MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Metal Up Your Ass and all that Jazz Room V2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 211212213214215 328>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
IMPF2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IMPF2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 6:48pm
what can i say, i've been spending way too much time on /mlp/ and 4chan in general.
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 7:15pm
I only ever check /mu/ with any consistency.
IMPF2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IMPF2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 7:32pm
/mu/ is pretty awful tbh
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 7:43pm
ture, but there are occasional gems. I don't like 4chan enough to participate so it makes visiting most boards a moot point.
IMPF2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IMPF2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by A Person A Person wrote:

ture, but there are occasional gems. I don't like 4chan enough to participate so it makes visiting most boards a moot point.

i see what you did there
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2012 at 8:55am

I love this quote.  I have reworded it and used it in so many situations.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors and Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2012 at 11:09am

So, Liam, were you having a little too much death metal fun this past weekend? http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articles/2012/09/13/20120913pennsylvania-bloody-naked-man-bites-woman-police-say.html

Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2012 at 11:26am
Considering I live on the opposite end of the state than Wayne County, no.  Ask J-Man, he lives closer to that area.
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2012 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

So, Liam, were you having a little too much death metal fun this past weekend? http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articles/2012/09/13/20120913pennsylvania-bloody-naked-man-bites-woman-police-say.html

I know the man who did that really well. He's my friend's older brother. Unhappy

He was one of the nicest kids I ever knew - he coached my lacrosse team when I was 12 or 13, and he would drive me home from practice most days. Really, really cool guy and it's such a shame reading about what he did under the influence of some nasty drugs. Really heartbreaking. Disapprove
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2012 at 1:23pm
Sorry for turning a kinda funny article into something bleak and personal, but I do really feel bad for his family. His mother is one of the kindest women I've ever met, and she actually had a battle with cancer not too long ago too. I'm sure this shit is the last thing she needs. Ermm
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2012 at 11:32pm
^That�s both crazy and really, really sad. I had a friend too when I was younger, who later became a schizophrenic, heard voices and attacked a woman working at a kiosk (fortunately she wasn�t badly injured). He was put in a mental institution for half a year (some of the time in a straightjacketConfused). He is now heavily medicated and out in society again. He is impossible to talk to though. The last time I spoke to him he said to me that he had tigers living in his heartConfused.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors and Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2012 at 8:45am
Obviously when I posted it I didn't expect that anybody would actually have been this person or even have known him.  As an outsider, I did find it to be a funny story, although I agree it is not so funny to the victim or to the people who know the victim or the guy who did it.
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2012 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

^That�s both crazy and really, really sad. I had a friend too when I was younger, who later became a schizophrenic, heard voices and attacked a woman working at a kiosk (fortunately she wasn�t badly injured). He was put in a mental institution for half a year (some of the time in a straightjacketConfused). He is now heavily medicated and out in society again. He is impossible to talk to though. The last time I spoke to him he said to me that he had tigers living in his heartConfused.

Wow, that's really a shame, Jonas. Unhappy Mental problems have always really frightened me - amazing how they can entirely eliminate a person's "old" personality in favor of something entirely different.

Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

Obviously when I posted it I didn't expect that anybody would actually have been this person or even have known him.  As an outsider, I did find it to be a funny story, although I agree it is not so funny to the victim or to the people who know the victim or the guy who did it.

No offense taken, man. Thumbs Up
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2012 at 9:03am
http://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/Meshuggah/Koloss/328203/Zodijackyl

"anyone who uses the term "thinking man's metal" deserves to have an eight-string guitar broken over their head."

Amen.

Disclaimer: I LIKE Meshuggah.

Edited by Wilytank - 19 Sep 2012 at 9:08am
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2012 at 3:30pm
^ well, definitely not a 0% album but one of their worst for sure. 

"they're a one-trick-pony with a really complicated trick"
Two albums ago I'd say he talked rubbish. But now it seems to be so true... Ouch
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2012 at 4:11pm
I think it's better than Obzen, but still, muh
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2012 at 8:27pm
It is my favorite Meshuggah album so far, I think.
IMPF2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IMPF2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2012 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by Wilytank Wilytank wrote:

"anyone who uses the term "thinking man's metal" deserves to have an eight-string guitar broken over their head."

I second that that statement. That term is first of all wrong, as it implies that Metal is a genre full of idiots and that the band in question are somehow the second, and it is also wrong because it implies that liking a person's intelligence can be measured by their music taste. There are plenty of intelligent people who listen to nothing but Top 40 nonsense, and there are plenty of morons who listen to progressive rock (like me, for exampleTongue). I believe they had a thread discussing this on ProgArchives like a month ago or something.
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2012 at 10:20pm
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2012 at 12:53am
Originally posted by IMPF2112 IMPF2112 wrote:

Originally posted by Wilytank Wilytank wrote:

I second that that statement. That term is first of all wrong, as it implies that Metal is a genre full of idiots and that the band in question are somehow the second, and it is also wrong because it implies that liking a person's intelligence can be measured by their music taste. There are plenty of intelligent people who listen to nothing but Top 40 nonsense, and there are plenty of morons who listen to progressive rock (like me, for exampleTongue). I believe they had a thread discussing this on ProgArchives like a month ago or something.

It's similar to the objections Aphex Twin has with the label Intelligent Dance Music.

Also I listened to the new Neurosis track earlier and it was tasty.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 211212213214215 328>
  Share Topic