MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Help us improve the site
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Metal News Section

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Metal News Section
    Posted: 17 May 2010 at 1:16pm
I think a metal news section would be useful in the main forum area. Along the lines of the prog news/press releases section on PA. What do you think?
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2010 at 4:43am
I created this thread a while back, but I�m not sure it�s in the right place. I can re-name it Metal news/ Press releases?

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2010 at 1:06pm
I missed that actually but what you're suggesting is the kind of thing i meant only rather than just a thread I was thinking of a whole section like we have on PA where it's one of the main progressive music lounges. That way it would be something that would be more visible. It's a section i go to often on PA.
Raff View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2010 at 4:28pm
The Metal News section exists - it only has to be unlocked by one of us. I'll do it very gladly, because I think something like that is indispensable in every forum.

Edit: done! I'll move the Ronnie James Dio RIP thread there, so the section can become immediately visible on the forum home page.

Edited by Raff - 18 May 2010 at 4:31pm
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 2:04am

Could you move the thread I created to that section too Raff?

Raff View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 5:44am
Done, and stickied it as well!
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 7:12am
I think it would be good to see new topics posted in the news section on the MMA front page's "new forum topics" field, and new posts in the forum's new posts thingy at the bottom. Thoughts?
<- Click on this!
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 9:09am
Excellent, that's what i meant Thumbs Up
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 9:29am
Originally posted by Raff Raff wrote:

Done, and stickied it as well!

Thanks Raff, that was how I intended it from the beginning.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic