:18am
^2 things come to mind on your PA issue.

1. Are you using <this></this> or [this][/this]. The brackets are for forum use only. Greater/less than symbols for reviews.

2. If you are using the right tags, initial uploads sometimes error resulting in random characters where your tags were. Simply editing and repasting the review resolves this. This is also an issue on the admin screen for adding bands and albums.

Also...don't forget to close your tags.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic