MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Melodic metalcore

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Melodic metalcore
    Posted: 10 Oct 2010 at 2:59pm
I want some bands in the style of In Flames, the founding fathers of Metalcore and melodic death metal

In Flames by the way is one of my favourite metal bands, like their melodic style and riffing but also their more agressive parts 

with melodic parts, solos, nice clean pats , maybe some proggy undertones

Edited by Balthamel - 10 Oct 2010 at 3:06pm
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2010 at 3:25pm
Maybe At The Gates would interest you, or possibly some of Amorphis' early works.
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2010 at 4:49pm
ok thanks will sheck (buy)
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2010 at 5:19pm
Make sure you get "Slaughter of the Soul" and "Terminal Spirit Disease"by At The Gates; their other albums are not melodic death metal but rather progressive death metal.

Also, you might want to check out the Swedish band Nothing Divine, who have an EP out called "Dead Man's Hand" - their style is more along the lines of melodic metal core (with a lot of references to trad. metal) than melodeath. Another Swedish band you might want to check out is the melodeath band Arch Enemy, which is Michael Amott's band; and you might also check out "Heartwork" by English Carcass, which was his old band ("Swansong" is another album by Carcass which might be relevant, although that's basically trad. metal). Dark Tranquility is often mentioned along with At The Gates, In Flames, and Arch Enemy as one of the big Swedish melodeath bands, although Dark Tranquillity's style is somewhat different.

The Danish band Mindmare, formerly known as Morfeus, is a melodic death metal band, who have released a lot of demos (you can download them freely and legally from the band's own site - there's a link under their profile on MMA). Their first demo is a doom metal release, but the rest is quality melodeath. Another Danish band is Clockwork Protocol who play melodic metalcore; they have a demo out called "The Degradation of Morality". Yet another melodic band from Denmark is Unbelief, whose style is melodic death metal; they have an album out called "Dread". All three bands are from the same town, Odense, which is my birth town as it happens. I think that Illdisposed's latest couple of albums are pretty much melodic death metal, too. So you might want to check them out as well. You may also be interested in bands like Numbnuts, Mnemic and Raunchy.

You might also be interested in British metalcore band Rise To Remain, who have an EP out called "Bridges will Burn" (their singer is Bruce Dickinson's son btw), and you might also like Australian metalcore band Anime Fire.

I'm sure you're familiar with Killswitch Engage and Avenged Sevenfold, who are among the leading American melodic metalcore acts ("The End of Heartache" by Killswitch is a great album). I think you migh really enjoy James LaBrie's latest album "Static Impulse" which is very much in the vein of melodic death metal. Kreator's latest album, while thrash metal, is also very influenced by melodic death metal, so you might like that one, too. There is also an Indian band called Acrid Semblance, who play quite good melodic death metal.

All the bands I've mentioned are in the MMA.

Edited by Time Signature - 10 Oct 2010 at 5:26pm
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2010 at 5:33pm
cool, have to discuss this with my bank account and PC-Harddisc, (I have to buy and extended one soon as possible)
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 2:40am
You can start with Mindmare... their stuff is free.

http://mindmare.com/

Just click "Material" in the top bar and then "demos" in the right column.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 3:38am
Maybe the Danish bands Raunchy and Mnemic could be interesting for you too.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 4:38am
... and, last time I checked, all the tracks from "Dead Man's Hand" were available on Nothing Divine's Myspace page.

Edited by Time Signature - 11 Oct 2010 at 7:17am
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 6:32am
cool thanks for all recomandations
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 1:23pm
Maybe you'd like White Walls:

Two tracks here: MySpace

And full & free download of the album here.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 2:01pm
Hey, that's pretty good... I guess they should be included here.
ByteBlock View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ByteBlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2010 at 7:12am
Melodic Metalcore, Poison The Well is one of the good melodic metalcore band. Check The Opposite of December.
Also check Remembering Never, Women and Children Die First is an awesome album.
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2010 at 7:47am
Ok thanks

Have to go to the record store then (with a huge list of Metalcore)

nice
ByteBlock View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ByteBlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2010 at 7:53am
Or you can choose my way, download them.
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2010 at 7:59am
yeah, I used to do that, but that is too adictive for me and It looses th thrill to go out on hunt for albums, the hunter instinct is important to keep up.

but Im not negative towards Downloading, I like it but not as exiting as buyng records outside. and in Oslo their is one fantastic Metal record shop called Sound of Noice where they sell ANYTHING metal, its like a metal hell (heaven don't sound apropriate when talking about metal Tongue)
ByteBlock View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ByteBlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2010 at 8:08am
^
hahaha (that was for hell thing)

It may sound weird, but there is no any store that sells original records here. So, i choose to be leecher. That's the only option i've got. However, i buy our local bands merchandise and records. I am living in stone age and no there is no option of shipping over here.
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2010 at 9:16am
I would check out Engel's new album, Threnody. Really high-quality melodic metalcore! Their new album is probably my favorite 2010 metalcore album.

http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/engel--threnody.aspx
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2010 at 9:21am
^ Oh yeah, that's not bad :-)
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2010 at 6:54pm
thanks for all the recomandation, their is so much metal i have to check out

melodic metalcore, djent, sludge metal, progressive sludge, post metal avant-garde black c**rap
topofsm View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topofsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2010 at 8:59pm
Isn't melodic metalcore a bit redundant?

Wink
Lost respect for these archives when I saw Creed added, among other bands. Not going to be foruming here anymore. You can keep my reviews if you want.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic