MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Black Metal drop-in centre

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 20>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelmk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2011 at 1:43pm
i bumped into a great band, Oskoreien, fresh sound , it made my day, their s/t debut is just awesome, combination of black metal, neofolk, ambient.. splendid !! 
www.last.fm/user/angelmk
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2011 at 2:12pm
^ I got it too, excellent album indeed. Reminds me a bit of Ulver's debut when they go acoustic on guitars, but they also have acoustic piano moments. Very interesting. 
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2011 at 4:53pm
Haven't heard that one yet... I've been liking the new Negura Bunget EP the last few days. Thumbs Up
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
Vehemency View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vehemency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 3:22am
Originally posted by J-Man J-Man wrote:

I've been liking the new Negura Bunget EP the last few days. Thumbs Up
Finished my review of that one last night. Great EP, indeed!

Edited by Vehemency - 11 Apr 2011 at 3:24pm
Vehement Conjuration - personal review blog.
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 4:12pm
^ I need to revisit their discog again at some point... aside from the new EP, I've really only listened to Om in recent memory. Good band overall. Thumbs Up
angelmk View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelmk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 9:32am
i've listened some great bands recently, mostly from us black metal scene, Fell Voices was band that i liked most, in the vain of Wolves in the throne room; Ash Borer another great band, atmospheric black metal, their debut is excellent; Addaura  another fresh band, released just one demo, very promising act; Petrychor one man project, but extremely good one. 
www.last.fm/user/angelmk
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 12:00pm
You all must go listen to Absu because there aren't enough ratings on their albums here.

http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/absu.aspx?ac=absu
Zombie View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zombie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 6:57pm
Hmm yeah i think i'll be on this page alot, I just got into Black Metal and am already obsessed. Heart 
My first band i listened to was the German band Absurd.
Then as follows:
                               Belphegor
                               Burzum
                               Gorgoroth
                               Bathory
                               Cryptopsy
All of which I am going to try and buy an album of each this week :p
\m/
As above, then so below,
For as they love, then so we loathe,
And as we loathe, then so we love,
To raise below to up above�
-Dani Filth
Prog Geo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Geo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 7:08pm
Nice! But Cryptopsy is a death metal band.
Inexistence is the true normality.
Zombie View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zombie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2011 at 8:32pm
Yeah but I got given some Cryptopsy at the same time as the other bands :3 so i haven't listened to it in full and analyzed it as much.
My mum and dad hate Black Metal XD
As above, then so below,
For as they love, then so we loathe,
And as we loathe, then so we love,
To raise below to up above�
-Dani Filth
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 1:46am
This is the place if you want to talk about Cryptopsy or death metal in general: http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1122
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 1:50am
Originally posted by Zombie Zombie wrote:

Yeah but I got given some Cryptopsy at the same time as the other bands :3 so i haven't listened to it in full and analyzed it as much.
My mum and dad hate Black Metal XD

...of course they hate black metal. What parent wouldn�t be slightly concerned when their child begin to listen to just about the most hateful music in the worldLOL. Not that I listened to much black metal when I was younger but my parents were not too thrilled about me and my brother�s obsession with thrash and death metal. They were open minded and accepted it, but they still shake their head when we go to concerts and for some reason my father still can�t growlBig smile.
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 11:47am
My parents have learned by now to ignore the music that leaves my bedroom
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by Triceratopsoil Triceratopsoil wrote:

My parents have learned by now to ignore the music that leaves my bedroom

My dad likes a lot of prog rock/metal (particularly Yes, Genesis, Spock's Beard, Dream Theater, Transatlantic, and The Flower Kings), but he hates the growling sooo much. Tongue
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 7:29pm
My first exposure to both prog (via Fragile and Aqualung) and metal (via Paranoid and Van Halen) were from my dad, but he likes pretty much nothing that I listen to.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2011 at 1:57am
I�m sure everyone already knows that the new Enslaved EP is offered as a free legal download by the band here: http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/enslaved--the-sleeping-gods(ep).aspx
.. Album Cover

But here�s another one that I hope a lot more people will check out too. De Magia Veterum also offer up an EP for free legal download here:
In Conspectu Divinae Majestatis - sept 2010 Cover Art
Batnobbit View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Batnobbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2011 at 4:03am
I don't know how famous they are in the rest of the world but Iskald is a great melodic Black Metal band. Very inspired by both Immortal and Emperor. A

Lokes Dans - From their Debut "Shades of Misery", a great album and really good debut.

A Breath of Apocalypse - From the album "Revelations of Reckoning Day". This they the production is a bit cleaner and they have dropped alot of the Synth parts. The atmosphere is great and the riffs are really, really good.

I Haven't heard the new one yet, so if anybody have listened to it, go head and write something ^^

Edited by Batnobbit - 25 May 2011 at 4:24am
Efreeti
http://www.facebook.com/EfreetiBand
Fool Killers
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fool-Killers/189060934455407
Batnobbit View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Batnobbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2011 at 4:05am
Originally posted by Zombie Zombie wrote:

Hmm yeah i think i'll be on this page alot, I just got into Black Metal and am already obsessed. Heart 
My first band i listened to was the German band Absurd.
Then as follows:
                               Belphegor
                               Burzum
                               Gorgoroth
                               Bathory
                               Cryptopsy
All of which I am going to try and buy an album of each this week :p
\m/

Great bands. You should listen to Blood, Fire, Death and Hammerheart by Bathory, Great albums. If you are new to the gengre, you should try to listen to the Gaahl Era of Gorgoroth, it's cathcy and have some good production.

Efreeti
http://www.facebook.com/EfreetiBand
Fool Killers
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fool-Killers/189060934455407
Murphy View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murphy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 6:10am
@Zombie: Props for the Bathory 'n' Burzum. I think there's a copy of Hammerheart in my 'to sell' box at the moment; not that that should be deterrent. Of the latter, from the s/t through to Filosofem are gold, tho' usually a bit pricey in this neck o' the woods.

UMUR, been keepin' up to date with Mories releases? New Aderlating & De Magia Veterum have been dropped this year.

Was relaxing, with a pot of Japanese shimizu, to The Divine Antithesis this evening.

Guai ai gelidi mostri �Everything that is doddering, squint-eyed, infamous, sullying, and grotesque is contained for me in this single word: God� Andr� Breton
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 6:49am
I�m not too familiar with Aderlating ( only heard a little from that project) but yeah I�ve had time to give The Divine Antithesis a listen. Not a consentrated one yet though, but from what I remember it sounded pretty great. Mories can�t failHeadbanger
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 20>
  Share Topic