MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Help us improve the site
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Next Button?!?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Next Button?!?
    Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 10:11pm
Hi guys, I was thinking, one thing that used to have in PA once and bothered me a lot when was cutted out was an option to simply clic in the 'next' album.

It easier a lot the navigation, having a next or back button, like RYM, for example if you're on an AC/DC album like For Those About To Rock (http://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/ac_dc/for_those_about_to_rock__we_salute_you_/), you'll have an option to come back to Back In Black and an option to go on to Flick Of The Switch.

Any thoughts?

PS. Sorry if I'm not clear enough, I'm really in a terrible day after sleeping very badly Smile

Edited by progshine - 07 Sep 2010 at 11:34pm
Testing 1...2...3..
RAY, IT'S NOT WORKING!

www.progshine.net

Your resource of Prog Rock with weekly Podcasts, reviews, interviews and many more.
CCVP View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCVP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 10:38pm
I think I know what you mean and that is a brilliant idea. Wikipedia has the same thing too and it helps a lot (but just sometimes, because TOW is a damn mess LOL).
Vehemency View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vehemency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 2:39am
Sounds like a good idea, and sometimes I've actually wished for such a button while editing discographies.

I don't know, then, how this would work in practice: how would the site count which EP comes before which album, etc? We have only set release years, not specific months and days (except possibly in the "read more" field).
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 3:49am

It will probably only work within specific media subs ( only albums, only singles...and so forth). Good idea though.

progshine View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 3:54am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

It will probably only work within specific media subs ( only albums, only singles...and so forth). Good idea though.

Yeah, something like that. It could be placed right under the 'Information' camp I think. Or any good idea M@x and Graphix could come with Tongue
Testing 1...2...3..
RAY, IT'S NOT WORKING!

www.progshine.net

Your resource of Prog Rock with weekly Podcasts, reviews, interviews and many more.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic