MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Static X

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Static X
    Posted: 13 Oct 2010 at 1:34am
One of the very first metal bands I ever listened to (literally like one my first 5) and the first CD I ever bought was their "Machine"

I recently re discovered them and even more recently saw they are on hiatus.

What do y'all think?
A band that may not get much recognition or credit, which is a shame IMO.
Their first 2 albums were not too musical yeah, and Shadow Zone sounds a bit generic but as time went on their albums more and more "musical". No more loops and junk.

Not the best metal band, or even in the top 20 or so, but they progressed as they went on into actual music, and have put out some really good, intriguing stuff.
Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer and Testament. The real Big Four of thrash metal!

Listen to doom metal, worship Satan
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2010 at 1:46am
I�ve only heard the name, never the music, so I guess this is one of those rare times where I don�t have an opinion about a metal actLOL.
The Angry Scotsman View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2010 at 1:53am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

I�ve only heard the name, never the music, so I guess this is one of those rare times where I don�t have an opinion about a metal actLOL.

LOL

Yeah, back like freshman year of HS I knew SOAD, Slayer, Fear Factory and that's how I found Static X.
Their first 2 albums are not so great. VERY simple and looped.
They went on to become much more "musical" and metal!

As I said not the best, but different and good for occasional listening.
Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer and Testament. The real Big Four of thrash metal!

Listen to doom metal, worship Satan
Vehemency View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vehemency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2010 at 2:35am
Originally posted by The Angry Scotsman The Angry Scotsman wrote:

A band that may not get much recognition or credit, which is a shame IMO.
Agreed to full extent! Haven't been listening to them for many years but I own the first three albums (I don't even know if they've released more by now) and saw them live in 2003 or something. One of the most influential bands to me when I was (even) younger. Should get my hands on those CDs again some day and feel nostalgic.
Certif1ed View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Certif1ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2010 at 4:18am
I recall they had an amazing video where the band turned into terminators or something - and I really dug the song... indulgence time!

I kept meaning to track down the album, but I was kept too busy with releases from SOAD, Korn, Slipknot, Killswitch Engage, Linkin Park, Cradle of Filth and Rammstein, all of whom were by far my favourite metal bands at the time. Guess I just have no sense of who it's cool to like...

I was also keen on the X-Ecutioners single, "It's Going Down", which featured two members of Linkin Park and Wayne Static was in the video (although I understand not on the recording!).

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image