MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >General Music Discussions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Albums we've been told to hate but we don't ...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Albums we've been told to hate but we don't ...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2010 at 3:51am
Originally posted by topofsm topofsm wrote:

10,000 Days by Tool (maybe it doesn't really count, since plenty of people still love it)

yeah, this, Kevin can attest to me complaining that Tool isn't allowed to be good LOL
NecronCommander View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NecronCommander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2010 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by Triceratopsoil Triceratopsoil wrote:

10,000 Days by Tool (maybe it doesn't really count, since plenty of people still love it)

yeah, this, Kevin can attest to me complaining that Tool isn't allowed to be good LOL

But Tool are good! AngryAngry
topofsm View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topofsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2010 at 9:15pm
^Says the man who likes Korn! Tongue
Lost respect for these archives when I saw Creed added, among other bands. Not going to be foruming here anymore. You can keep my reviews if you want.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2010 at 5:01pm
St. Anger. I barely listen to it now but I have to confess that it was the album that introduced me to Metallica and opened up metal to me. How can I hate the album that did that? 

There are more I could list, but that is the main one.
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2010 at 5:56pm
I agree with those who mentioned Falling Into Infinity by Dream Theater.  I bought it, got rid of it due to a few of the albums worst tracks getting stuck in my head ("You Not me" in particular), then re-purchased it after realizing how great some of the material on the album was (especially "Trial of Tears").  It never hurts to revisit an album you heard after a few years have passed. Smile
The Block View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2010 at 6:44pm
Dehumanizer by Sabbath, not that high quality, but is definitely very good.

topofsm View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topofsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2010 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by Stooge Stooge wrote:

I agree with those who mentioned Falling Into Infinity by Dream Theater.  I bought it, got rid of it due to a few of the albums worst tracks getting stuck in my head ("You Not me" in particular), then re-purchased it after realizing how great some of the material on the album was (especially "Trial of Tears").  It never hurts to revisit an album you heard after a few years have passed. Smile

I'm feeling that maybe since it was such a drastic shift in style (and for some people a sharp drop in quality) that people immediately abandoned the album back then, and it's still suffering from that backlash. Now that people have had the chance to listen to it among all their albums, it doesn't even seem that bad. Personally, it's one of my favorite DT releases.
Lost respect for these archives when I saw Creed added, among other bands. Not going to be foruming here anymore. You can keep my reviews if you want.
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2010 at 11:29am

Originally posted by Stooge Stooge wrote:

I'm feeling that maybe since it was such a drastic shift in style (and for some people a sharp drop in quality) that people immediately abandoned the album back then, and it's still suffering from that backlash. Now that people have had the chance to listen to it among all their albums, it doesn't even seem that bad. Personally, it's one of my favorite DT releases.

I agree.

I don't remember when I first heard the album.  It was probably around 2003/04 or so when I was around 18-19.  When I was younger, I used to let the opinions of others shape how I listen to certain music.  Weird how it didn't stop me from listening to Dream Theater in the first place. LOL
Andyman1125 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andyman1125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2011 at 10:47pm
I don't mind St. Anger, very experimental and much more interesting than crappy
and Abacab by Genesis, I actually really like. Yea, I like Abacab.
SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2011 at 2:47am
waiting for someone to say beiber LOL

zdunne View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zdunne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 9:57pm
One I can think of is The Burning Red by Machine Head, not as good as the first two albums but I still like it.
The Block View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 10:43am
Originally posted by SKwid SKwid wrote:

waiting for someone to say beiber LOL

If someone says that I'll have to put a bullet through their headLOL

Pelata View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pelata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 7:29am
Metallica - Load & Re-Load
Iron Maiden - The X Factor

Anything by Duran Duran...Tongue
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 10:16am
Originally posted by Pelata Pelata wrote:

Metallica - Load & Re-Load
Iron Maiden - The X Factor

Anything by Duran Duran...Tongue

I'm glad I'm not alone in liking Load-era Metallica. Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic