MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Report bugs here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Error with new artist addition

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Error with new artist addition
    Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 5:36am
I�ve added artist Shels to MMA and there was no problem adding the artist and the albums, but suddenly the link looks like this: http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/GenericErrorPage.htm?aspxerrorpath=/shels(united-states).aspx and I can�t enter the page. I�ve noticed that the name of the band looks like this on the frontpage *Shels, so maybe I accidentically added a * to the name?
graphix View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Co-founder, Admin & Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graphix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 6:32am
I'll look at it later today and keep you posted.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 7:24am
Thanks Phil, that�s much appreciated.
graphix View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graphix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 3:38pm
^ Fixed. And I removed the * in front of the band's name. But *Shels (with the *) still exists in the bio.

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 10:09am
That�s really odd, but I�ll make the corrections necessary. Thanks for the help.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 2:21pm
Damn it�s me againEmbarrassed. I accidentically added the new All That Remains album twice and now I�m not able to enter any of the two entries, so that I could delete one of them.
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 2:57pm
I think it may be because of the ... in the beginning of the title.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 4:40pm
Yeah but that�s the name.
graphix View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graphix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 7:11pm
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2010 at 3:06am
Thanks.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2010 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Yeah but that�s the name.

I know that. I was thinking of it as a general problem with titles that start with punctuation marks.
graphix View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graphix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2010 at 6:17pm
Yeah... that's a general bug that is on my todo list for a long time now... Embarrassed I should take care of it...
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 4:43am
Here's another one: http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/the-demonstealer---and-chaos-will-reign.aspx

But if it's a general bug, then the entries should automatically star working properly when you've fixed the bug, right?
graphix View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graphix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 6:52am
^ Exactly T.S.! Should be fixed today.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 7:29am
Woohoo!!!! You da man! :-)
graphix View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graphix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 8:23pm
Certif1ed View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Certif1ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2010 at 3:29am
Hi graphix - I seem to have made a double entry for the NWoBHM band Jodey. I'm not quite sure how it happened - the page seemed to freeze after I clicked "Submit", so I clicked again, and got two entries, once of which is correctly entered into NWoBHM, and the other is not.

I can't delete the "bad" one, I simply get a "generic error page" - could you do the biz, please!

Thanks!
graphix View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graphix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2010 at 1:19pm
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2011 at 6:49am
I�ve added a demo for the band Sorrow of Tranquility. The Demo has a rather strange name and after adding the demo I�m not able to enter the demo entry.

On a related note I�m not able to enter this album entry either: 34.788%... Complete by My Dying Bride.

Edited by UMUR - 25 Jan 2011 at 1:47pm
graphix View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graphix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 9:33am
I found the real title of Sorrow of Tranquility's album Smilehttp://www.metalmusicarchives.com/sorrow-of-tranquility--tenka-hubu(demo).aspx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic