MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Metal Up Your Ass and all that Jazz Room V2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 320321322323324 328>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors and Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2010 at 1:56pm
Sorry to hear that.  How does that work, that they are out of the running for the Danish Cup and yet they are still playing on Sunday? 
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2010 at 1:45pm
Damn my football team just lost 3 - 0 and we�re out of the Danish Cup. We were among the last 8 teams so it�s a bitter defeat.Cry

We have a match against the local rivals from FC Nordsj�lland coming up on Sunday. They�ve never beaten us, so maybe we�ll get lucky there. My wife is working this weekend so I probably won�t have time to go to the match myself if I can�t find a babysitter for the kids.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors and Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2010 at 12:47pm
Robert Berry created a disc on Magna Carta Records that was based on the Wheel of Time series.  It is progressive rock and not metal, but you might enjoy it.

Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2010 at 8:51am
  • The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.
    Pekka View Drop Down
    MMA Special Collaborator
    MMA Special Collaborator
    Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2010 at 7:02am
    I don't know any bands or read the series, but every time I see the books in the library I curse the fact that they've started using those lousy computer generated cover images for the newer volumes instead of the cool paintings they used to have.
    <- Click on this!
    Balthamel View Drop Down
    MMA Special Collaborator
    MMA Special Collaborator
    Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2010 at 5:46am
    by the way my nick and avatar is based ot a chracter from the Wheel of Time
    Balthamel View Drop Down
    MMA Special Collaborator
    MMA Special Collaborator
    Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2010 at 5:45am
    does anyone here know of any metal that are influenced by the fantasy epic series the Wheel of Times
    it is my favourite series and I wonder if  their is bands or songs that have used ispiration from  tWoT ; as a source to their sound or lyrics
    Pekka View Drop Down
    MMA Special Collaborator
    MMA Special Collaborator
    Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 11:49pm
    I think I watched two or three of the first Tonight Shows as I was on holiday, and it wasn't that much fun. Some of Conan's mannerisms had gotten really old, or perhaps I'd just grown out of them in my years of not seeing the show. But he's a hilarious man, especially with a good guest like my favourite Late Night guest Jeff Goldblum.
    <- Click on this!
    Stooge View Drop Down
    MMA Special Collaborator
    MMA Special Collaborator
    Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 7:27pm
    Originally posted by Pekka Pekka wrote:

Too bad Conan's not showing here, yet at least... I used to be a big fan of his Late Night show during the first half of the last decade, but I rarely watched him in the last five years or so. I started to like sleeping more.

I agree with the sleeping part.  I'm probably only going to watch this first bunch for now, but stay alert on who will be appearing as guests. 

I think it started with when Conan had the Tonight Show, but he brought back Andy Richter to act as announcer/sidekick.  I've got to say Andy isn't as funny as he used to be.

Edited by Stooge - 09 Nov 2010 at 7:28pm
    Vehemency View Drop Down
    MMA Special Collaborator
    MMA Special Collaborator
    Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vehemency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 3:37pm
    Didn't know Conan is back, this is great news.

My frustration goes like this: fuck the weather! No fun to have an open air job when there's a snowstorm... I hope it's gone by tomorrow so I can finish things safe and sound and can get in time to see Katatonia.
    UMUR View Drop Down
    MMA Special Collaborator
    MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 3:03pm

Gaaahh, fuck record companies and their money grabbing releases Angry I counted 81, eighty one, 8 fokken' 1 compilations in the Uriah Heep discography Wacko

That�s just plain ridiculousConfused.
    Pekka View Drop Down
    MMA Special Collaborator
    MMA Special Collaborator
    Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 2:54pm
    Too bad Conan's not showing here, yet at least... I used to be a big fan of his Late Night show during the first half of the last decade, but I rarely watched him in the last five years or so. I started to like sleeping more.
    <- Click on this!
    Stooge View Drop Down
    MMA Special Collaborator
    MMA Special Collaborator
    Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 2:46pm

Gaaahh, fuck record companies and their money grabbing releases Angry I counted 81, eighty one, 8 fokken' 1 compilations in the Uriah Heep discography Wacko

That's crazy! I saw a commercial for a Bon Jovi greatest hits album, and it seems like some bands have a compilation package come out every year (even more frequent than that sometimes).

I watched the debut of Conan O'Brien's new show "Conan".  For those interested, I think Soundgarden are the musical guests tonight.
    Pekka View Drop Down
    MMA Special Collaborator
    MMA Special Collaborator
    Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 2:24pm
    <- Click on this!
    UMUR View Drop Down
    MMA Special Collaborator
    MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 12:33pm
    ^LOL
    Time Signature View Drop Down
    MMA Special Collaborator
    MMA Special Collaborator
    Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 12:22pm
    <--- The UMUR cat
    UMUR View Drop Down
    MMA Special Collaborator
    MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 4:51am
    Oh damn, I see it nowEmbarrassedLOL.
    Colt View Drop Down
    MMA Special Collaborator
    MMA Special Collaborator
    Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 4:48am
    Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

I don�t drink that much alcohol these days, but the few times a year I go out with the boys I usually take it all the way and never look backSmile.

I'm not sure you explained that too well Jonas LOLLOLLOL
    UMUR View Drop Down
    MMA Special Collaborator
    MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 3:09am
    Yeah I wish I hadn�t watched that clip now.
    Pekka View Drop Down
    MMA Special Collaborator
    MMA Special Collaborator
    Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 1:58am
    Somewhere around 75 and 100 is the ideal temperature I think, though the heat has a lot to do with the humidity as well, so sometimes 100 isn't as bad as 80 really. Sometimes you want a gentle relaxing time and sometimes feel a bit punished by the heat.

The sauna contest has absolutely nothing to do with a good relaxing bit of bathing though, it's an inhuman experiment in which the heat is 115 degrees and half a litre of water is thrown on the stove every thirty seconds. The other guy who was taken out of the room with severe burns woke up from his coma against all expectations a while ago and is likely to recover I think. I chose not to watch the footage, I bet it was nasty.

Edited by Pekka - 08 Nov 2010 at 2:00am
    <- Click on this!
     Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 320321322323324 328>
      Share Topic