Recently Watched Films

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 257>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2023 at 6:56am
The Batman
The latest Spiderman
The latest Dr. Strange (the multiverse movie).
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2023 at 4:45am

Seen it before, in the past couple of years, but it deserves a rewatch.
Kilimmaic View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilimmaic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2023 at 3:00pm

Top Gun: Maverick, highly recommend it. I decided to watch it based on reviews and this is the case when reviews are true. So if you are looking for something interesting to watch, pay attention to this movie. Besides, it's available in many streaming apps (the best one you can find here https://www.firestickhow.com/best-kodi-builds.html). Share your thoughts after, I am curious.

Edited by Kilimmaic - 06 Apr 2023 at 7:44am
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2023 at 6:39am

Some great over the top Wuxia action, but unfortunately soon after the half way mark the movie warps into a tragic love triangle and never resolves the story you spent the first hour getting invested in. Ultimately frustrating. 

Based on actual events but highly embellished or just plain made up most of the time, but it's a damn fine feel good movie. Featuring an appearance by Def Leppard. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2023 at 3:56am

Classic road movie with very little plot and a strange conclusion, but worth a watch. James Taylor and Dennis Wilson (the Beach Boy) in their only movie roles are excellent at laconic and laid back.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2023 at 1:20am
Originally posted by Vim Fuego Vim Fuego wrote:

Ho hum. Still think they were a bunch of attention seeking edgelord kids. The only new thing I learned was that Varg was too naive to understand the media.

Of course they were. A bunch of rebelious teenagers, growing up in one of the richest countries in the world, with too much time and money on their hands. The Norwegian black metal movement started as a result of teenage boredom...

Edited by UMUR - 02 Apr 2023 at 1:21am
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2023 at 12:36am

Ho hum. Still think they were a bunch of attention seeking edgelord kids. The only new thing I learned was that Varg was too naive to understand the media.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2023 at 5:17pm

That was a lot of stupid OTT fun. Love seeing Zoe Bell being a bad ass.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2023 at 8:28am

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7126948/
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9376612/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2023 at 12:20am

Lots of blue. Lots of cliche. Lots of stupid. Lots of yawn.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2023 at 4:34am

Not really a movie about metal, but a movie about processing grief and loss with a metal soundtrack. Well worth a look.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2023 at 2:30am

I found this among the saddest movies I've ever watched. It's a look at Turkish culture, but the film didn't go over so well with the Turkish audience, which accused the film of being inaccurate and orientalised. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 12:31am

OK, not my usual sort of thing, but Annette Benning and Julianne Moore together? Brilliant. Mark Ruffalo wasn't too bad either. The story is pretty predictable, but it's done well, and this has a great soundtrack too.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 3:58am

As far as 80s teen mvoies go, I think I identify more with this than The Breakfast Club or Ferris Bueller. Winona Ryder and Christian Slater are excellent as a tragi-comic couple, and you could see Shannen Doherty was going to go somewhere too.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 1:34pm
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 2:32am
Watched this one yesterday while lying hungover on the couch. I´ve seen it before and although it has its moments (I like the opening scene and the fact that the movie is set in the future), there are several parts of the movie that I don´t appreciate. One of the things is the way random fires are used to light up otherwise dark night scenes. Why would someone light a fire in the open, when there are terminators around? It´s also a bit too clean and stylized, which is an issue I have with many post-apocalyptic movies. That´s why I hold The Road in such high regard. It´s more realistic and believable. I know a Terminator movie doesn´t have to be believable in the same way, but I miss the grit and despair of the first movie, which is still a classic all these years down the line.

Edited by UMUR - 26 Mar 2023 at 2:33am
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 2:17am
I watched Papillon, so I just had to watch Bullitt for some more Steve McQueen. A bit of a slow burner at times, it's rightly famous for greatest car chase ever filmed. Interestingly, none of it was filmed on movie sets, and large parts of San Francisco were shut down to film the car chase, which took three weeks to film.

Edited by Vim Fuego - 26 Mar 2023 at 2:18am
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2023 at 2:25am

Steve McQueen at his best. Based on a true story, but passed through both the filter of the original writer and the film makers. Still, pretty fucking brutal in places, and the inspiration for Megadeth's Devil's Island.
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 5:18pm
Haven't been keeping up but here's a few I enjoyed recently

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 3:45am

Not side-splittingly funny, nor slasher flick gory, but this was still a fun movie.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 257>
  Share Topic