Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recently Watched Films

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 215216217218219 257>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2022 at 12:15am
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2022 at 11:16pm

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2022 at 1:26am
Haven't posted here lately so a few to catch up on:

First time's first:

A drama about the director of Casablanca and set around the making of that movie. I'm not sure how much is true and how much is dramatization, but this was pretty good. 

A rather short anime film, barely passing the minimum industry length for a 'feature film'. It's not bad, but I've seen better...

...Including this one, which despite having the appearance of a 'teen' anime is actually a really mature drama dealing with themes of bullying, disability, depression and suicide. 

This is a good one, though tragic. But it starts at the end so you already know what happens before you get invested in the character's plight, so when you get back to the finish almost two hours later, it's a bit less of a gut punch than it could have been. 

Batman's most infamous movie. Actually, going in with zero expectations make this quite watchable. Perhaps even to the point that it doesn't really deserve to be counted among the worst movies ever made (because there's seriously a lot of actual shit out there that no one ever talks about), but it's certainly the worst Batman movie. Some bad acting here for sure, and not just from the 'always plays himself' Arnie. 

Mixed feelings on this one. I've enjoyed the other Michelangelo Antonioni movies I've watched (especially the immediately preceding movie he made, L'Avventura), but I found this one up and down, with some parts being really compelling and beautifully shot and others just dragging.

Now for re-watches. Which means Spider-Man, Spider-Man and more Spider-Man. 

The better of the two Garfield Spider-Man movies. But I don't like it as much as the Maguire or Holland ones.

This is a bit better on second watch, but it's the worst Spider-Man movie. Feels a bit bloated to me. It does have perhaps the saddest death of a Marvel movie though. 

I wasn't as thrilled with this one as many when I first saw it, but I liked this one a lot more this rime around. 

But it's not as good as this one, which may just be my favourite Spider-Man movie, at least until I see if No Way Home lives up to the hype. And now I'm all caught up ready for that movie when the blu-ray drops in early April. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2022 at 2:29am

A bit uneven, and a sort of cut-price Bonnie and Clyde, but quite watchable.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2022 at 1:33pm

Been feeling like a binge on the best Korean movies is in order for a while now, and first up is what I can't believe is still Park Chan-wook's most recent film. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2022 at 4:12pm

From the director of recent awards season darling Drive My Car (which I'm hoping to get to see before long). He also made Happy Hour, a film I'm still thinking a lot about even though it's been two months to the day since I watched it (a pure coincidence). This one isn't quite as good as that, but it's up there. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2022 at 11:15pm

glad my local video store got this one in for me, worth watching
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 3:56pm

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 6:19am

Well, that was a weird one. Honestly the story behind the movie's production is more interesting than the movie itself, which veers between compelling sequences and parts that are just one big yawn. 

Yep, still don't 'get' this one. I do rather enjoy it though. 

That was a fucking difficult watch. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2022 at 10:30am

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2022 at 8:12pm
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2022 at 12:42am

A bizarre factually based story, and a brilliant piece of film making.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2022 at 4:11pm

Re-watches:

GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2022 at 8:29pm

OK, the Landmaster vehicle here is fucking brilliant and still exists to this day, but everything else about this movie sucks ass. It's based on a Roger Zelazny novel, and he hated this movie. It was also intended to be a big budget challenger to an unknown little film called Star Wars. Gee, wonder how that worked out?

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2022 at 10:37am

weakest Martino I've seen so far
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2022 at 9:14pm
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2022 at 7:06pm
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2022 at 12:28am

Nice one.  I wish Cavara had done more giallos. Trying to hunt down his western now
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2022 at 11:59pm
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2022 at 1:07am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 215216217218219 257>
  Share Topic