Kony 2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2012 at 10:05am
Doomster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doomster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2012 at 2:19am
Originally posted by SKwid SKwid wrote:

dont use photobucket, use tinypic

k
SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2012 at 2:14am
dont use photobucket, use tinypic

Doomster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doomster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2012 at 2:13am

Originally posted by Doomster Doomster wrote:

WHOA!
[/QUOTE]It was a 4chan Kony parody of Fresh Prince Of Bel Air. I'm guess I'm glad it's not viewable because it's probably offensive...lul.
SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2012 at 2:13am

Originally posted by MrJohns345 MrJohns345 wrote:

More than you think

Elaboration or it didn't happen.
yes, please elaborate

Doomster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doomster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2012 at 2:12am

More than you think

Elaboration or it didn't happen.
Doomster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doomster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2012 at 2:11am

Typical responses from typical people whom don't know how evil this person is

WATCH OUT GUYS! WE GOT A BADASS OVER HERE!
MrJohns345 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrJohns345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 10:53pm
More than you think
SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 9:18pm
It not about how evil he is, it about how shitty of a company invisible children is. 
i agree with jeff in saying that this guy is a complete waste of breathable air and should be drawn and quartered , but people knowing about him isnt going to get this guy found, it not like he is camping out in some guys backyard. 

Also, what research have you done other than watch a 30 minute video? I'm guessing little to none.  

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrJohns345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 9:10pm
Typical responses from typical people whom don't know how evil this person is
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by SKwid SKwid wrote:

oh god, not this shit. 
I THOUGHT I WAS SAFE HERE BUT NO 

^read these articles, it will explain why i think why you people are stupid. 

the company is horribly non-transparent, and, upon closer examination of their financials, (on their website) less than 50% of the money they get actually get goes to helping people. 

Its sad that everyone is mindlessly jumping on this bandwagon without knowing anything about what they are supporting. They seem to think that watching a 30 minute video that tugs at your heart-strings makes you an expert on a subject that they knew nothing about prior to watching. 
it just shows that people don't want to care about what they are supporting, they just want to support something. They want to feel like they are doing good, like they are 'helping the cause', regardless of what the cause actually is. "Couch Activism" is a good word to describe what you are doing. 

And a couple words about kony: Don't think that he is going to be found in a couple of months, or even a couple of years for that matter. Look at how long it took to find bin-ladin. The united States launched a full out invasion, and it still took them ten years to find him. 10 YEARS! This guy is hiding in the jungle, and by all accounts, isn't even in uganda any more. They dont even know what country he is in and, according to that video ( yes i watched it) he knows that he is sought after, and has gone int hiding. 

Don't think anything is going to come of this, it will probably be forgotten about by the beginning of April anyway. 

You hit the nail on the head, Christian.

Of course, I think Kony is an absolutely atrocious waste of oxygen, but this 'couch activism' that you've described is completely accurate.
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
Diogenes View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diogenes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by Wilytank Wilytank wrote:

Ah, I see why I should care.  He's a Christian so he should die. Smile

Actually, screw that.  There's probably a hundred more like him over there.  Remember when we capped bin-Laden and suddenly there was no more terrorism in the world?  Yeah...no.

Can't we focus on problems like that that occur over on our side of the Atlantic Ocean?  You know, like human trafficking?

Nonsense.  Kony 2012 is already a huge success.  Facebook told me so.

WHOA!

Edited by Diogenes - 11 Mar 2012 at 4:01pm
Doomster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doomster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2012 at 10:58am
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2012 at 7:05am
Ah, I see why I should care.  He's a Christian so he should die. Smile

Actually, screw that.  There's probably a hundred more like him over there.  Remember when we capped bin-Laden and suddenly there was no more terrorism in the world?  Yeah...no.

Can't we focus on problems like that that occur over on our side of the Atlantic Ocean?  You know, like human trafficking?
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2012 at 12:55am
Yeah it�s yet another example of the gruesome deeds done by an African warlord/rebel. The problem is, that if it�s not the rebels then usually it�s the government who tortures and kills it�s own people. Too many african nations are still savages and it�s such a pity for the large part of the populations in those countries who just want to live in peace.

...and no I don�t donate money when I don�t know where they goSmile

Edited by UMUR - 10 Mar 2012 at 12:57am
SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2012 at 12:52am
oh god, not this shit. 
I THOUGHT I WAS SAFE HERE BUT NO 

^read these articles, it will explain why i think why you people are stupid. 

the company is horribly non-transparent, and, upon closer examination of their financials, (on their website) less than 50% of the money they get actually get goes to helping people. 

Its sad that everyone is mindlessly jumping on this bandwagon without knowing anything about what they are supporting. They seem to think that watching a 30 minute video that tugs at your heart-strings makes you an expert on a subject that they knew nothing about prior to watching. 
it just shows that people don't want to care about what they are supporting, they just want to support something. They want to feel like they are doing good, like they are 'helping the cause', regardless of what the cause actually is. "Couch Activism" is a good word to describe what you are doing. 

And a couple words about kony: Don't think that he is going to be found in a couple of months, or even a couple of years for that matter. Look at how long it took to find bin-ladin. The united States launched a full out invasion, and it still took them ten years to find him. 10 YEARS! This guy is hiding in the jungle, and by all accounts, isn't even in uganda any more. They dont even know what country he is in and, according to that video ( yes i watched it) he knows that he is sought after, and has gone int hiding. 

Don't think anything is going to come of this, it will probably be forgotten about by the beginning of April anyway. 

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrJohns345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2012 at 11:40pm
Please help get this evil man into appropriate hands by going to:
www.kony2012.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic