MISS LAVA — Sonic Debris (review)

MISS LAVA — Sonic Debris album cover Album · 2016 · Stoner Metal Buy this album from MMA partners
ElNapalmo
"Sonic Debris" is the third studio album of Portuguese rockers Miss Lava. Unfortunately, I did not get a chance to listen to "Red Supergiant", so I can not compare and comment on musical evolution. However the sound seems to have changed a little since the 2009 debut "Blues For The Dangerous Miles" and the evolution is notorious. The new sound of Miss Lava is spontaneous, strong and above all, more appealing. The influences are still there, but the band has managed to create their own identity and, although the disc is heterogeneous enough to keep the listener interested, it is perfectly cohesive. "Sonic Debris" was produced by Fernando Matias along with the band itself, mixed by Benny Grotto (Slapshot, Sasquatch, Lo Pan) in Boston, and mastered by Chris Goosman (Greenleaf, Acid King, Wo Fat, Night Stalker), in Chicago. In total there are 10 tracks that sum up to 50 minutes. It will surely please fans of Kyuss, Corrosion Of Conformity, Monster Magnet, Soundgarden, Clutch or Fu Manchu. Rock is alive in Portugal and it is recommended.

Bosh66 wrote:
7 months ago
Nice review Ricardo and welcome to MMA. Enjoyed the album myself. It’s a decent release.

Botched & Flailed Metalcore