Report all those coming from PA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Reed Lover View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

MP3 Addition Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reed Lover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2010 at 10:48am
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

Originally posted by Reed Lover Reed Lover wrote:

I used to be a regular on PA up until 2006 then I moved on.

hahhha... I remember you... LOL

Tongue
micky View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2010 at 10:07am
now... what is it going to take to get Ivan over here Rawks

maybe Santa needs to slip some Ratt under his X-mas tree LOL
micky View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2010 at 10:03am
Originally posted by Reed Lover Reed Lover wrote:

hahhha... I remember you... LOL

Reed Lover View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

MP3 Addition Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reed Lover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2010 at 9:34am

I was a big fan of the 70s Heavy Rock and Prog scene but never really took to the NWOBHM bands though have seen most live, including Leppard, Maiden and Saxon. Seen Led Zep, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Uriah Heep, Judas Priest, Motorhead, Angelwitch, AC/DC, Scorpions, Budgie and many more that escape me. I am not a big fan of modern metal but my daughter keeps me well informed and I am constantly exposed to the more commercial metal bands as my daughter has Kerrang on 24/7 on the TV. I do own a couple of Meshuggah cds and am a fan of Opeth.

Raff View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 6:36am
Originally posted by Harry Harry wrote:

But you walk out onto the street and say "I'm a proghead" and people are just gonna give you a blank stare and think you're some kind of weirdo

ClapLOL

Personally, I've always hated the word 'proghead'. I like prog (I wouldn't have joined PA if I hadn't), but it is not the only kind of music I like. In the Eighties I was much more into new wave and metal than prog, and have never liked the idea of belonging to a sort of 'cult'.

BTW, great to see you here, Alex and SebastianHug! Hope you will stay with us.

Edited by Raff - 08 Apr 2010 at 6:36am
Harry View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 5:17am
Originally posted by EM Hearst EM Hearst wrote:

I frequented the Prog Archives for a while... i think my handle was AdamHearst there.
I did about a hundred reviews; mostly Symphonic Prog and some Prog Metal. It's interesting how many Prog-heads are also metal-heads.

Also interesting to note how many metalheads are into prog tooWink
Personally I always saw myself as a metalhead first and foremost no matter what else I listened to.
I listen to a healthy dose of prog, but something about calling myself a "prog head" doesn't sit right with me at all.
Kinda the whole, we know what a metalhead is, a punk is,a  goth is kinda thing.
But you walk out onto the street and say "I'm a proghead" and people are just gonna give you a blank stare and think you're some kind of weirdo
micky View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2010 at 8:17pm
Sebastian! Hug
burritounit View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burritounit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2010 at 8:06pm
hey guys!

Edited by burritounit - 07 Apr 2010 at 8:06pm
The Pessimist View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Pessimist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2010 at 7:50pm
Hey guys, this site kicks arse

In fact, I'm gonna move here from PA, this is the forum I visit from now on haha

It's the whole new beginning thing, makes me feel all fuzzy inside

Hows it going folks?
micky View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2010 at 5:59pm
LOL I guess I did 
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors and Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2010 at 5:50pm
Oh no you din't.
micky View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2010 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by Nightfly Nightfly wrote:

Greetings fellow PA members. Smile

Na-Nu   Na-Nu!!

Edited by micky - 07 Apr 2010 at 5:49pm
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2010 at 4:47pm
Greetings fellow PA members. Smile
MovingPictures07 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MovingPictures07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2010 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by EM Hearst EM Hearst wrote:

I frequented the Prog Archives for a while... i think my handle was AdamHearst there.
I did about a hundred reviews; mostly Symphonic Prog and some Prog Metal. It's interesting how many Prog-heads are also metal-heads.

Nice to see someone from the Cincinnati area! I know one other person (birdwithteeth11) from high school, but it's good to know that there's someone else around here who's into awesome music. Thumbs Up
EM Hearst View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EM Hearst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2010 at 12:57pm
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2010 at 6:51am
ionly saw this today

same name, different signature and still too lazy to find and select an avataer

My presence here might surprize a few, here.... but I never said I didn't like metal

Let's just say I moved on once I hitt the 20's and haven't followed the metal trends

Most likely I'll be here for the stuff I know and love.... not likely to search for "new bands",  though.

Edited by Sean Trane - 07 Apr 2010 at 7:38am
my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicted musicians to crazy ones....

Evolutionary Sleeper View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evolutionary Sleeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 8:01pm
Reporting in!
idiotPrayer View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idiotPrayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 3:37am
HI!Rawksgreat site!
"Good taste is the enemy of creativity"
-Pablo Picasso
CCVP View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCVP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by Pekka Pekka wrote:

Originally posted by CCVP CCVP wrote:

Originally posted by Windhawk Windhawk wrote:

Would you rather have Blaze Bailey back with Harris & Co?  ;-)

hmmm...  ahhh... yeah LOL

I really don't know why people think Blaze Bayley have such a bad reputation. I saw him live last year and I really enjoyed the concert. Clap

As a solo act he's great, singing stuff designed for his voice. Bruce material he just could not pull off, that's where the bad reputation comes.
This is probably it.
The T 666 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T 666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by Harry Harry wrote:

Originally posted by Kashmir75 Kashmir75 wrote:

Originally posted by The T 666 The T 666 wrote:

Originally posted by Balthamel Balthamel wrote:

Maybe Dream Theater could replace Labrie with Michael Bolton LOL

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that is exactly what Dream Theater needs.... to start at least...   they can work on a new drummer.. bassist... keyboardist.. and finally guitarist later I suppose

Oh no! Not here too! CryOuch

TongueLOL

Cry Yeah. Here I was, thinking there was finally a website where we could safely discuss DT without it descending into anarchy. Does such a place exist? Are they to be about as accepted in the metal community as they are in the prog community? 

Better yet a website where we can discuss other bands than Dream Theater.
At least at the child forum at ultimatemetal.com I go to, DT is rarely if ever, brought up in topics or topics made about them. Hell, even on the Petrucci forum itself I swear they don't discuss DT as much as PA

Also, unlike in PA where DT are like the most popular band in the entire catalogue of bands (amongst the most popular at least), here on MMA there are 398471347810 bands that are more popular (read: commercially successful) than DT so probably the hate and jealousy they inspire so well will not be too evident in these waters.. Wink  

(I hope.... Cry)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
  Share Topic