MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Help us improve the site
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MMA Banner

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
graphix View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Co-founder, Admin & Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graphix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 8:42am
^ To the email address you provided Ermm

Maybe the email was considered as a spam (look in you spam folder). I you don't find it, private message me, I will share you the files a different way.
Darksideof View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darksideof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by graphix graphix wrote:

Originally posted by Darksideof Darksideof wrote:

Hello Phil
better of if you sen me the jpeg in my email adress
[email protected]
the higher the resolution the better. talk soon

I finally sent the logo to Abel!�Cool
Where did you send it? I haven't got it yet.Confused
http://darksideofcollages.blogspot.com
graphix View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graphix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by Darksideof Darksideof wrote:

Hello Phil
[email protected]

I finally sent the logo to Abel! Cool
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darksideof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 10:58am
Originally posted by Colt Colt wrote:

IMO Abel it has to be banner size so it can be added to other sites as a means to advertise MMA and therefore increase visits.

I personally intend to add it to my MySpace page at least and will send it to all the bands that are my "friends" which are close to 1800 now. I know a lot of bands I have helped that will almost certainly use the banner on their pages too. Big smile

Maybe try both versions, a cropped one leaving the Priest blade to add the MMA logo and a reduced version.

Everyone can then form an opinion.
I see your point. Thanks!! that great news that so many people will see it. quiet awesome news!Embarrassed
 Also i was think that maybe the collage ( the whole collage) can be a intro page Right in the center and at the button be an enter to the site link or the image can be the link.
 Something like this:

also When can have the collage as a background image like this.

Also I can create an banner like this one but the standard size. these aren't
I'll show you when i have done. I will try several version..
Wink

Edited by Darksideof - 07 Sep 2010 at 11:17am
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 10:35am
The Priest blade with the logo is certainly a great idea.  Perhaps that would be the focal point of a smaller, banner sized version of the collage.  The bigger collage with a logo could possibly fit in well on the main page, but that's obviously m@x's / graphix's call.
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 10:30am
IMO Abel it has to be banner size so it can be added to other sites as a means to advertise MMA and therefore increase visits.

I personally intend to add it to my MySpace page at least and will send it to all the bands that are my "friends" which are close to 1800 now. I know a lot of bands I have helped that will almost certainly use the banner on their pages too. Big smile

Maybe try both versions, a cropped one leaving the Priest blade to add the MMA logo and a reduced version.

Everyone can then form an opinion.
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darksideof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 10:04am
I have a question. Do you guys think I should crop the collage so it make is a official banner standard size or Should just crop it?
like this?
it would be a shame if I would i have to crop it but then the whole collage will be very small when it is reduce.
Wht you guys think?
or Can you guy use the collage as it is? not as a banner?Embarrassed

crop
Smaller. Less Resolution.

Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darksideof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 9:54am
Originally posted by CCVP CCVP wrote:

Hell yeah Abel, nice to see you roaming through the basted wastlands of heavy metal. LOL

No time for banners now, lets metal! Rawks

JAJAJAJAJA!! BUDDY!
thanks!!
CCVP View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCVP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 10:56am
Hell yeah Abel, nice to see you roaming through the basted wastlands of heavy metal. LOL

No time for banners now, lets metal! Rawks

Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darksideof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 10:05am

Thanks Phil.Smile

Can you send Abel a high resolution image as requested?

Abel, until you get the correct quality image, do you want to try to save the image as Phil has suggested and then add it to the collage as Scott recommended, ie over the JP Razor Blade. Thats a bloody good idea IMO.

Thanks Scott. Clap

Yeah Rushfan4 gave the indea and think it is quiet great. Clap
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2010 at 2:12pm
Thanks Phil.Smile

Can you send Abel a high resolution image as requested?

Abel, until you get the correct quality image, do you want to try to save the image as Phil has suggested and then add it to the collage as Scott recommended, ie over the JP Razor Blade. Thats a bloody good idea IMO.

Thanks Scott. Clap
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darksideof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2010 at 10:44am
Originally posted by graphix graphix wrote:

Max/Phil, can you forward a jpeg of the MMA logo to Abel so he can add it to the final banner please?

He!! Very cool collage Thumbs Up ... sorry, I missed this thread Embarrassed

If Abel needs a Jpeg of the MMA logo, I need more details about the resolution... I can send him a high resolution 
version of the logo. Meanwhile, he can at least save the logo used in the forum (righ-click on the image and save 
image as...) in order to do some tests!?

Hello Phil
[email protected]
graphix View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graphix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2010 at 8:34pm

Max/Phil, can you forward a jpeg of the MMA logo to Abel so he can add it to the final banner please?

He!! Very cool collage Thumbs Up ... sorry, I missed this thread Embarrassed

If Abel needs a Jpeg of the MMA logo, I need more details about the resolution... I can send him a high resolution 
version of the logo. Meanwhile, he can at least save the logo used in the forum (righ-click on the image and save 
image as...) in order to do some tests!?
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darksideof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2010 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

I have no objection to using the current one that Abel made, I just thought that it might be more appropriate to add some newer artists as well.  I am a classic metal guy though, so I have no recommendations for current artists.  He mentioned that there are bands like Burzum and Rammstein in there.  These aren't artists that I am familiar with so I probably wouldn't have recognized what they were.  I agree that with 75000 metal bands I'd have no idea where to begin either.

Liike I said If I add more albums it would overloaded it and I think it is finish the way it is.
imaging if I would have to create an artwork witth 75,000 metal bands. I would never end.
LOL

rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors and Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2010 at 12:47pm
I have no objection to using the current one that Abel made, I just thought that it might be more appropriate to add some newer artists as well.  I am a classic metal guy though, so I have no recommendations for current artists.  He mentioned that there are bands like Burzum and Rammstein in there.  These aren't artists that I am familiar with so I probably wouldn't have recognized what they were.  I agree that with 75000 metal bands I'd have no idea where to begin either.
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darksideof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2010 at 12:10pm

Abel,

Lets wait until we have heard from more of the members.

I still believe with the final banner that we can only incorporate the "classic" well known bands, otherwise where do you start where do you finish, who do you include who don't you include when there are c.75000 Metal bands out there! Source: Enc. Met.

It needs to be easily identifiable but thats just my opinion.

Don't go changing anything just yet!

I agree!Big smile
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2010 at 12:05pm

Abel,

Lets wait until we have heard from more of the members.

I still believe with the final banner that we can only incorporate the "classic" well known bands, otherwise where do you start where do you finish, who do you include who don't you include when there are c.75000 Metal bands out there! Source: Enc. Met.

It needs to be easily identifiable but thats just my opinion.

Don't go changing anything just yet!

Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darksideof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2010 at 11:40am

It looks really cool. Best I can tell though, most of the images included are either from glam, traditional, or thrash metal and most of them are from classic bands.  I don't recognize all of the images, but should other genres and maybe some more modern artists be included as well? 
Or  maybe MMA can use the progmetal collage later on the webiste. sounds good.

Edited by Darksideof - 01 Sep 2010 at 12:09pm
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darksideof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2010 at 11:38am

It looks really cool. Best I can tell though, most of the images included are either from glam, traditional, or thrash metal and most of them are from classic bands.  I don't recognize all of the images, but should other genres and maybe some more modern artists be included as well? 
 Hey bother what's going on?
well, when I was discusting  to Steve about  the banner and what band should I include, he recomended  most of these. Then i subjected that to the collage should be only of of tradiction heavy metal bands which are the foundation of metal and that are common and easy images  to be recognize by the average heavy metal fan. Bands like pegan's Mind, Bloodbath etc aren't really,.however I did include some modern bands' albums like Burzum and Rammstein.
however T i don't want to oveload the collage like I did in the past Like
Like these collages:
I recomended to use one these collage to Steve but  I got no respond. So I made a new one.

If I add more images to the collage it gonna look to busy and I don't think that is a good Idea.Shocked
Also when it will get scale down it gonna be very hard to be recognize.  I Think.

Edited by Darksideof - 01 Sep 2010 at 11:43am
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2010 at 9:11am
^Seconded, yes. Perhaps one image per band, even? 

Is the signature size image going to be the whole thing or a small fragment? If the whole thing, it may make the images way too small when reduced in size.
<- Click on this!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic