MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recently Watched Films

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5556575859 257>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keefer1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 11:39am
Spider-Man Strikes Back (1977) - another "movie" cobbled together from two episodes of the cheap & cheesy Spider-Man TV series. Charmingly silly. 

The Chilling (1989) - Linda "Exorcist" Blair and Dan "Grizzly Adams" Haggerty are staffers at a cryogenics lab who have to deal with an invasion of half-frozen zombies when a storm knocks out the power. Cheap direct to video horror nonsense.

Unearthed & Untold: The Path To Pet Sematary (2017) - interesting behind-the-scenes doc about the making of the '89 Stephen King flick. Lots of cool trivia for horror nerds.

Friday The 13th: The Final Chapter (1984) - The fourth (but far from "Final") F13 movie revives Jason yet again and sends him back to Crystal Lake for more of the usual gory fun, except this time there's a machete wielding pre-teen Corey Feldman (!) waiting for him. If ya liked the first three...
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 2:57pm
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 2:25pm
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 5:42pm
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 5:43pm
Damn scary this one, and an overall really brutal film:

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 4:35pm
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Yes. Saw that when I was at high school. There was a very similar themed American TV film at the time called The Day After. Not near as good or as much impact.
Save
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by Vim Fuego Vim Fuego wrote:

Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Yes. Saw that when I was at high school. There was a very similar themed American TV film at the time called The Day After. Not near as good or as much impact.
Save
The Whole docu thing is pretty convincing. While neither the acting nor the effects, are anything special and the film is pretty dated in many ways, those of us who are old enough to have experienced Cold war paranoia, can easily relate to the horrors of the film. I´m still a bit shocked really about how unpleasant it was...

Edited by UMUR - 13 Aug 2017 at 1:48pm
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 1:48pm
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 12:33pm
keefer1970 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keefer1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 6:39am
I'm off from work this week so I've been catchin' up on my movie watching....

"It Follows" (2015) - A teenybopper is pursued by a relentless Sexually Transmitted Ghost (STG?) after a one night stand. This flick got a lot of rave reviews when it was released but I thought it was kinda "meh." 

"Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children" (2015) - Tim Burton directed this young-adult novel adaptation that's kinda like a steampunk mash up of Harry Potter and the X-Men. Cool stuff.

"Garfield: The Movie" (2004) - This is what happens when it's my 9 year old's turn to pick a movie (haha). Thank God that Jennifer Love Hewitt wore short skirts throughout this movie cuz it's the only thing that made it watchable. 

"Independence Day: Resurgence" (2016 - years-too-late sequel to the 1996 hit has lotsa purty special FX mayhem but we've seen it all before. Will Smith was smart to sit this one out.

"The Second Best Secret Agent In The Whole Wide World" (1965) - first in a series of three low budget James Bond knockoffs starring Tom Adams as suave British agent "Charles Vine." Not great, but I've seen worse. 

"Chopping Mall" (1986) - Teenage mall workers vs. homicidal security robots. It doesn't get much more "80s" than that premise, folks :D

"The Visit" (2015) - Kids spend a week at their grandparents' and slowly realize that there's something "off" about the old folks. M. Night Shamalan's "comeback" flick has a nice twist. 

"The Conjuring" (2013) - creepy-cool haunted house story based on a supposed real-life case file from paranormal experts Ed & Lorraine Warren, who investigated the "Amityville Horror" back in the day.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keefer1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 8:15am
"Never Too Young To Die" (1986) - cheese-to-the-extreme action comedy (tho I think most of the comedy is unintentional) starring John Stamos as the son of a famous secret agent, drafted to foil a hermaphrodite super villain played by Gene Simmons.  WTF moments abound. 

"The Conjuring 2" (2016) - another case file from real-life ghost hunters Ed & Lorraine Warren, who go to England to help a single Mom and her family with a haunting that may have roots in one of their most famous cases. Not as good as the first but still a decent spooky flick.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2017 at 12:10am
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2017 at 3:31pm
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keefer1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 3:05pm
Scream (1996) - The horror/comedy hit that revitalized Wes Craven's career and kicked off a whole new teen-slasher movie craze. In spite of all the badness it inspired, this one has actually held up pretty well.

XX (2017) Disappointing "Creepshow" style anthology of four horror stories written and directed by women (the title refers to the fact that females have two "X" chromosomes). Neat idea but unfortunately none of the stories are particularly scary, or for that matter, coherent. Ignore, delete, destroy.

Leprechaun In The Hood (2000) Ice-T somehow manages not to embarrass himself in this cheaper-than-usual sequel with the evil leprechaun on the loose in Compton, mixing it up with assorted gangsta rappers. It was god-awful but I still laughed all the way through it. 
Sisslith View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sisslith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2017 at 9:32am
Some good films I've watched this month:

- La isla mínima (2014)
- El guardián invisible (2017)
- Juno (2007)
- There's something about Mary (1998)
- The hills have eyes (2006)

Only the dead have seen the end of war.
Without music, life would be a mistake.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 4:37pm
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 7:22pm
Surf Nazis Must Die (1987)
Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead (2006)

I should know better, but I do love a Troma 2000 movie every now and then!

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keefer1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 9:11am
Dragnet (1987) - Dan Aykroyd is the straight-arrow nephew of the original Joe Friday and Tom Hanks is his freewheeling new partner in this action/comedy homage to the classic TV cop show. One of my fave 80s flicks.

Puppet Master (1989) - cheap horror nonsense about murderous puppets in an old hotel; cool stop motion FX but not much else. Someone must've liked it though, cuz they made nine or ten sequels... 

Jonah Hex (2010) DC Comics' Old Western gunslinger and all around badass gets his own movie, but unfortunately it's a misfire.

Cliffhanger (1993) - Stallone vs. plane-crashed bank robbers way at the top of the Rockies. One of Sly's better late-career flicks

Plus a couple of "behind the scenes of classic horror movies" documentaries on YouTube:
His Name Was Jason: 30 Years of Friday the 13th
Halloween: The Inside Story
Scream: The Inside Story
Sisslith View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sisslith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 9:43am
Originally posted by keefer1970 keefer1970 wrote:

Puppet Master (1989) - cheap horror nonsense about murderous puppets in an old hotel; cool stop motion FX but not much else. Someone must've liked it though, cuz they made nine or ten sequels... 
Lol I fully agree, I remember watching a couple of them when I was a kid LOL

Two films I recently watched that I really liked:

- American Beauty (1999): a classic I guess.
- Let Me Make You a Martyr (2016): at first it's rather puzzling and leaves you with some unanswered questions, but when you unravel them by thinking a little, it becomes pretty interesting.
Only the dead have seen the end of war.
Without music, life would be a mistake.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5556575859 257>
  Share Topic